• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What If Tom Brady Is "Innocent"?

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really think that Brady and the Pat's weren't deflating footballs? C'mon.
....they was kneeling in a (~prayer~ circle) during half-time........they couldn't have time to do any g-dam deflating....!

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are not only accusations against the Patriots. They went thru the NFL justice system and they were found guilty. And as I said before....anyone with half a brain knows the Pat's and Brady were deflating footballs.

You need to wake the hell up and pull your head out from the Patriot's ass. Nothing wrong with acknowledging that what the Pat's did was wrong even if you were a Patriots fan. You can argue that the penalties are too severe but don't act or infer for a second that the Patriots are innocent of deflating footballs. And pointing out that other teams probably did it in the past isn't' a defense either. It's a logical fallacy...Tu quoque. Look it up.

It's called objectivity. You should try it. Being honest won't take away the Pat's SB title and it won't keep Brady out of the HOF. And it most certainly doesn't mean you're not a Pat's fan.

Great post. The major qualifier for me is the sting nature of this whole thing. Why was it handled the way it was? Sure I can face facts but it's obnoxious that Patriot detractors cannot. If other teams doing it cannot be assumed, why then can we so easily assume that the Patriots have been deflating balls for years? Multiple fumbles and interceptions by multiple teams and nobody ever noticed that the ball they got from the Pats felt soft until now?

My best guess is that Brady's smug remarks about the Ravens really pissed off Irsay and Harbaugh and that this sting was set up. Absolutely, don't cheat and you don't have to worry about it. Got it douchers but you know what? That applies to all sorts of things but we still expect a fair due process and people are let off all the time because arrests and investigations aren't performed correctly. Add that this is barely a blip if it was an unknown QB on a crappy team and the entire thing has just been blown out of proportion.

There should have been a Thumper cease and Desist letter as step one. Barring that, the guidelines for equipment tampering should have guided the punishment.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon dont quarantine Rocko, it's not like he affected with some virus, or is he?

LOL, damn phone auto corrected guarantee to quarantine.

While quarantining Rock might be a good idea he is not to OP nor the poster I was talking about.

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My best guess is that Brady's smug remarks about the Ravens really pissed off Irsay and Harbaugh and that this sting was set up. Absolutely, don't cheat and you don't have to worry about it. Got it douchers but you know what? That applies to all sorts of things but we still expect a fair due process and people are let off all the time because arrests and investigations aren't performed correctly. Add that this is barely a blip if it was an unknown QB on a crappy team and the entire thing has just been blown out of proportion.

I didn't blame Brady's smug smack aimed at the whine from Harbaugh with that Danny Ainge expression on his face ... but I think he also made the refs look bad for allowing the substitution at the last second ... and that got the attention of that lapdog Goodell as well ...

I've never been more convinced of a pussy sting as I have this week, culminated by my new friend Mr. Robert Kraft ...

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah him and @NEPatsfan

You can trust whatever they say is fact-based and free of conjecture, speculation and/or rewriting of past events.

This is Rock's favorite new thread. He's moving in.

Or you could acknowledge that I point out when I'm right, and when I'm wrong. What a concept.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are not only accusations against the Patriots. They went thru the NFL justice system and they were found guilty. And as I said before....anyone with half a brain knows the Pat's and Brady were deflating footballs.

You need to wake the hell up and pull your head out from the Patriot's ass. Nothing wrong with acknowledging that what the Pat's did was wrong even if you were a Patriots fan. You can argue that the penalties are too severe but don't act or infer for a second that the Patriots are innocent of deflating footballs. And pointing out that other teams probably did it in the past isn't' a defense either. It's a logical fallacy...Tu quoque. Look it up.

It's called objectivity. You should try it. Being honest won't take away the Pat's SB title and it won't keep Brady out of the HOF. And it most certainly doesn't mean you're not a Pat's fan.
So if a local court finds you guilty of a felony. But you know you didn't do it. Do you continue to raise appeals to the highest courts? If said court finds you innocent, are you still guilty? By your train of thought you're still a felon, congratulations.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to read up on this situation:

The NFL is most likely going with the suspension of 4 games based on doing things against the "Unfair Acts" rule. If a team does "Unfair Acts" such as play with a lower pressure inflated balls compared to the other teams the penalty can be much worse than a $25,000 fine. I dont think it will be hard for the NFL to prove there were Unfair Acts being done by Brady.

The Penalty available for "UnFair Acts" reads as follows:

The penalties for Unfair Acts appear to be unlimited and range from a minimum of fines, suspensions, and lost draft picks, all the way to giving commissioner Roger Goodell the power to replay the game or even rule it a forfeit:

The Commissioner’s powers under this section (UNFAIR ACTS) include the imposition of monetary fines and draft choice forfeitures, suspension of persons involved, and, if appropriate, the reversal of a game’s result or the rescheduling of a game, either from the beginning or from the point at which the extraordinary act occurred.

Read more: NFL Rule Lets League Punish Patriots With Draft Picks, Fines - Business Insider
Well wouldn't that mean the Colts are guilty as well? Three of their balls tested were also low? The NFL canxt use those measurements outlined in the Wells report. It's a piece of swiss cheese. IMO the NFL needs to focus on obstruction. That's really all they have. No proof of anythjng else. This is court where now guilt requires proof not more probable than not.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tom brady was smart he got away with it for over 6 year . say 25 grand 10 balls a game and being nice 16 games a year comes to 24, 000,000 so roger gave the pats a break . anyone thinks this was a 1 game thing is just stupid !!!!!!! if if if if if if what if tom brady broke his noodle arm and never played football ? if the world was a great place to live . if no one murdered people ? if we needed no jails ? ifififif
If you weren't a total tool. I can't believe I wasted my time reading your drivel.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I follow them all quite closely.

The NFL has lost a couple of cases in a row because they were trying to retroactively apply punishment.

It's the only reason they have lost. And the NFL likely knew they were going to lose that one but after the Rice fiasco and Goodell admitting he made a mistake of going too light, he decided to just put the hammer down and let the courts fix it so he didn't look bad from a public relations standpoint.

Every single one of the court cases they have lost was about retroactively applying the new domestic assault policy to players who had committed the crimes before the new policy was put into place.

Those cases have nothing to do with this one. Not the same crime, not the same set of rules for punishment.
Agreed this should've been a 25k fine and it all would've went away.

VikingsAD28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if Santa Claus was real?