• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What are your statisical expectations for starters this year?

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson - I hate seeing him at the top of the line up and consuming $9 million in payroll. If he could get back to the productivity he had in 2012, that would be awesome. But he won't. We all know he won't. 75 runs, 5 homers, 40 RBI, .255 BA

Ackley - more of the same. Long periods of non-productivity sandwiched between brief periods of dominance. 65 runs, 15 homeruns, 60 RBI, .255.

Cano - with a lack of an upgrade in the first two spots in the nlineup, I doubt if we will see a return of the power Cano flashed in his Yankee years. But I think he will improve overall because he will be more settled in and he will have a true power hitter batting behind him. 90 runs, 18 homers, 90 RBI, .320

Cruz - I read a report on fangraphs that said that 38 of his 40 homeruns last would have also cleared the wall in Safeco. He has Safeco power. The wall distance won't be his problem, but the atmospheric conditions might be. 75 runs, 28 homeruns, 90 RBI. .265 BA

Seagar - Kyle is getting the big bucks now so he needs to stop his annual August and September disappearing act. He should benefit from having Cruz hitting in front of him. 27 homers, 90 RBI, .275 BA

Miller - I'm still a sucker for Miller and I see him moving up to the 6th spot, and possibly the 2nd spot, in the batting order at some point in the season. 70 runs, 20 homers, 65 RBI, .260 BA

Smith - he's been pretty consistent throughout his career. 8 homers, 50 RBI, .280 BA.

Zunino - He had a serious bat in college and very little time to develop in the minors. His offense is going to improve and his power will eventually be elite among MLB catchers. 30 homers, 70 RBI, .230 BA

Morrison - First base continues to suck on this team. Morrison is alot like Ackley. Short burst of dominance following by long droughts of offense. 12 homers, 45 RBI, .240 BA

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CHAMPIONSHIP GOD DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!

They will be in then final round of the Worldd Series with a 4-3 in the bottom of the 9th inning of the 7th game against the Padres. Runners on second and third. No balls and 2 strikes on Wil Myers. Rodney throws a perfect changeup that drops off a cliff. Myers desperately lunges for the pitch and hits a weak grounder to Morrison. Morrison is too busy thinking about running to the pitcher's mound to see where Fernando's arrow will fly and doesn't get down low enough on the ground ball. It goes through his legs Buckner-style as the runners score from second and third with the tieing and winning runs.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson - I hate seeing him at the top of the line up and consuming $9 million in payroll. If he could get back to the productivity he had in 2012, that would be awesome. But he won't. We all know he won't. 75 runs, 5 homers, 40 RBI, .255 BA

Ackley - more of the same. Long periods of non-productivity sandwiched between brief periods of dominance. 65 runs, 15 homeruns, 60 RBI, .255.

Cano - with a lack of an upgrade in the first two spots in the nlineup, I doubt if we will see a return of the power Cano flashed in his Yankee years. But I think he will improve overall because he will be more settled in and he will have a true power hitter batting behind him. 90 runs, 18 homers, 90 RBI, .320

Cruz - I read a report on fangraphs that said that 38 of his 40 homeruns last would have also cleared the wall in Safeco. He has Safeco power. The wall distance won't be his problem, but the atmospheric conditions might be. 75 runs, 28 homeruns, 90 RBI. .265 BA

Seagar - Kyle is getting the big bucks now so he needs to stop his annual August and September disappearing act. He should benefit from having Cruz hitting in front of him. 27 homers, 90 RBI, .275 BA

Miller - I'm still a sucker for Miller and I see him moving up to the 6th spot, and possibly the 2nd spot, in the batting order at some point in the season. 70 runs, 20 homers, 65 RBI, .260 BA

Smith - he's been pretty consistent throughout his career. 8 homers, 50 RBI, .280 BA.

Zunino - He had a serious bat in college and very little time to develop in the minors. His offense is going to improve and his power will eventually be elite among MLB catchers. 30 homers, 70 RBI, .230 BA

Morrison - First base continues to suck on this team. Morrison is alot like Ackley. Short burst of dominance following by long droughts of offense. 12 homers, 45 RBI, .240 BA

I have a feeling Smith grabs the two hole and Ackley gets pushed to 7 or 8 with Miller manning the Crazy legs 9 spot. Maybe not, but Smith has a career .349 OBP and that is higher than anyone not named Cano. Not sure how he does in the GIDP category. I like the projections overall. I might even push Cano to 20 plus HRs with Cruz behind him.

I can't wait to see Guti back in action and what Montero can do. Those are two huge wildcards that could end up affecting this season if they somehow pan out. I am not expecting them to, but its something to keep an eye on in the minors while checking Peterson and a few others.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will be in then final round of the Worldd Series with a 4-3 in the bottom of the 9th inning of the 7th game against the Padres. Runners on second and third. No balls and 2 strikes on Wil Myers. Rodney throws a perfect changeup that drops off a cliff. Myers desperately lunges for the pitch and hits a weak grounder to Morrison. Morrison is too busy thinking about running to the pitcher's mound to see where Fernando's arrow will fly and doesn't get down low enough on the ground ball. It goes through his legs Buckner-style as the runners score from second and third with the tieing and winning runs.

I think you have it all wrong. It's game 7 of the 2015 WS (M's vs Cardinals), bottom of the 9th with a man on 2nd & 3rd down one with two outs. Robinson Cano coming to the plate with Cruz on deck. Wait a minute, Howard Johnson makes the call to pinch hit Chris Taylor in his place and Lloyd agrees enough to not overturn his decision. First pitch lined to the second baseman, and there you have it.....2015 World Champion San Diego Padres.

..................Wait a minute.............that was the Mariners version of the Seahawks season ender, whew!

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling Smith grabs the two hole and Ackley gets pushed to 7 or 8 with Miller manning the Crazy legs 9 spot. Maybe not, but Smith has a career .349 OBP and that is higher than anyone not named Cano. Not sure how he does in the GIDP category. I like the projections overall. I might even push Cano to 20 plus HRs with Cruz behind him.

I can't wait to see Guti back in action and what Montero can do. Those are two huge wildcards that could end up affecting this season if they somehow pan out. I am not expecting them to, but its something to keep an eye on in the minors while checking Peterson and a few others.

over/under on how many games before Guti is injured. I seriously despise this dude.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
over/under on how many games before Guti is injured. I seriously despise this dude.

If he has found the answer to his IBS issues, I don't see why he couldn't get a full season in. His first two years with us were full years, then I think an injury, and then the IBS stuff.

To me, he is just a side show, but one with gold glove potential.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he has found the answer to his IBS issues, I don't see why he couldn't get a full season in. His first two years with us were full years, then I think an injury, and then the IBS stuff.

To me, he is just a side show, but one with gold glove potential.

you're right, if healthy he is a wildcard and a potential gold glover, but I have zero faith he'll stay healthy.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You despise a guy whose body keeps betraying him? I could understand if the guy was healthy all the time and just dogging it on the field, or if he was a jackass to the fans for no reason. It would even be understandable to hate the guy if he was getting hurt because he couldn't control his temper and was throwing/kicking/punching things, but to despise him for things he has no control over is more than a little irrational. His time here has certainly been a disappointment because I think we were all hoping for Mike Cameron 2.0, but how anyone can despise him for getting sick and getting hurt in freakish ways is beyond me.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You despise a guy whose body keeps betraying him? I could understand if the guy was healthy all the time and just dogging it on the field, or if he was a jackass to the fans for no reason. It would even be understandable to hate the guy if he was getting hurt because he couldn't control his temper and was throwing/kicking/punching things, but to despise him for things he has no control over is more than a little irrational. His time here has certainly been a disappointment because I think we were all hoping for Mike Cameron 2.0, but how anyone can despise him for getting sick and getting hurt in freakish ways is beyond me.

I'm not known for being very rational

Listen, I don't despise him as a human being, of course not. But, I've had it with him on the Mariners.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i thought guti might be a malingerer, actually.

i'd like to think that z wouldn't give a malingerer another chance, but the outfield situation is so abysmal, i just don't know.

anyway, if it was all legit by Guti, i'm assuming it wasn't just IBS. probably more like IBD, which is much worse, and can be truly debilitating. no matter what, it's low risk high reward, so i'm happy.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.... I bet some of you guys are real fun at parties......

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.... I bet some of you guys are real fun at parties......

We need some good ol' fashioned Pete Carroll optimism and positive messaging in here!

(without being labeled a typical Mariners fan the front office loves)

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i haven't been this optimistic in over a decade, for the record.

the outfield has been one of the biggest jokes in MLB for so long, i'm just used to it now. if guti tears it up in spring, becomes a starter in the first month or two of the regular season, and manages to play for more than a couple of months without crippling medical issues surfacing, then GREAT! if the platoon situation in RF works out, then GREAT!

it's a big concern, and it's not pessimistic to say it.

no idea of montero's skills at 1B, but if he's not MLB ready there, then he would need to show something pretty special to spend a whole lot of time at DH since Cruz is also right-handed.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of Guti's alure in the past was his potential. Whenver he was healthy which wasnt much he seemed to produce in the field and at the plate. Now that he is older and having gone through health issues not sure that potential exists.
However given our OF situation there isnt a reason not to give him a shot. Maybe he looks decent in the spring and you can stick him in Tacoma and at the point you can bring him up if Ackley, A Jax or the platoon dont work out. Sadly it wouldnt shock me if any of those three didnt work out.

It would be nice if Montero could be an option at 1B. I think expecting Lomo for 130 games or so isnt realistic and there is no real back up plan to him.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw this, pretty cool! Been awhile since respect like this has been public knowledge. Yet, the whining continues on these boards. Less whining, more winning, Go M's!