• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What if MJ jumped around from superteam to superteam?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention the termination of Doug Collins and subsequent hiring of Phil Jackson.

Just like LeBron, Jordan forced a coaching change as well.
Did Collins get the ax because of MJ?

Collins was crazy young then, I never really had assumed Jordan got him out.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they make your job easier but the Fact is, Cavs would STILL Probably get through the draw. Heres what you don't seem to get. When you factor in injuries to Toronto and the Celtics to key plays, and how erratic and nutty the Pacers are, that Draw is WEAK and BAD.

Take Lebron off the team, how isn't Irving, Love, TT, Smith, Korver, and other guys, thats more than enough to get through injured Raptors, Injured Celtics (who without IT doesn't even have a good enough scorer.)

Which is probably why I believe the Cavs settle for 2nd seed. (You think that was by accident?) They knew getting the 2nd seed meant an EASIER trip to the finals and they were right 100 percent hands down.

Lebron will be needed for the finals but ultimately was NOT needed to get through the teams they have played so far.
Why do you post this shit?

You can't be be dumb enough to believe it.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't change the fact that he then jumped ship from the aging Heat team to join forces with young talent the Cavs had accumulated for losing him in the first place. He forced the Cavs into rebuilding, which the league (and the lottery process if you trust that, some don't) rewarded with multiple high lottery picks, then came back (with good timing of course) to reap the benefits.

Do you honestly think Lebron comes back to the Cavs if they had drafted Derrick Williams instead of Kyrie? Or if they didn't have Wiggins to trade for Love? It was bad enough they drafted Bennett.

If we're trying to make an argument against LJ being fill in the ___________...changing teams to seek titles does take some of the shine off his star. No question, but what it tells me is the guy is competitive and at the same time smart enough to realize he can't win a title by himself, and finally has enough balls to jump ship and take the criticism for doing it.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Believe what? They couldn't get through the Pacers, Toronto without Lowry, and Celtics without their best player???

:L

Is that "far fetched" or something? Have they played a juggernaut yet where they really NEEDED Lebron? Raptors have no depth, but without Lowry (who is probably their best player) they really don't have much with just DeRozan. Celtics without IT, have little to NO talent. They are just a team of role players. Bradley is decent but far from any kind of superstar. Horford is mehhh

I must have missed the series where the Cavs played some great team at full strength

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe what? They couldn't get through the Pacers, Toronto without Lowry, and Celtics without their best player???

Is that "far fetched" or something? Have they played a juggernaut yet where they really NEEDED Lebron? Raptors have no depth, but without Lowry (who is probably their best player) they really don't have much with just DeRozan. Celtics without IT, have little to NO talent. They are just a team of role players. Bradley is decent but far from any kind of superstar. Horford is mehhh
I guess you really are that dumb.

My mistake.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you really are that dumb.

My mistake.

Again... I must have missed the series where they played some great team at full strength. Who was this team again?

Because once again, all I saw was the Pacers (far worse from the Hibbert days when they were much better), Raptors without their best player and Boston without their best player. ROFLMAO

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again... I must have missed the series where they played some great team at full strength. Who was this team again?

Because once again, all I saw was the Pacers (far worse from the Hibbert days when they were much better), Raptors without their best player and Boston without their best player. ROFLMAO

Did you see the game where the Cavs were getting pummeled by the Pacers? Lue benched Love and Irving and Lebron single-handedly won the game?

Clearly your hatred of Lebron has convinced that he is simply a better player than the other guys and not on all time time great playing the best basketball of his career.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see the game where the Cavs were getting pummeled by the Pacers? Lue benched Love and Irving and Lebron single-handedly won the game?

Clearly your hatred of Lebron has convinced that he is simply a better player than the other guys and not on all time time great playing the best basketball of his career.

How about the Game hes sitting on the bench with 4 fouls and Irving is a one man band keeping the Cavs in it. They were almost a better team with Lebron sitting than being out there.

Never said Lebron isn't an all time great with his resume. But his resume is inflated because of what has transpired since 2010. You now its true, we all know its true.

Its why Durant hitched a ride to GS. "The Path of least resistance" as its called

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about the Game hes sitting on the bench with 4 fouls and Irving is a one man band keeping the Cavs in it. They were almost a better team with Lebron sitting than being out there.

Which game was that?

Never said Lebron isn't an all time great with his resume. But his resume is inflated because of what has transpired since 2010. You now its true, we all know its true.

Its why Durant hitched a ride to GS. "The Path of least resistance" as its called

I don't give a shit about his resume. We are talking about his play on the court.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which game was that?

I don't give a shit about his resume. We are talking about his play on the court.

Well.... It goes both ways here... Other superstars have benefited from playing with Lebron but you don't Lebron has benefited from playing with all them since 2011? ROFLMAO

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well.... It goes both ways here... Other superstars have benefited from playing with Lebron but you don't Lebron has benefited from playing with all them since 2011? ROFLMAO

Wrong thread

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I must have missed the series where the Cavs played some great team at full strength

The way the playoffs played out this year (meaning the key injuries you spoke of), yeah CLE could probably still win the east w/o Lebron, but I wouldn't say it would be a lock. You take away his scoring, rebounding, assists and defense it's a different team altogether.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, if Jordan had jumped around from team to team, he probably would have won FEWER titles.

That is right. But before you facepalm me, here is why:

If free agency rules were the same for MJ as they were for LeBron, MJ would have been under team control his first 7 seasons. The Bulls won their first title in Jordan's 7th year. In their words, he would not have been able to leave until the Bulls were a championship team.

After year 7, he won a ring every full season he played until his masquerade with the Wizards. Assuming he would have won more means you are saying that he would not have retired. But, he did. He was already on a dominant team so no, he would not hve won more rings by team jumping. Best case he wins the same number, but more likely than not he doesn't get as many.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole thread has been condemned, please proceed carefully to The LeBron thread to continue your pointless circle jerk

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with threads like these is that FA rules were drastically different back then. Players really couldn't change teams via free agency like you see now. It wasn't a viable option. Also, Jordan already played for his own "super team", so there was no reason for him to leave.

Those who want to criticize current superstars for not being willing to go through a rebuilding process when they change teams are being unrealistic. Players have a relatively short window or prime dominance. We are talking 1 major contract after first becoming an unrestricted FA. Why would any elite player waste it on a roster not ready to contend?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This Dude is the complete antithesis of another poster @WiggyRuss .

Nobody on this board causes more folks to root against the Cavs.

By, this Dude?

I find myself rooting for LeBron to dominate just so I can see the absolute fuckery @DorianRo is gonna post in response.

:scratch:

Maybe that was his plan from the beginning?

* rereads op*

Naaaaaaaaaa, he's not savvy enough to pull that shit off...lol

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's kind of the thing LeBron never had to deal with. Without a super team you go to the bench and the other team goes on run. We saw it countless times with him on bench in Miami and wade would have huge scoring runs or now it's Irving. Often they might have been down 5 points LeBron goes to bench comes back with a 12 point lead. It's why I argue his mvps. How valuable are you if your team plays just fine with you on bench. 2 all star teams aren't going to lose a lot of games should 3rd all star miss time.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with threads like these is that FA rules were drastically different back then. Players really couldn't change teams via free agency like you see now. It wasn't a viable option. Also, Jordan already played for his own "super team", so there was no reason for him to leave.

Those who want to criticize current superstars for not being willing to go through a rebuilding process when they change teams are being unrealistic. Players have a relatively short window or prime dominance. We are talking 1 major contract after first becoming an unrestricted FA. Why would any elite player waste it on a roster not ready to contend?
First off, I'm kind of not one of the guys that criticize players for jumping, but when we start comparing to an era that seen the mega stars stay with their teams through thick and thin(for the most part), it can get kind of tricky. As for Jordan, he was never on a super team, people just tend to remember those teams as so. The first 3 years it was Jordan, a rising star in Pippen, and a solid contributor in Horace Grant.

The only other players worth anything were Paxson and Armstrong, whom averaged single digit points per game. In the second three peat Pippen was far beyond just an all-star, but all the other players were role players that did their niche well. Rodman was good for rebounding, Kerr was good for spot ups, and Kukoc was solid as a 6th man.

NOW, if we want to go down the road of if Jordan would of jumped to a superteam, the "best" chance would of been after the 3 peat, because I'm one to believe that he only retired because Krause pushed Phil, and Jordan out. TOTAL hypothetical, but let's say he stays, and jumps to the Spurs, or Blazers. I think he gets atleast 1 or 2 more chips, but pending on how long he stayed, I also think that he would of finally lost a Finals at some point

EDIT- He would of stayed undefeated in the Finals, but probably would lost in the WEST, pending on how long he stayed

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theres no doubt he would have rivaled Russell's ring counts and surpassed it most likely.. Yet he wouldn't have been held in the GOAT regard as it is today.

Theres a reason hardly ANYONE considers Russell GOAT despite his ring count. Weaker, lesser competitive era like now the level of talent distribution being lame today.

Theres a right way and wrong way to do things.. And that WEAK way. Like we have seen from Lebron over the past 7 years and KD doing now

As Jordan said, He would have never dreamed of Joining forces with Larry Legend and Magic.

:wank: