• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Well I hope everyone that went to Madison still had fun...

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, your biggest complaints are people calling you an asshole (which literally happens at most major schools) and getting in your face to tell you that you were going to lose? Seriously? I'm literally aghast. I got more flack from Northern Illinois fans, for god's sake. And JJM, your 110 pound aunt was insulted by us calling her fat? Do you not understand irony? That is actually pretty funny, and mocks the stereotype of hostile fans.

Things like throwing a can of beer at other fan bases are totally uncalled for. What you guys are complaining about are literally PG traditions. Are you going to yell at us for standing during the game next?

Nebraska885

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I really liked the news interviewing the Badger fan who thought he was so funny that he was directing Husker fans the wrong way when they asked for directions.

I having something really fun in mind for Bucky fans when they visit.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really liked the news interviewing the Badger fan who thought he was so funny that he was directing Husker fans the wrong way when they asked for directions.

I having something really fun in mind for Bucky fans when they visit.

That's something that would be uncalled for. The Husker fans by us were going to go to Section L because it had the shortest lines. We (the Badger students) informed that the band was in the lower part of Section L, so the section started about ten rows up. They saw the game from the third row and didn't have music blasting in their ear because of us. Also, I directed at least ten Husker fans on how to get to State Street after the game. This one guy sounds like a jerk, but it is in no way representative of our fan base as a whole.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest complaint was not being able to walk without one of you fucks in my face yelling something in a drunken/retarded nature

did you read my post?

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest complaint was not being able to walk without one of you fucks in my face yelling something in a drunken/retarded nature

did you read my post?

Yeah, I read that. If it was literally nonstop, I could understand it being really frustrating. The thing is, though, that I was there. I walked down the bike path with Nebraska fans, attended a tailgate that Nebraska fans passed, and waited in line/ sat near Nebraska fans. Yes, we chanted asshole at some of them, but I saw nothing like what you are describing. If this literally happened to you as much as you are describing, it either an amazing coincidence or you must have provoked them (maybe by calling them fucks?).

My guess is that four or five people did that to you, which is something I have experienced against such intense fanbases as Northern Illinois, Bowling Green, and Northwestern.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well. Either way. I will make sure I can make it to the next Nebraska @ Wisconsin game, and I'll put together a crew. Irule and HGirl are walking with us. HH and any other Husker fans will be welcome. I'm even more disappointed that I couldn't make it now. I wanted you guys to have a great time.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
most of ye all were great fans, and we had a fun day

just walking to the stadium was probly my worst experience at a football game

Well besides that beating we took :L

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, Smart, I believe Irule. He's a standup guy, and I'm glad that he said the majority of the fans were great.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'm sure some of the nice guys I saw were students, but just seemed like the majority were ready to tell us to go home, and do so obnoxiously

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'm sure some of the nice guys I saw were students, but just seemed like the majority were ready to tell us to go home, and do so obnoxiously

I get what you're talking about, man. Trust me, i'm a Bears fan living in Madison. What you're describing doesn't bother me. In fact, I like it. If somebody calls me a FIB or tells me that the "Bears suck", I enjoy coming up with a clever response. Honestly, I have several aquaintances that I met through an argument that started with them hassling me.

When people give bad directions, or throw beer at people, or threaten opposing fans, i'll be the first to diss them. What you are describing is petty banter. You'll get it any away game. The fact that you don't like it doesn't mean that our fans are douchebags. It just means that you don't like a certain part of our gameday experience.

Nebraska885

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I get what you're talking about, man. Trust me, i'm a Bears fan living in Madison. What you're describing doesn't bother me. In fact, I like it. If somebody calls me a FIB or tells me that the "Bears suck", I enjoy coming up with a clever response. Honestly, I have several aquaintances that I met through an argument that started with them hassling me.

When people give bad directions, or throw beer at people, or threaten opposing fans, i'll be the first to diss them. What you are describing is petty banter. You'll get it any away game. The fact that you don't like it doesn't mean that our fans are douchebags. It just means that you don't like a certain part of our gameday experience.

How many away games have you attended at Memorial Stadium in Lincoln? Don't get me wrong; we have our fair share of idiots but your opinion of "gameday experience" is obviously vastly different from many of the away games that I've been to.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So being in college and acting like I did when I was 8 years old is normal :rolleyes:

You guys have some crackheads for students up thar. And I'll bet my aunt really laughed at the irony of being called fat too......like any woman in this world really thinks they're skinny. Doesn't matter if it was intended to be ironic or not, it's just pathetic.

Whatever though, it makes this little matchup more desirable for me. I just plain hate yer team........I gotta be honest. It has 50% to do with the students, and 50% to do with the fact that they beat the shit out of my team.

I do like the Badger fans on this board though........

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many away games have you attended at Memorial Stadium in Lincoln? Don't get me wrong; we have our fair share of idiots but your opinion of "gameday experience" is obviously vastly different from many of the away games that I've been to.

I've never been to Memorial Stadium, but i've seen college games at a lot of places: Wisconsin, Northwestern, Michigan State, Iowa, Minnesota (before the move to TCF Bank), Soldier Field, Cleveland Browns Stadium, Notre Dame, Illinois, Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, and Tennessee. The "asshole" chant happened at more than half of them. Hopefully, i'll make it out to Memorial Stadium sometime. Like I said, I think you guys are great fans and respect the hell out of you all. I'm just surprised that you guys are so offended by some of these things.

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never been to Memorial Stadium, but i've seen college games at a lot of places: Wisconsin, Northwestern, Michigan State, Iowa, Minnesota (before the move to TCF Bank), Soldier Field, Cleveland Browns Stadium, Notre Dame, Illinois, Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, and Tennessee. The "asshole" chant happened at more than half of them. Hopefully, i'll make it out to Memorial Stadium sometime. Like I said, I think you guys are great fans and respect the hell out of you all. I'm just surprised that you guys are so offended by some of these things.

thats the point. you haven't been to our turf. we handle gameday the way it should be. with total class.

HawkeyeHater

Not a drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we are just surprised.....

We always thought that Colorado fans were total asshats.....

Then we find out they are more "normal" than we thought....

Because something is normal, does not make it acceptable....

I've never once heard a "asshole" chant in Lincoln......

I've never once seen a beer thrown at someone(unopened can anyway)in Lincoln.........

I've never once seen someone spit at in Lincoln.............

We expect to be treated with the same class we give........ I don't think that's too much to ask for, but apparently you do smart.

HawkeyeHater

Not a drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were to rank stadiums I've been to by douchebagism of the fans.......

1. Colorado- They are on they're own level, every time I went to Boulder I expected to end up in jail... I always took a rental car.... I would wear a plain black hoodie till I got in the stadium
2. Wisconsin- pretty disappointed, nothing happened to me but I saw plenty, yet I know why nothing happened to me and it makes me think not only is the majority of your students douchebags but also cowardly pussies. Nothing happened to me cuz I had two monsters with me, and I'm not exactly someone most want to fuck with.
3. Texas A&M-
4. Kansas State (even though worse thing I ever saw happened there, they are mostly good)

All other stadiums I've been too have been good experiences far surpassing the one I had saturday night, including Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Iowa State, Virginia Tech

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, I will tell you that we don't antogonize any opposing fans, even if it's "what we always do with "asshole" chants" What the hell is an "asshole" chant? and why would anyone want to heckle like that?

So, it's ok, that JJM's aunt and uncle were berated because they were unruly for simply going to the game in your stadium? I'm sorry, I've always had respect for Wisconsin's football program, but from what I'm hearing, your fans may not be so hot....

But I guess if you chant asshole to every opposing teams fanbase including 55 year olds, not just unruly drunken UNL students like irule and grl, its "just what we do"