• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wentz or Mayfield: who would you rather have?

who would you rather have?

• Wentz

Votes: 24 25.8%
  • Mayfield

Votes: 57 61.3%
  • Potato salad

Votes: 12 12.9%

• Total voters

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What have I gotten wrong? In one comment you say things were overblown and he was joking around. Then in another comment you acknowledge he badmouthed his teammates and said he shouldn't have said that.
Welcome to the dt-zone.

Strap in, you'll be in full spin cycle.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This can't be true?

dt has told us on multiple occassions these and other comments were only rumors. Heck, one or even two players came out and said something nice about BM. I'm throwing the bs flag on this one.

LOL
Are you sure you can throw the BS flag on this one?
Have you asked DT what you are really thinking?
Because you might be wrong on what you think you are thinking. :scratch:

Wait. What?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you sure you can throw the BS flag on this one?
Have you asked DT what you are really thinking?
Because you might be wrong on what you think you are thinking. :scratch:

Wait. What?
Yes ahhhh wait no I meant yes by the way I said no.

So I'll pick up the flag but save it so I can use it later if my agenda changes.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What?

You forget to quote somebody?
Nah… just heard the news about Baker to the Panthers.

1. Browns only got a conditional mid-to-late round pick after waiting all spring. Lol. I’m betting the higher offers were rescinded.

2. Christ how many QBs are the Panthers going to devour? Darnold, Corral & now Mayfield. Luckily they didn’t give up anything important for Baker.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,056.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah… just heard the news about Baker to the Panthers.

1. Browns only got a conditional mid-to-late round pick after waiting all spring. Lol. I’m betting the higher offers were rescinded.

2. Christ how many QBs are the Panthers going to devour? Darnold, Corral & now Mayfield. Luckily they didn’t give up anything important for Baker.
Corral is the future. Not the present.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Corral is the future. Not the present.
Panthers sent a '21 6th, and '22 2nd & 4th Rd picks to acquire Darnold. They only gave him a 1-yr tryout after coughing up 3 picks? 2 of those picks from THIS year's draft.

I'd say its fair to think Darnold is still in the present picture. And now Baker. BOTH of which are in the final year under contract lol.

This looks desperate on the Panthers' part.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,056.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Panthers sent a '21 6th, and '22 2nd & 4th Rd picks to acquire Darnold. They only gave him a 1-yr tryout after coughing up 3 picks? 2 of those picks from THIS year's draft.

I'd say its fair to think Darnold is still in the present picture. And now Baker. BOTH of which are in the final year under contract lol.

This looks desperate on the Panthers' part.
Rhule is on the hot seat.

Let them fight it out in training camp and pre-season, best man wins.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, I would take Wentz over Mayfield. Both are tools as human beings. Wentz at least has physical tools.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rhule is on the hot seat.

Let them fight it out in training camp and pre-season, best man wins.
I get it. Most important position in the game & a desperate Coach/GM wanting to make a splash. They were smart not to draft Pickett in the 1st, which forced them to wait until the 3rd round because of the trade for Darnold. It was a calculated risk, and going OL was the best choice given how poorly that unit performed last year. But still, its fair to think of Darnold as a 2nd Rd pick in this draft. They showed a TON of interest in both Pickett & Willis predraft, then they wait until the 3rd for Corral. Only to then push hard for Deshaun Watson & lost on that sweepstakes, and now they are settling for Baker. It's better than trading for Garappollo who would have been more expensive... But I'm just not sold that any of those options are going to drastically improve their outlook. I like Baker the football player and believe he got the shaft, but he has a ceiling & needs a strong run game & supporting cast to compliment him.

For those counting at home, this is now 5 draft picks they have spent in 2 years to find their guy.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,056.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it. Most important position in the game & a desperate Coach/GM wanting to make a splash. They were smart not to draft Pickett in the 1st, which forced them to wait until the 3rd round because of the trade for Darnold. It was a calculated risk, and going OL was the best choice given how poorly that unit performed last year. But still, its fair to think of Darnold as a 2nd Rd pick in this draft. They showed a TON of interest in both Pickett & Willis predraft, then they wait until the 3rd for Corral. Only to then push hard for Deshaun Watson & lost on that sweepstakes, and now they are settling for Baker. It's better than trading for Garappollo who would have been more expensive... But I'm just not sold that any of those options are going to drastically improve their outlook. I like Baker the football player and believe he got the shaft, but he has a ceiling & needs a strong run game & supporting cast to compliment him.

For those counting at home, this is now 5 draft picks they have spent in 2 years to find their guy.
DJ Moore is a really good receiver, if healthy McCaffrey gives them a good running game and they have a solid defense.

I can see a maybe 9-8 team. They have talent, despite the poor season they are coming off of.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, I would take Wentz over Mayfield. Both are tools as human beings. Wentz at least has physical tools.
Is he still a brittle b!tch tho?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ Moore is a really good receiver, if healthy McCaffrey gives them a good running game and they have a solid defense.

I can see a maybe 9-8 team. They have talent, despite the poor season they are coming off of.
Pretty sure they revamped their OL quite nicely too. 1st Rd pick, Corbett in FA, etc.

Baker had better talent around him in Cleveland

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,056.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure they revamped their OL quite nicely too. 1st Rd pick, Corbett in FA, etc.

Baker had better talent around him in Cleveland
Several analysts have said he's going to a good situation, not very different from Cleveland.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,056.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Panthers defense was 2nd in ypg allowed.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Several analysts have said he's going to a good situation, not very different from Cleveland.
Panthers were 14th in the NFL in pass attempts last season, and 15th in rush attempts. They do have a good & balanced system in place, but on paper it requires Baker to throw more. Since the Browns were 28th in pass attempts in both 2020 & 2021. Goes without saying, but a mediocre QB plays better when called upon less than the rushing attack. And Baker won't have the top 5 OL anymore.