• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wentz or Mayfield: who would you rather have?

who would you rather have?

• Wentz

Votes: 24 25.8%
  • Mayfield

Votes: 57 61.3%
  • Potato salad

Votes: 12 12.9%

• Total voters

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's fast forward to next offseason.

For augments sake Baker plays at to 5 to 10 level, he's looking at a new LTD, does he give Carolina a thankyou team friendly deal or move on?

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For augments sake Baker plays at to 5 to 10 level, he's looking at a new LTD, does he give Carolina a thankyou team friendly deal or move on?
The Von Miller approach is what i'd recommend. Say nice things to all the interested teams, tease them, and then grab the best offer.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First I don't think Mayfield plays that well.

But I'll play the game.

BM just gave that billionaire in Cleveland back $3.5M so he'll be looking to get paid.

You'd have to factor in what other teams and offers he may get. That could influence his decision. But no I don't see him giving them a hometown discount. He may stay in Carolina but they'll have to pay fair market price or higher.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How about this……Mayfield doesn’t play very well but better then the other QBs on the roster, do the Panthers resign him?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First I don't think Mayfield plays that well.

But I'll play the game.

BM just gave that billionaire in Cleveland back $3.5M so he'll be looking to get paid.

You'd have to factor in what other teams and offers he may get. That could influence his decision. But no I don't see him giving them a hometown discount. He may stay in Carolina but they'll have to pay fair market price or higher.
Fair, I just think he may thank you to the team.

Of course him playing that well is a big IF.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about this……Mayfield doesn’t play very well but better then the other QBs on the roster, do the Panthers resign him?
I think that would depend on Carolinas draft picks next season. Will they be able to draft a starter? With the thought of keeping the current bsck ups in place?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter what happens the panthers scored.
They will be paying their starting QB 5 mil. = Win
On the other hand they will be paying their back up 18 mil or so = Loss
but
If they get even average quarterbacking from them. Paying 23 mil to the position is still winning.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter what happens the panthers scored.
They will be paying their starting QB 5 mil. = Win
On the other hand they will be paying their back up 18 mil or so = Loss
but
If they get even average quarterbacking from them. Paying 23 mil to the position is still winning.

Jalen Hurts: $1.6 million

Gardner Minshew: $2.5 million

Eagles invested a second rounder and a sixth rounder for these players, less than Carolina spent on Darnold and Mayfield.

Are they significantly better? I don't know, but paying 23 million to mediocre QBs is not winning. You could have found guys on the scrap heap of similar value. And of course if they could draft even a little Carolina would not be in this situation.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ryan Tannehill 2.0 imo. Panthers desperate for a QB back up the truck and overpay Baker.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Tannehill 2.0 imo. Panthers desperate for a QB back up the truck and overpay Baker.
I don't think it's an overpay. $5.5M w/ possible incentives, and a conditional 5th. I don't think Baker will qualify for either unless he really balls out. But that Oline is suspect.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's an overpay. $5.5M w/ possible incentives, and a conditional 5th. I don't think Baker will qualify for either unless he really balls out. But that Oline is suspect.
I'm kinda with you that he won't 'ball out'. I think Baker is basically a journeyman right now unless his INTs go way down.

But Carolina is clearly pretty desperate for a QB

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calm down groomer. Nobody wanted him including the Panthers. That is why they only gave up a 5th round pick. Taking someone for literally nearly as close to nothing as possible is much different than actually wanting someone.

Lebron was just a point to your teams want him but his salary was too high. Baker could be on a minimum contract and still nobody would want him other than as a backup. He sucks, go cry about it somewhere else.

Why am I not surprised you don't know what you're talking about? You're also the same person that said OBJ's a HOFer. You said that in the is baker mayfield a bust thread.

If the Panthers didn't want him why did they trade for him in the first place? It doesn't matter what it took to get him, they still went after him.

And the proof that you're kinda clueless is how you brought up LeBron, an NBA player, when this discussion is about about football.

"He sucks, go cry about it somewhere else." :crazy:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Who's crying? I'm not a Mayfield fan and I'm glad he's finally gone.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny...I not only remain unsure if Mayfield is what he thinks he is as a NFL QB and I'm even less sure Watson is this top 5 NFL so many fans seem assured of.