• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What if MJ jumped around from superteam to superteam?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Jordan went around playing with other greats and creating these super teams he wouldn't be remotely close to being the GOAT.

We would be comparing LeBron to Kobe instead of Jordan if that were the case.

There were no superteams in the 90s, so he didn't need to do that to win.

But, if 3 or 4 elite players all joined forces, Jordan would have needed more help or he wouldn't have won.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were no superteams in the 90s, so he didn't need to do that to win.

But, if 3 or 4 elite players all joined forces, Jordan would have needed more help or he wouldn't have won.

You had like 4 or 6 really really good teams during Jordan's days.

Orlando (Penny, Shaq)
New York Knicks
Utah
Seattle
Indiana
Portland
Detroit

Of course you didn't have Malone, Stockton deciding to team up with Reggie and Ewing to try and chase rings. Because these men didn't have it in their minds to take the easy road to win titles.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair to Lebron he hasn't jumped from team to team. He's gone from the cavs to the Heat back to the Cavs.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You had like 4 or 6 really really good teams during Jordan's days.

Orlando (Penny, Shaq)
New York Knicks
Utah
Seattle
Indiana
Portland
Detroit

Of course you didn't have Malone, Stockton deciding to team up with Reggie and Ewing to try and chase rings. Because these men didn't have it in their minds to take the easy road to win titles.

and aside from the Bulls, none of those teams would contend today.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he willing to take the criticism? I think he was more or less surprised by the criticism the first time, and kinda skirted the criticism the second time by concealing it within a "coming home" guise.

He did seem surprised at first, but I think at some point he kind of embraced the villain role in MIA so I do think he was willing to take it. I think "going home" was really about finishing the job now that the cast was better, but he did skirt it a lot more.

I'm not going there except to say, I think much like our president, early on Lebron wanted to be universally loved. I really think Lebron is comfortable being Lebron at this point...whatever that means.