• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What a load this has become

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad thing is, it will probably all mean nothing. NFLPA gave Goodell the power to do what he wants. Henderson doesn't have to reduce the suspension and Elliott won't win in court because of Article 46 which gives the NFL the right to punish players however they see fit. A player can be suspended for drinking Diet Coke and nobody can do anything about it. That's how much power the NFLPA gave Goodell. If Henderson reduces the suspension, no matter what it is, Zeke should just take the deal because they won't win in court.
If you are truly innocent, why take any deal??? If he does, he willed be labled a woman beater forever. You fight this!!!

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad thing is, it will probably all mean nothing. NFLPA gave Goodell the power to do what he wants. Henderson doesn't have to reduce the suspension and Elliott won't win in court because of Article 46 which gives the NFL the right to punish players however they see fit. A player can be suspended for drinking Diet Coke and nobody can do anything about it. That's how much power the NFLPA gave Goodell. If Henderson reduces the suspension, no matter what it is, Zeke should just take the deal because they won't win in court.
If they reduce it to one game, he can still take it to court. The that happens is the court upholds the 1 game suspension. Of course thats on the premise rhe NFL has no more info than the Columbus Police do.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's reduced to 2 games he's gotta just take it. Then Put out a statement hitting on all these topics and move on. Say something about "not being a distraction to the team" and "no guarantee the truth comes out when the NFL doesn't need to look at all of the evidence" and "just want to put this behind me an play football and I learned a lesson to be careful who I associate with going forward" and of course "I will still take steps to clear my name from these unproven and untrue allegations" and lastly...GO COWBOYS

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's reduced to 2 games he's gotta just take it. Then Put out a statement hitting on all these topics and move on. Say something about "not being a distraction to the team" and "no guarantee the truth comes out when the NFL doesn't need to look at all of the evidence" and "just want to put this behind me an play football and I learned a lesson to be careful who I associate with going forward" and of course "I will still take steps to clear my name from these unproven and untrue allegations" and lastly...GO COWBOYS
If you were innocent, would you take it??? I sure would not.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If it's dropped to two games, how about, he sue the league, putting his suspension on hold, play week one vs the Giants, drop the suit, with your comments, then sit for the Denver and Arizona games.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's dropped to two games, how about, he sue the league, putting his suspension on hold, play week one vs the Giants, drop the suit, with your comments, then sit for the Denver and Arizona games.
Should have added that. Absolutely would I try to get him playing week 2 and then sitting. I think the timing of the ruling alone should allow for that.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it me being a homer, or does Zekes case get stronger with every new bit of evidence in this case.
yes and yes

Hollywood could not make this shit up

unless their is a Film in the closet that shows Elliot beating the shit out of Thompson the NFL is so FUBARed
on this they make Nixon look innocent in Watergate and John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, Roy Rodgers and Caption Kangroo all villains in Hollywood.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully they win by 3 TDs. But I know it will never be that easy.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our Mike Fisher with an exclusive report live from outside the Ezekiel Elliott courtroom in Sherman, Texas:

Ezekiel Elliott will be eligible to play for the Dallas Cowboys in Week 1 against the New York Giants, according to the NFL’s Tuesday night courtroom answer to a question from Federal Judge Amos Mazzant, sources tell CowboysHQ.com.

At we write this, there is still no definitive ruling from the Sherman, Texas judge regarding the motion filed by the NFLPA for a temporary restraining order to be imposed against the NFL's six-game suspension of the star running back, who stands accused by the NFL of domestic violence meriting a six-game suspension.

Sources tell me the NFL lawyers were “hesitant to respond’’ to the question, but their answer is clear and on the court record: Elliott’s fate for Week 1 will not be impacted by however arbiter Harold Henderson eventually rules regarding the player’s appeal of the six-game punishment … and the first game Elliott could miss will be Week 2 at Denver.

Both sides continue to play legal chess with one another. But as we wrote in preparation for this court date, while commissioner Roger Goodell and his investigators seem guilty of sloppiness, a real courtroom can be a sharp and pointed place.

And the NFL just got pinned down in regard to Elliott’s Week 1 availability.

The bolded part stood out to me. I think the NFL would have started the suspension immediately if they weren't pressed for an answer.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it me being a homer, or does Zekes case get stronger with every new bit of evidence in this case.
Goodell took the advice of linda friel over the lead investigator in the case. As we all know Friel is a diehard giants fan. This smells of conspiracy. Honestly the damage has been done. I find it interesting that elliot is playing week 1 against the giants. This look's planned out by the NFL to use later on in court to fight the conspiracy allegations involving friel/giants. I smell maras stench all over. In closing: Goodell can go to hell

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see this happening in time to suspend him for this week:

NFL won’t rule out Ezekiel Elliott suspension beginning Monday night

Posted by Michael David Smith on September 22, 2017, 11:23 AM EDT
845453236-e1506093826135.jpg

Getty Images

If an appeals court rules the NFL’s way, Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott could begin a six-game suspension as early as Monday night’s game against the Cardinals.

Despite previous talk that the league wouldn’t suspend a player later in the week than Tuesday because teams need time to game plan, NFL spokesman Joe Lockhart said today that he wouldn’t rule out the league beginning Elliott’s suspension immediately, if an appeals court allows the league to do so.

The NFL is currently waiting on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit to rule on its motion to stay the injunction that blocks Elliott’s six-game suspension. If that ruling were to come down today, that would mean Elliott could find out today that he’s suspended for Week Three. Theoretically, a ruling could even be handed down Monday afternoon, and the NFL could suspend Elliott for that night’s game.

The NFL hasn’t specifically stated that Elliott will be suspended immediately if it wins the stay of Elliott’s injunction, just that the league reserves the right to do so. Which means the Cowboys and Elliott will simply have to cross their fingers and hope the league doesn’t suspend Elliott immediately before a game.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see this happening in time to suspend him for this week:

NFL won’t rule out Ezekiel Elliott suspension beginning Monday night

Posted by Michael David Smith on September 22, 2017, 11:23 AM EDT
845453236-e1506093826135.jpg

Getty Images

If an appeals court rules the NFL’s way, Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott could begin a six-game suspension as early as Monday night’s game against the Cardinals.

Despite previous talk that the league wouldn’t suspend a player later in the week than Tuesday because teams need time to game plan, NFL spokesman Joe Lockhart said today that he wouldn’t rule out the league beginning Elliott’s suspension immediately, if an appeals court allows the league to do so.

The NFL is currently waiting on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit to rule on its motion to stay the injunction that blocks Elliott’s six-game suspension. If that ruling were to come down today, that would mean Elliott could find out today that he’s suspended for Week Three. Theoretically, a ruling could even be handed down Monday afternoon, and the NFL could suspend Elliott for that night’s game.

The NFL hasn’t specifically stated that Elliott will be suspended immediately if it wins the stay of Elliott’s injunction, just that the league reserves the right to do so. Which means the Cowboys and Elliott will simply have to cross their fingers and hope the league doesn’t suspend Elliott immediately before a game.
Oct. 2nd, so he gets to play the next two no matter what. That hearing will go his way IMO, and we will get another appeal from the NFL that will probably land after the season