• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What if PJ Succeeds

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coherd talking about this today said he would be one of the most important figures in the NBA not to be a star player.

Personally I would consider B2B ECF or better a success. For a true success though he needs that Title. I am sure PJ feels that way as well.

PJ will attract FAs and it is doubtful he will be patient enough to develop talent, Melo probably stays and once again is saying he is willing to do what ever it takes. He has said this before but this time when I hear it from his voice I hear an eagerness I have not heard from him. I think he is excited to play for PJ, and he should be.

Side note: The future of the East is looking very bright and very interesting. Bird, Riley, PJ (and MJ) battling it out from the FO now, this is so cool to think about how long these 4 have done battle across the many platforms. It is their world, we are just watching it.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ultimately, this will end badly in a struggle over power/credit. It's how it always ends with Phil. However, there have always been championships before it ends, which helps.

The question will be whether or not Dolan can stay out of the way long enough to let Phil do his thing.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched Dolan say "Phil will be in charge of all basketball decisions."

He better stick to his fucking word. Just sign the paychecks and leave everyone alone.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched Dolan say "Phil will be in charge of all basketball decisions."

He better stick to his fucking word. Just sign the paychecks and leave everyone alone.

That's going to be the key. From what I've read, he has put others "in charge of all basketball decisions" before, only to renege. Hopefully, he's learned his lesson. It would be good to see the Knicks become relevant again.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I asked my buddy who had been a Knick fan his entire life about how it was a good day to be a Knick fan. He no longer roots for them citing Dolan dysfunction. His other team was the Lakers and before I could ask him about his thoughts on that family he mentioned he doesn't root for teams anymore, just the players now. Awesome.

Either way, I have faith in PJ. Maybe Dolan was not big enough to admit his prior GMs knew more about basketball than himself (which is pretty contradictory seeing as how he hired them) but maybe PJ is a big enough name.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phil says he's moving to NYC and Melo is in his future plans.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phil took his sweet time on that deal. I suspect there were many heart to hearts, and that amount of money for Phil seems crazy. You wont turn around that team overnight. They are depleted of assets and have one decent star. I still wonder if he gets someone like LBJ. Phil will use his zen on the vets for sure.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melo sounded eager to play for the first time since I can ever remember. You can say stuff but the tone of the voice made me not believe him.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phil took his sweet time on that deal. I suspect there were many heart to hearts, and that amount of money for Phil seems crazy. You wont turn around that team overnight. They are depleted of assets and have one decent star. I still wonder if he gets someone like LBJ. Phil will use his zen on the vets for sure.

Could you imagine? My gut is telling me that the Heat will be broken up after this year and although I doubt LBJ will want to leave for a rebuilding situation could you imagine him leaving for a rival of Rileys?

I still do not think that Riley would hold out on a sign and trade but that would be an instance imo.

If PJ can bring in enough talent before LBJ makes a summer decision things could get interesting. Everybody loves playing in the Garden, LBJ is no exception.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knicks will be contending for a title in 3 years tops. PJ has leadership skills very few people have. Lets be serious. Who is not going to want to play for the guy responsible for Jordan, Pippen, Shaq, and Kobes success?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melo sounded eager to play for the first time since I can ever remember. You can say stuff but the tone of the voice made me not believe him.

Melo now has an excuse to not walk away from the 30M that he was never going to walk away from in the 1st place (and I don't blame him one bit).

Last edited by a moderator:

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are all talking like he is back on the bench. He's not going to be coaching the team as President. You seem to forget he was a consultant with the Pistons on their new coaching hire this round so Joe wouldn't f- it up again: Cheeks was gone mid-season--worse than Joe's decisions.

I'm not saying he is going to fail, but just like being a great player doesn't make you a great coach, being a great coach doesn't make you a great exec. I'm not banking on the Knicks just because Phil is there.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I think he is about 1 year too late. The ship has sailed on this Knicks squad

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are all talking like he is back on the bench. He's not going to be coaching the team as President. You seem to forget he was a consultant with the Pistons on their new coaching hire this round so Joe wouldn't f- it up again: Cheeks was gone mid-season--worse than Joe's decisions.

I'm not saying he is going to fail, but just like being a great player doesn't make you a great coach, being a great coach doesn't make you a great exec. I'm not banking on the Knicks just because Phil is there.

Most of the NBA is elite players and team strength. If you find the right pieces that fit well together (Kobe and Shaq...on the court) then the team strength comes more natural than if you find elite players that you need to find ways to get them to mesh (MJ and the Bulls, the Heat, and this current Knicks squad are probably unmeshable).

PJ has done it both and if Dolan really fucks off you have to trust PJ will at least get the players that will be easy to get to mesh well together. He could even be the coach's mentor like Riley was/is in MIA.

Honestly, I think he is about 1 year too late. The ship has sailed on this Knicks squad

Probably, but Melo is something you could build around and Amare being 1 year closer to being off the books is a good thing.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO I see you are talking about Phil Jackson. I suck at initials. Previously someone used "PG" to talk about Paul George and I thought he was talking about a point guard.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO I see you are talking about Phil Jackson. I suck at initials. Previously someone used "PG" to talk about Paul George and I thought he was talking about a point guard.

LOL sorry, Lazy and I thought PJ was a commonly accepted for Jackson?

as for PG yea, I was lazy with that too but due to the 1 pos I will no longer use that, baby killer has a nicer ring to it anyways :D

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

hahaha it is a stretch but if he has this enthusiasm to learn from PJ I really think he could finally turn the corner.

Maybe not around as much as he could be a piece.