• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Well I hope everyone that went to Madison still had fun...

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm waiting to hear about why we're assholes. For the record, I actually got thanked by multiple Huskers fans for being nice to them. The people in our section were having good banter with them, and I know they had a great time in spite of the outcome of the game. There's a difference between making a joking chant and being a true asshole and I can only think of two moments in the 20+ games i've been to at Camp Randall where people were true assholes.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were throwing cheese at us and our playerz......it wes jest awful

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously laugh at the excuse "that's just how we are"

Apparently if you tack that on, it's acceptable to be an asshole?

There's a difference between talking shit, which we do a lot of, and anything that you could reasonably have beef with.... So far the only person I give any apologies to is Redtillidie, because apparently some jackass threw a beer can at his head.

We do trash talk. That is just how we are. Smart and I would probably viciously trash talk each other in person during Packers/Bears games. That's the kind of thing we grew up with. We shake hands when it's all over and buy each other beers.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey HH sorry fer callin ye out earlier en sech. You are right craziest thangs have happened. I was still in meltdown mode when I woke up this morn. :dance:

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"talking trash" =/= going up to someone and yelling in their face about how insert team, and booing as loud as you possibly can 2 inches from their ear

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazier *..........dadburn auto complete on the Droid

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously every student I walked by had something to say, and rather than just saying it, they had to douche it up and get in our faces

Countless times we were Boo'd at, and with the sconnie accent, it sounded more like a sheep noise, but i digress. Booing is fine, i suppose, but to go up to someone and yell it right in their face is retarded

They also liked to yell that Nebraska girls are ugly at the fine husker_grl, and while she didn't take offense to it, I failed to see any wisky girls look better than a 4

the entire student section chanting 'asshole' at any opposing team fans isn't "tradition," or "just what we do" it's hostile and pointless.

While I knew about the 'eat shit, fuck you' chant.. it's still stupid and unnecessary for an event that one would normally bring children to.

Tossing around a giant inflatable dildo like a beach ball was funny, but probably one of the most classless things I saw.

And ye all drink too much.. jesus

I had a good experience with the more adult Badger fans, tho.. and lol'd at how embarrassed they are of the students.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"talking trash" =/= going up to someone and yelling in their face about how insert team, and booing as loud as you possibly can 2 inches from their ear

Well, I'd like to find that little fucker and throw him off a roof, but really doubt that the majority of the student section was doing this. I have like 4 cousins in that ss. They were all excited to meet Husker fans.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
luls, I will say tho..

I wish our students could get that involved. You guys do some pretty cool things with the crowd.. just wish they could be a bit more mature :D

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh, and yelling that YOU SHOULD HAVE STAYED IN BIG XII out the windows after that loss didn't help me feelings about the students

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I jest had a bad experience :confused:

Hmmmmm. I don't know. It does depend on where you walked. From what I remember, the students who live along the main routes to the stadium are a mixed bag. Lots of dickheads there, but they should have been outnumbered.

We are rowdier than usual, but it was pretty rare that I saw somebody get in an opposing fan's face. Sorry that happened. That's not what I meant by, "that's just the way we are."

And ya. LOL @ Wisconsin guys calling H-Girl ugly. That was just desperation on their part, because Nebraska fans were probably doing a good job of ignoring them up to that point.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
luls, I will say tho..

I wish our students could get that involved. You guys do some pretty cool things with the crowd.. just wish they could be a bit more mature :D

Ya. There is a bit of an all or nothing attitude there. When they go stupid, they tend to go all the way stupid. But usually they're not the majority. The only chant I really didn't like was the Big Ten football chant. I understand why they did it, because a lot of fans on the outside(especially tSEC) predicted that Nebraska would walk through the B1G. But they should have known that Nebraska fans are happy to be here.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I jest had a bad experience :confused:

No..........

I have an uncle.......now we are talking about a 55 year old man here.........and he was just walking with his wife and another couple and said the consin fans came in groves to let them know they weren't welcome. Called my aunt fat.......and she weighs probs 110. He said he held off from saying anything for a while but eventually had to dish it back because it was so persistent.

This same uncle went to the Colorado game every year when we were in the big 12/8......and he said these fans were worse. THAT is sayin somethin.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well. I'm disappointed to hear all that. I used to party with my friends along those routes through student land, and we usually policed our own. We used to have a lot of fun with it, but we never got in people's faces.