• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What a load this has become

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the blackmail angle, its dropping. I'm guessing at least 4 games minimum get knocked off.

Hope you are right. I just can't get that banishment word out of my head. That is just a dooming word.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the blackmail angle, its dropping. I'm guessing at least 4 games minimum get knocked off.
I hope so, but they knew about the blackmail angle when they imposed the penalty so I would be very surprised if more than 4 games get knocked off. I am hoping for a reduction of one or two and would guess max reduction would be 4. But maybe something new comes out between now and when the appeal is heard and the whole suspension gets tossed:noidea:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so, but they knew about the blackmail angle when they imposed the penalty so I would be very surprised if more than 4 games get knocked off. I am hoping for a reduction of one or two and would guess max reduction would be 4. But maybe something new comes out between now and when the appeal is heard and the whole suspension gets tossed:noidea:
I've said from the get-go DV is possible, but the girl has no credibility at all, and if all they have is her words and picures provided from her, there's no way he should be suspended at all, that was before I knew of the blackmail. I have no idea how the impartial panel came to this conclusion.
My best guess and I know I've said it on the NFL board is the NFL has screwed up every other DV case, so now they want to make it look like they are serious.
If the NFL gave him a game or two and said it was for all the negative issues Zeke was involed in I'd be fine, but the league already said other issues weren't considered. Think about it, 6 games off the words of a lying extortionist.
I'm at a loss.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said from the get-go DV is possible, but the girl has no credibility at all, and if all they have is her words and picures provided from her, there's no way he should be suspended at all, that was before I knew of the blackmail. I have no idea how the impartial panel came to this conclusion.
My best guess and I know I've said it on the NFL board is the NFL has screwed up every other DV case, so now they want to make it look like they are serious.
If the NFL gave him a game or two and said it was for all the negative issues Zeke was involed in I'd be fine, but the league already said other issues weren't considered. Think about it, 6 games off the words of a lying extortionist.
I'm at a loss.
Yes, all fair points, but my comment was strictly based on the reduction through appeal not the original suspension. All of what you bring up was 100% known when the suspension was handed down. So I can't see how any of it is going to lead to a huge decrease in his suspension. Something needs to come out that the hearing officer can state was not taken into account when the suspension was doled out if he is going to adjudicate it or significantly decrease it. Otherwise he probably just knocks off couple of games or perhaps upholds the original suspension. The rules of the NFL's powers here are strong and clear. DV = 6 games. So he needs something to hang his hat on to take a significant act. Perhaps when Zeke testifies he will give them some new info to really call everything into question even more so and allow them to reverse the decision. But IMO that will require something new to come out, not just the idea that it wasn't fair.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, all fair points, but my comment was strictly based on the reduction through appeal not the original suspension. All of what you bring up was 100% known when the suspension was handed down. So I can't see how any of it is going to lead to a huge decrease in his suspension. Something needs to come out that the hearing officer can state was not taken into account when the suspension was doled out if he is going to adjudicate it or significantly decrease it. Otherwise he probably just knocks off couple of games or perhaps upholds the original suspension. The rules of the NFL's powers here are strong and clear. DV = 6 games. So he needs something to hang his hat on to take a significant act. Perhaps when Zeke testifies he will give them some new info to really call everything into question even more so and allow them to reverse the decision. But IMO that will require something new to come out, not just the idea that it wasn't fair.
The public complaints about 6 games being too much is loud, and not just from Dallas fans, and that was before the blackmail came out. Hell even Dirt stopped talking about it on the NFL board, and he was ready to execute Zeke.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and that could be taken into account and lead to a reduction, but it's not going to eliminate the suspension. We need something else to come out or be proven wrong. An appeal doesn't look at every aspect of the case like the original investigation does

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm at a loss.

You are on point with this. This is a make up call. I don't know the amount of games that will be reduced, but I don't think the NFL will toss the whole suspension. They will try to save some face.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and that could be taken into account and lead to a reduction, but it's not going to eliminate the suspension. We need something else to come out or be proven wrong. An appeal doesn't look at every aspect of the case like the original investigation does
This is nothing more than a witch hunt targeting zeke and most likely the cowboys. The lead investigator into the allegations is a known die hard Giants fan. I would be shocked if this suspension is reduced by even one game. The fact that nobody seem's to care a biased person led the investigation is amazing

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also she recommended no suspension for Zeke. LOL @ NFL.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodell is the worst Commissioner in NFL history.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's put this in a box.

Goodell gathers his "Impartial" investigation team together to discuss possible punishment after a years investigation.
1 member (the LEAD Investigator) of that team is not present, because a Unbiased Giants fan had her banned.
That banned team member is going to suggest no punishment to Elliott.

How in hell does Roger let this Kangaroo Kourt carry on?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
images

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's put this in a box.

Goodell gathers his "Impartial" investigation team together to discuss possible punishment after a years investigation.
1 member (the LEAD Investigator) of that team is not present, because a Unbiased Giants fan had her banned.
That banned team member is going to suggest no punishment to Elliott.

How in hell does Roger let this Kangaroo Kourt carry on?
Sad thing is, it will probably all mean nothing. NFLPA gave Goodell the power to do what he wants. Henderson doesn't have to reduce the suspension and Elliott won't win in court because of Article 46 which gives the NFL the right to punish players however they see fit. A player can be suspended for drinking Diet Coke and nobody can do anything about it. That's how much power the NFLPA gave Goodell. If Henderson reduces the suspension, no matter what it is, Zeke should just take the deal because they won't win in court.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad thing is, it will probably all mean nothing. NFLPA gave Goodell the power to do what he wants. Henderson doesn't have to reduce the suspension and Elliott won't win in court because of Article 46 which gives the NFL the right to punish players however they see fit. A player can be suspended for drinking Diet Coke and nobody can do anything about it. That's how much power the NFLPA gave Goodell. If Henderson reduces the suspension, no matter what it is, Zeke should just take the deal because they won't win in court.

sadly you might be right about the suspension due to article 46 but If I am Elliot I go to court anyway to get all of the NFL's facts out in the public eye and at minimum show my side of the story. Having lost millions in past and future endorsement $$$
Then I am seriously looking at suing the NFL for Defamation of character Lost wages etc from endorsements and such. Or maybe He cant do that either.
Not having attended a prestigious Law school like SMU In Dallas or one of the snob law schools back east or even that fake online law school Novus University , I defer to those that might be actual attorney's.

JMHO