• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What if MJ jumped around from superteam to superteam?

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's kind of the thing LeBron never had to deal with. Without a super team you go to the bench and the other team goes on run. We saw it countless times with him on bench in Miami and wade would have huge scoring runs or now it's Irving. Often they might have been down 5 points LeBron goes to bench comes back with a 12 point lead. It's why I argue his mvps. How valuable are you if your team plays just fine with you on bench. 2 all star teams aren't going to lose a lot of games should 3rd all star miss time.

That's why the Cavs record with Kyrie/Love and without Lebon is dominate.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Jordan played in today's game he'd sign a max deal after his rookie contract ran out and would be thinking about that vs. figuring out how to get past the Pistons. The league was screwed back then. They could have payed him a hundred million for all the interest he brought the league and he only cleared 4 mill 2 seasons. He obviously had a pretty good deal on the side but the league didn't allow players to jump around back then like they do now. I have no problem with a guy maximizing his earnings and I won't hold it against a player in for working wherever he wants to. But when Jordan was in his prime there was a little bit more of desperation involved in it given how poorly players were paid by the NBA vs. what they're making now.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers fans were saying that Kevin was going there before the trade.

Pretty much everyone was saying that. There were GM's who weren't even planning on trying to sign him as an FA because Love to the Lakers was considered practically a done deal.

Amazing what a run to the finals will do to change a guys mind. lol

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theres no doubt he would have rivaled Russell's ring counts and surpassed it most likely.. Yet he wouldn't have been held in the GOAT regard as it is today.

Theres a reason hardly ANYONE considers Russell GOAT despite his ring count. Weaker, lesser competitive era like now the level of talent distribution being lame today.

Theres a right way and wrong way to do things.. And that WEAK way. Like we have seen from Lebron over the past 7 years and KD doing now

As Jordan said, He would have never dreamed of Joining forces with Larry Legend and Magic.

Jesus Christ on a unicycle.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you post this shit?

You can't be be dumb enough to believe it.

I'm convinced that somewhere along the line, Lebron fucked his girl. Seeming really hard, and right in front of him.

Nothing else makes sense.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole thread has been condemned, please proceed carefully to The LeBron thread to continue your pointless circle jerk

Also, Buster Posey is a sniveling quim whose incompetence behind the dish deprived us all of collisions at the plate forever. Fuck him harder than you.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Buster Posey is a sniveling quim whose incompetence behind the dish deprived us all of collisions at the plate forever. Fuck him harder than you.

Yeah...Fuck Buster Posey and his stupid ass name.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Love is a good player. All-star caliber when he is playing well. Certainly not an elite player.

I think thats one of those situation where love doesn't get shots because of Lebron and Irving. He's had big game's. I think if it was just him and Irving he would be relied on more. It's same thing with bosh. These guys aren't scrubs just when you stack super teams like lesidekick insists he has to have to win then somebody gets less shots.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, I'm kind of not one of the guys that criticize players for jumping, but when we start comparing to an era that seen the mega stars stay with their teams through thick and thin(for the most part), it can get kind of tricky. As for Jordan, he was never on a super team, people just tend to remember those teams as so. The first 3 years it was Jordan, a rising star in Pippen, and a solid contributor in Horace Grant.

The only other players worth anything were Paxson and Armstrong, whom averaged single digit points per game. In the second three peat Pippen was far beyond just an all-star, but all the other players were role players that did their niche well. Rodman was good for rebounding, Kerr was good for spot ups, and Kukoc was solid as a 6th man.

NOW, if we want to go down the road of if Jordan would of jumped to a superteam, the "best" chance would of been after the 3 peat, because I'm one to believe that he only retired because Krause pushed Phil, and Jordan out. TOTAL hypothetical, but let's say he stays, and jumps to the Spurs, or Blazers. I think he gets atleast 1 or 2 more chips, but pending on how long he stayed, I also think that he would of finally lost a Finals at some point

EDIT- He would of stayed undefeated in the Finals, but probably would lost in the WEST, pending on how long he stayed

There were no "super teams" back then.

But, Jordan and Pippen were both top 5 players in the mid 90s and Jordan was best. No other team had anything close to that.

Again, the only way he enhances his ring count is if he doesn't retire. That is the entire point. He would not have gotten more by team jumping alone.

LeChuck421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bulls were the biggest super team in the 90s. No need for Jordan to jump ship.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why the Cavs record with Kyrie/Love and without Lebon is dominate.

The Cavaliers are 4-23 over the last three seasons when LeBron James doesn't play. Sure LeBron isn't good enough to be an MVP finalist but who is more valuable than James.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavaliers are 4-23 over the last three seasons when LeBron James doesn't play. Sure LeBron isn't good enough to be an MVP finalist but who is more valuable than James.

Nobody.

And it really isn't that close.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking the top player out for a few games disrupt the game planning, strategy and executions. But eventually a good team with a lot of talent adapts. Its always been that way.

The Cavs would eventually adapt to playing without Lebron. Its not like they don't have the talent to do so. Missing a few games here and there is different than forcing a team to take a new strategy if that player is gone for months.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess the sarcasm wasn't clear in my original post.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we're trying to make an argument against LJ being fill in the ___________...changing teams to seek titles does take some of the shine off his star. No question, but what it tells me is the guy is competitive and at the same time smart enough to realize he can't win a title by himself, and finally has enough balls to jump ship and take the criticism for doing it.

Is he willing to take the criticism? I think he was more or less surprised by the criticism the first time, and kinda skirted the criticism the second time by concealing it within a "coming home" guise.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Jordan went around playing with other greats and creating these super teams he wouldn't be remotely close to being the GOAT.

We would be comparing LeBron to Kobe instead of Jordan if that were the case.