• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What a load this has become

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott has received a report from the NFL on its findings from an investigation into a 2016 domestic violence accusation against him, and Elliott is preparing a response to the league, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Elliott's response is expected to be submitted sometime over the next week.

Multiple sources close to the situation told Schefter that Elliott could face a one- or two-game suspension, but the league has denied that any decision on discipline has been made, and could not be made until its investigation is complete.

"The NFL is looking to pin something on him," one source familiar with the investigation said.

It is one of the reasons that Elliott now is bracing for a short suspension even if the league insists no decisions have been made, sources said.

Last July, Elliott was questioned by Columbus, Ohio, police after a former girlfriend accused Elliott of assaulting her multiple times over the course of a week. The woman told police that, in one instance, Elliott assaulted her while they sat in a parked car.

The district attorney chose not to pursue charges against Elliott because of conflicting stories. Witnesses at the scene said they did not see an assault occur.

When the Cowboys' season ended in January, Elliott said he wanted "closure."

"I would rather it not drag on this long," Elliott said. "If there was something to find, which there's not, they would've found it by now. The police did a very thorough investigation. It just seems like they're dragging their feet right now. Who knows, man? I'm just ready for it to end."

According to the league's personal conduct policy, a player can be punished by the NFL even if he does not face legal punishment. A first-time violation of the policy carries a six-game suspension, but it also allows for a lesser penalty if mitigating factors are involved.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bunch of BS. If zeke played for a diferent team he would have been exonerated by the NFL months ago.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott has received a report from the NFL on its findings from an investigation into a 2016 domestic violence accusation against him, and Elliott is preparing a response to the league, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Elliott's response is expected to be submitted sometime over the next week.

Multiple sources close to the situation told Schefter that Elliott could face a one- or two-game suspension, but the league has denied that any decision on discipline has been made, and could not be made until its investigation is complete.

"The NFL is looking to pin something on him," one source familiar with the investigation said.

It is one of the reasons that Elliott now is bracing for a short suspension even if the league insists no decisions have been made, sources said.

Last July, Elliott was questioned by Columbus, Ohio, police after a former girlfriend accused Elliott of assaulting her multiple times over the course of a week. The woman told police that, in one instance, Elliott assaulted her while they sat in a parked car.

The district attorney chose not to pursue charges against Elliott because of conflicting stories. Witnesses at the scene said they did not see an assault occur.

When the Cowboys' season ended in January, Elliott said he wanted "closure."

"I would rather it not drag on this long," Elliott said. "If there was something to find, which there's not, they would've found it by now. The police did a very thorough investigation. It just seems like they're dragging their feet right now. Who knows, man? I'm just ready for it to end."

According to the league's personal conduct policy, a player can be punished by the NFL even if he does not face legal punishment. A first-time violation of the policy carries a six-game suspension, but it also allows for a lesser penalty if mitigating factors are involved.
This is a bunch of BS.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just more proof that Roger is an over paid cocksucker

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this kind of Bullshit and players wanting a bigger slice of the $$ pie will lead to the next strike in the NFL and the end of Football as we know it

Goodell cant have Dictatorship type powers over the players with no avenue of relief other than through his office.
If the Owners are smart they will amend this power before the NFL turns into MLB or Basketball where only a few teams have a chance of winning the championship.

Billionaires should be smart enough to see this lets see if they are smart enough to act on it.
Nowhere else in American society is this BS even thought about being accepted

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless the NFL knows much more than the rest of us Zeke should sue Roger, and the NFL, if suspended. Sue him for his job.
With Brady Roger over penalized but at least there was known evidence. In this case all publicly known evidence supports Zeke.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If info about the girl threatening to hit Zeke financially is true and Roger suspends Zeke, he gives a whole lot of ammo to women out there.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If info about the girl threatening to hit Zeke financially is true and Roger suspends Zeke, he gives a whole lot of ammo to women out there.
Sure does if true. We will see a lot of these type cases. Let the justice system do their job.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was Zeke even in the NFL when this allegedly happened? If not how do you suspend someone not in the NFL?
Would this mean Mixon gets suspended for what he did years ago?

the screwy thing is the police dismissed the charges & now the NFL is thinking of suspending a player because of an accusation? Then if he was guilty, then why not be a legit suspension under the rules, instead of a "small" one. (2 games)
Sounds like politics to me.

got this from an article

“the League is punishing one of its players for him having been suggested of could’ve-maybe-perhaps committing a crime”

Imagine if all players got suspended under this pretense.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeke has another charge in a night club call clutch. He allegedly hit a guy. Im starting to think this dude aint worth it.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's likely gonna miss time. Love the talent starting to hate the guy. He's hurting the team now.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He allegedly hit a bouncer

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if he didn't at this point he clearly lacks self awareness. I hate the he's young excuse too. We all were immature at some point in time,but how many of us routinely did dumb crap like this. He's young and rich playing for the most recognizable franchise in sports. He'd better wake up

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge fan of his talent on the field,but the kid really needs to find something better to do off of it. Bars are trouble waiting to happen. I know from personal experience as I can't seem to go to a bar without having to fight my way out it. If the trouble does not happen to me in the bar it happens as I drive home. I now avoid bars

Zeke better learn fast or he will lose millions

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Jerrah's boys aren't going to let dumb Texans rookies like D'Onta Foreman get all the headlines!