• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wentz Starting Week 1

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is the Browns didn't believe Wentz would be a top 20 QB, and hence traded down.

The bestest thing that happened to Wentz on Draft Day was the Browns not picking him. Seriously that organization just can't get outta their own way.:L

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bestest thing that happened to Wentz on Draft Day was the Browns not picking him. Seriously that organization just can't get outta their own way.:L

But, if Wentz does succeed in Philly, Browns fans are gonna be pissed cause once again the didn't take the pick.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, if Wentz does succeed in Philly, Browns fans are gonna be pissed cause once again the didn't take the pick.

I stopped getting pissed off @ that backwards & dysfunctional franchise years ago. It's simply less stressful to laugh @ those Clowns instead.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that the Browns didn't think Wentz could play is arguably the greatest evidence possible that he will become a starting NFL quarterback.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could you imagine if you went back the last 10 yrs in drafts and instead of the list of QB's that have taken a snap for the Browns list the QB's they could have had?

I'm almost positive Rodgers at least twice could have been had!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that the Browns didn't think Wentz could play is arguably the greatest evidence possible that he will become a starting NFL quarterback.

Browns are anticipating drafting Watson or Kaaya I imagine. Moving from RG3 to Watson next year would be a simple upgrade substitution, as they are both dual threat types (or at least RG3 was, remains to be seen what he can do this season).

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could you imagine if you went back the last 10 yrs in drafts and instead of the list of QB's that have taken a snap for the Browns list the QB's they could have had?

Can start with 99 when they came back

#1 overall Tim Couch. McNabb #2, Culpepper #11
2004 Passed on Big Ben in the 1st (Winslow JR) and took Luke McCown in the 4th
2005 passed on Rodgers in the 1st (Braylon) and took Charlie Frye in the 3rd
2007 Brady Quinn (not much left on the board, Kevin Kolb was next taken, and Quinn/Russell were definitely in their own class)
2010 Took Colt McCoy in the 3rd (not really any better options for them)
2012 Took Weeden... Still out there was Russell Wilson, Cousins, Foles, Tannehill (instead of Trent Richardson), Brock Osweiler may join that list soon
2014 Johnny Manziel over Bridgewater and Derek Carr

Seems tough for them. I honestly think that team should go all in and as long as it's not a year with no QB's out there, take a guy in the first round until you get one right. They haven't been bad in the draft, just horrible when it comes to QB's.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

actually once with 3rd pick they took braylon edwards No player taken by brownies in 05 is still in NFL:suds:

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No player taken by brownies in 05 is still in NFL:suds:

Luke McCown was 04. But that is 12 years.

04 draft has just 22 players still active (may end up being less if some FA's still retire)... 8 are QB/P/K's

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2007 Brady Quinn (not much left on the board, Kevin Kolb was next taken, and Quinn/Russell were definitely in their own class)
2012 Took Weeden... Still out there was Russell Wilson, Cousins, Foles, Tannehill (instead of Trent Richardson), Brock Osweiler may join that list soon

Seems tough for them. I honestly think that team should go all in and as long as it's not a year with no QB's out there, take a guy in the first round until you get one right. They haven't been bad in the draft, just horrible when it comes to QB's.

Oh they have been horrible beyond the QB's though. Allowing for last year and this year to not be in the mix let's go to 2014

Justin Gilbert--traded for a 6th round pick and been a huge bust so far
Barkevious Mingo--again traded
Trent Richardson--They thankfully got good value after he proved to be a terrible bust in this league but they still drafted him.
Phil Taylor--Couldn't stay healthy

Those are the 1st round picks other than QB's other than the past 2 years of draft picks. Not a great look since 2012.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh they have been horrible beyond the QB's though. Allowing for last year and this year to not be in the mix let's go to 2014

Justin Gilbert--traded for a 6th round pick and been a huge bust so far
Barkevious Mingo--again traded
Trent Richardson--They thankfully got good value after he proved to be a terrible bust in this league but they still drafted him.
Phil Taylor--Couldn't stay healthy

Those are the 1st round picks other than QB's other than the past 2 years of draft picks. Not a great look since 2012.

Some, they've drafted good skill position, fine offensive line, good DB's. Everyone has misses. Pats missed on every pick in 2000 except Brady. People have been calling Ozzie Newsome a top 5 GM for nearly a decade now. Outside of Joe Flacco can you call his drafts better than the Browns since then?

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some, they've drafted good skill position, fine offensive line, good DB's. Everyone has misses. Pats missed on every pick in 2000 except Brady. People have been calling Ozzie Newsome a top 5 GM for nearly a decade now. Outside of Joe Flacco can you call his drafts better than the Browns since then?
2012 ravens had 11 starters they got thru the draft 5 of them after flacco let me know when the browns win anything:suds:

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2012 ravens had 11 starters they got thru the draft 5 of them after flacco let me know when the browns win anything:suds:

Care to name them? That team was built around Suggs/Reed/Ngata/Rice/Flacco/Ray Lewis... I just don't want to hear a list of Marginal starters like Oher, Upshaw, Dickson, etc..

Because if you are trying to convince me guys like Ed Dickson is great... well sorry. No. We can see now what those draft picks are doing when those other guys left or had their abilities reduced and the new picks had to stand up and be key guys. When Cody had to step in for Ngata. When Elam had to step up after Ed Reed. When Kindle had to step in and provide youth for that LB corps. When Pierce stepped in for Rice.

No offense, but just because the Bronco's offensive line won the SB last year, doesn't mean I'd take them over Joe Thomas, Mack, Luavao, Schwartz and Greco.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saying if Cleveland hit on one QB, one Big Ben or Rodgers, I really think we'd be looking at that team in a different light. They'd be able to keep their FA's on the roster and entice others.. Get some stability in the FO and coaching staff...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Have a strong feeling that 2017 will get them their QB, whether it be Watson, Kaaya, or maybe Kizer?

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have a strong feeling that 2017 will get them their QB, whether it be Watson, Kaaya, or maybe Kizer?
you don't think Bob is the answer?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you don't think Bob is the answer?

Depends on what the question is. He's not the QB of the future for the Browns, and may not last the season IMO. He's damaged goods, Vince Young part 2.