• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What ever happened to West Virginia?

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again aTm won by 5 and if McCarron doesn't throw an interception in the end zone Alabama wins which means no Heisman for JF and no Cotton Bowl.

I understand the need to rewrite history from the perspective of the Big 12 fans but seriously you guys need to settle down a little bit. Texas A&M has a lot of hype but break down the numbers they really haven't done that much in the West and haven't come close to sniffing the SEC CG.

And if aTm scored 100 more than bama they wouldve won by 100.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the thing about the SEC. Yes they are really good at the top. But it's not hard to dominate when you play Kentuck, Vandy, Miss St., Tenn., Arkansas, Ole Miss, and this year Florida.
Last I checked Ole Miss beat Texas by 21 and they were in the Big 12 Championship hunt up until the last game. I am also sure that Miss State beat Ole Miss so our bottom (at least in the West right now) is pretty damn good.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big XII is what happened to WV and Tcu.
-
I dont believe that. Last yr I believe it, but not this yr. TCU has had major program issues since they came in. Pachall's issues has had a major effect. They lost 5 starters or something from the drug scandal. Nice to say its the Big 12, but there are much bigger issues.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last I checked Ole Miss beat Texas by 21 and they were in the Big 12 Championship hunt up until the last game. I am also sure that Miss State beat Ole Miss so our bottom (at least in the West right now) is pretty damn good.
-
this is just weak. Texas destroyed them the yr before and it wasnt a Big 12 is better thing. Ole Miss beat Texas a week after firing the DC and losing the starting QB. Not sure they would beat Ole Miss today, but Texas was a hot mess at that time.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I don't think anyone in the B12 was beating their chest about what a great year 2013 was going to be for the conference back in August. Everyone save maybe Texas was rebuilding/loading and Texas was the favorite with so many coming back. I think even the most diehard Longhorn and Sooner fans will tell you that both programs are not close to where they should be right now and they are the cornerstones. I think both are on their way though, I believe Texas already has enough talent on the roster and will make a home run hire and IMO OU is a QB away from being really good again too so.. Well see.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat White lost eligibility.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if aTm scored 100 more than bama they wouldve won by 100.
Then the comments about them man handling Bama would be correct but since they didn't they are not.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
this is just weak. Texas destroyed them the yr before and it wasnt a Big 12 is better thing. Ole Miss beat Texas a week after firing the DC and losing the starting QB. Not sure they would beat Ole Miss today, but Texas was a hot mess at that time.
No doubt but Ole Miss doesn't need to be labeled an easy win and their accomplishments dismissed either. They have earned some respect I would hope the last couple of years.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I don't think anyone in the B12 was beating their chest about what a great year 2013 was going to be for the conference back in August. Everyone save maybe Texas was rebuilding/loading and Texas was the favorite with so many coming back. I think even the most diehard Longhorn and Sooner fans will tell you that both programs are not close to where they should be right now and they are the cornerstones. I think both are on their way though, I believe Texas already has enough talent on the roster and will make a home run hire and IMO OU is a QB away from being really good again too so.. Well see.
I honestly do not think you are giving Baylor and OSU enough credit with this post the Big 12 is not defined by Texas and OU alone nor is the SEC defined by Bama. Baylor and OSU should have a say in wins the conference for a few years to come.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly do not think you are giving Baylor and OSU enough credit with this post the Big 12 is not defined by Texas and OU alone nor is the SEC defined by Bama. Baylor and OSU should have a say in wins the conference for a few years to come.

Fine programs both, but ANY conference is better when the traditional big dawgs are at full strength. It makes ALL the other programs better imo, or at least try harder :lol: there is so much human element in determining a champion and therefore clout for a conference that the traditional powerhouses have to be right. Not saying its the way things should be, just saying that's how it is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
Neither OSU or Baylor are elite teams. They are very good teams, but I dont think elite. I am happy to tell you when the Big 12 is quality, but I can admit when the Big 12 is down. 2013 was a down yr for the Big 12. OSU has been good, but last time they won the title they had an elite WR and 1st round QB. Baylor is starting probably the worst QB of their last 3. WR is very weak compared to the last few yrs. Defense has improved, but it has just risen to the level of respectable. Neither team has the overall talent to compete at the highest levels.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
Neither OSU or Baylor are elite teams. They are very good teams, but I dont think elite. I am happy to tell you when the Big 12 is quality, but I can admit when the Big 12 is down. 2013 was a down yr for the Big 12. OSU has been good, but last time they won the title they had an elite WR and 1st round QB. Baylor is starting probably the worst QB of their last 3. WR is very weak compared to the last few yrs. Defense has improved, but it has just risen to the level of respectable. Neither team has the overall talent to compete at the highest levels.
I don't think many would consider Auburn and "elite" team either but we are playing for 2nd national championship game in 4 years.

"Elite" is an over used term that is rarely relevant.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think many would consider Auburn and "elite" team either but we are playing for 2nd national championship game in 4 years.

"Elite" is an over used term that is rarely relevant.
-
I think Auburn has some elite talent. The difference between OSU and Baylor and the top teams is talent. They are well coached and can beat more talented teams that are less detail oriented, but they are still a few classes away from matching talent. Not a slam on those schools, because they have come a long way. They just still have some wood to chop.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, nothing wrong with Auburns talent but to play devils advocate I think Auburn prob caught a break with A&M having a terrible defense this year and I KNOW they did against UGA. I don't want to take anything away from Auburns magical season but there is a pretty good argument that they had to have a lot of luck to go with that talent. Nothing wrong with that, it happens, but it aint elite either..

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team sec butthurtness to follow...... :pop2:
Of the three things said, 1 dealt with the SEC, the 2 others are Big East and Big10 issues. But, you just can't get the SEC out of your mind ... love it.

As for butthurtness, the only one with a hurt butt are OU fans who got bent over and ass raped by TAMU, the team you claim shows the BigXII is better than the SEC. Just don't see how that works in your favor in this discussion.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we're an average team at 8-4. 8-4 is considered excellence at MIZZOU, but not in Austin, so I know we're nowhere near being great. I don't need to worry about the direction of our program b/c I don't make the decisions at Texas, dumbfuck, but I'm sure once the new coach is hired, we'll get back to being a BCS title contender and MIZZOU will still be fucking MIZZOU. Looking forward to Okie jr throat fucking MIZZOU.....FYI, you're the asshole who decided to run his mouth first with your smartass remark. Don't be a fucking pussy when you get some rebuttle thrown back in your face....
Typical Texas blinded reasoning. In the past 30 years, you averaged 3.6 losses per season. In 16 seasons, over half, you had 4 or more losses. In 6 other seasons you had 3 losses. Truthfully, if you take the 9 year period of 2001 - 2009 out (just for discussion sake ... no doubt UT had a great run there), you guys have been way worse than a 4 loss team for the better part, 2 to 1, of the past 3 decades. Again, you had a great run, no doubt. But don't act like you guys have always been so awesome. The numbers don't bear it out. And, don't act like it is some type of entitlement ... with a new coach, rising programs at Baylor and TAMU, there is no guarantee you will soon be back. Just ask Gator fans who were all saying they "don't rebuild, we reload," to see how that worked out for them.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
this is just weak. Texas destroyed them the yr before and it wasnt a Big 12 is better thing.
You have a short memory ... that's all we heard when you guys beat Ole Miss ... that is showed the BigXII was better than the SEC ... go check the posts. Maybe you didn't say that, but others sure did.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a short memory ... that's all we heard when you guys beat Ole Miss ... that is showed the BigXII was better than the SEC ... go check the posts. Maybe you didn't say that, but others sure did.
I do not go there. Heard a lot of A&M vs OU. Comparing a conference by using one or 2 games is jus tignorant

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, nothing wrong with Auburns talent but to play devils advocate I think Auburn prob caught a break with A&M having a terrible defense this year and I KNOW they did against UGA. I don't want to take anything away from Auburns magical season but there is a pretty good argument that they had to have a lot of luck to go with that talent. Nothing wrong with that, it happens, but it aint elite either..
-
Everyone needs a bit of luck. I do not think Auburn will win. System screws them. Auburn is a brutal match up with 1 week preparation. Malzahn is basically running 1970s offense out of the spread. Wing T meets wishbone. They are one dimensional. Marshall threw 25 ints in JUCO last yr. He is a great athlete, he is not a QB. I think the 4-5 weeks to prepare is going to hurt Auburn.That is a long time to work on assignment football.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical Texas blinded reasoning. In the past 30 years, you averaged 3.6 losses per season. In 16 seasons, over half, you had 4 or more losses. In 6 other seasons you had 3 losses. Truthfully, if you take the 9 year period of 2001 - 2009 out (just for discussion sake ... no doubt UT had a great run there), you guys have been way worse than a 4 loss team for the better part, 2 to 1, of the past 3 decades. Again, you had a great run, no doubt. But don't act like you guys have always been so awesome. The numbers don't bear it out. And, don't act like it is some type of entitlement ... with a new coach, rising programs at Baylor and TAMU, there is no guarantee you will soon be back. Just ask Gator fans who were all saying they "don't rebuild, we reload," to see how that worked out for them.

Yes. If you take out Mack's, Akers' best, and DKR's best seasons and focus on McWilliams and Mackovic's tenure Texas is quite ordinary. Thanks for tip.