• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wentz or Goff

which qb do you want?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vernon Adams

/thread
How'd that work for you? Seems the NFL didn't agree. Not drafted. Not signed as a UDFA. Given a token gesture to 'try out' at rookie mini camp with the seahawks.

So he was passed up by every team in the league dozens of times. He's that kid at the end of the bench in pickup basketball games.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How'd that work for you? Seems the NFL didn't agree. Not drafted. Not signed as a UDFA. Given a token gesture to 'try out' at rookie mini camp with the seahawks.

So he was passed up by every team in the league dozens of times. He's that kid at the end of the bench in pickup basketball games.

I feel like the tryout thing may be a result of overconfidence and the resulting frustration at not being drafted. Not sure why he would pick the Seahawks either, as there is no possible way he becomes the starter for a long time. He really must not interview well.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like the tryout thing may be a result of overconfidence and the resulting frustration at not being drafted. Not sure why he would pick the Seahawks either, as there is no possible way he becomes the starter for a long time. He really must not interview well.
Seattle was the perfect place for him, and likely the only team in the league that could give him a spot. No, not as a starter, but certainly as a project guy. What other team would his skill set fit in with in an emergency situation? The Seahawks are already built to handle a mobile midget QB. If he can't land at least a spot on the practice squad where he can work hard and show he's another exception to the rule then there is no other team in this country that would touch him. He'll be on his way to Canada.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle was the perfect place for him, and likely the only team in the league that could give him a spot. No, not as a starter, but certainly as a project guy. What other team would his skill set fit in with in an emergency situation? The Seahawks are already built to handle a mobile midget QB. If he can't land at least a spot on the practice squad where he can work hard and show he's another exception to the rule then there is no other team in this country that would touch him. He'll be on his way to Canada.

The thing is, he already has two similar guys ahead of him to back up Wilson. I find it tough to believe nobody else would have signed him outright. The QB from Ferris State got signed. Even with the Seahawks, all rankings I saw leading up to the draft had Adams above Boykin.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tavaris isn't on the roster as of now. Wilson was the only QB coming into the draft. Not to say they won't either re sign Jackson at some point or find another vet to be their backup, but as it stands right now there's at least a chance both of their draft day QB's could find a spot.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle had a solid draft. RB Collins from Arkansas is a really good player.

If we can block and Goff has the arm everyone says he has, should be interesting.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is, he already has two similar guys ahead of him to back up Wilson. I find it tough to believe nobody else would have signed him outright. The QB from Ferris State got signed. Even with the Seahawks, all rankings I saw leading up to the draft had Adams above Boykin.

The Seawags will try Boykin at WR

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm wondering what in the hell are we going to do with Foles?.....We've currently goy 4 qbs!....WTF?? We're gonna eat 8 mill in dead $$ if we cut him! Obviously no one wanted him on draft day!

Hey maybe Philly will want him back after Weinie Boy holds out!.....Bwahahahahahahaha!

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm wondering what in the hell are we going to do with Foles?.....We've currently goy 4 qbs!....WTF?? We're gonna eat 8 mill in dead $$ if we cut him! Obviously no one wanted him on draft day!

Hey maybe Philly will want him back after Weinie Boy holds out!.....Bwahahahahahahaha!

Supposedly we've been in talks with the Jets about Foles, but typical of us, we're asking for too much in return :L

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@zeke2829 in order to keep Rams boards threads free from the circle jerk, we all know too well, we all must keep all derogatory and/or high praise remarks of No. 8 to the Master Vent thread.

That said, you may be on the right track, if No. 8 holds out or gets traded away, Foles may find his way back to Philly.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Traded or cut, the Rams will still eat that bonus money.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, how does that Titans/Rams trade look so far?

Rams
1.1 Jared Goff, QB, Cal
4.110 Tyler Higbee, TE, Western Kentucky
6.170 Temarrick Hemmingway, TE, South Carolina State

Titans
1.15, 3.76 (and a 2017 2nd) Jack Conklin, OT, Michigan State
2.43 Austin Johnson, DT, Penn State
2.45 Derrick Henry, RB, Alabama
2017 1st
(2017 3rd)

In terms of draft value, with the Eagles already using their 2017 2nd towards Conklin, they have less than the Rams 2017 1st rounder left altogether.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh this is rich. After letting it be known that Goff is the franchise QB and implying he may be ready opening day, Fisher started backpedaling in answers to questions about whether or not Goff will be ready opening day.

LA Rams Head Coach On QB Jared Goff Starting Week 1: "I Can't Answer That Right Now"
I have no problem with what Fisher is saying. I know what he has meant all along.... Skill wise he is ready.

There's a lot of frustration going on around here and for good reasons.

To me, this is not one of them.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure hope Goff is the right guy, but I think many on here are already swallowing the hype! oh he can make all the throws, have heard this from Coug for how many years about a certain nobody!
He's great in the red zone, some of you do realize that was in college where most teams "maybe" have a couple good defensive players? Last years PAC 12 was very similar to the Big 12 when that certain nobody played there!

College teams are sprinkled with the best high school players they could get, NFL teams supposedly have the best college has to offer, so like that certain nobody, what he did in college against poor defenses means Jack Shit.

Would have preferred Weintz, bigger and can run some, but Goff is our guy, and I hope that he is finally truly our guy!