• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Welcome to the Michigan forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello Everyone,

I've been designated the Michigan forum moderator. Clearly this power comes with some sort of responsibility. I'm hoping we can make this board as normal and flowing as any other board. I'm not going to be any more strict than the other Mods are anywhere else around here. I plan on "letting it play" as long as it's clearly something that has no place here. IE: Pron.

To some extent, trolling is part of the game. What good is a rivalry if your rivals can't come onto your board and talk some crap once and a while.

PM me if you have any questions, concerns or suggestions for the board. If I can't do them, I'll pass them up the chain.

-MAIZEandBLUE09

Last edited by a moderator:

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha, well - I do post at work. So it makes it a little iffy when we have giant pictures of pron in the forum; especially unexpectedly. That's a hard one to explain to co-workers.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha, well - I do post at work. So it makes it a little iffy when we have giant pictures of pron in the forum; especially unexpectedly. That's a hard one to explain to co-workers.

Just blame it on some asshole Buckeye fan. It's all good. :suds:

U-MMARAUDER

Imported from Detroit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey everyone. Been out of the loop for a minute as I made a move to another state. I'm definitely ready for football and some information from the usual CBSSports posters. I think Devin Gardner has truly taken the leadership of the team and QB position to heart. I think he's ready, but we'll have to wait to see how much his decision-making has improved. I think he's up to task though.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey everyone. Been out of the loop for a minute as I made a move to another state. I'm definitely ready for football and some information from the usual CBSSports posters. I think Devin Gardner has truly taken the leadership of the team and QB position to heart. I think he's ready, but we'll have to wait to see how much his decision-making has improved. I think he's up to task though.

Dude scares me more than any QB you guys have had in quite some time. I've gotta think you'd of beaten Nebraska and ND last year if you guys knew to move him over.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will give you a tidbit about where the coaches think DG is at. They are scared to death he will leave for the NFL after this year leaving Morris (miles away from being a college QB right now), Cleary (the coaches don't even think enough of him to offer him a scholly), and Speight (a true freshman) to fight it out in 2014

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude scares me more than any QB you guys have had in quite some time. I've gotta think you'd of beaten Nebraska and ND last year if you guys knew to move him over.

Strictly as a QB, yeah - I still think his short throws need some work but his deep ball is pretty good and the fact that he has the athleticism to scramble away makes him a pretty great option for our offense. The one thing we really need this year, with Denard gone, is a running option to develop.

nonbcsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if Gardner goes down early this year, we are a 3-5 win team... I also think he won't bolt early for the NFL, the pros want to see more than just 1 great season, so it would behoove him to start a couple of years in the pro style system before leaving.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about that. We will still have a solid defense and the B1G isn't exactly busting with great teams. Even with Gardner we look to be in a transitional year unless the O-Line matures faster than expected.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about that. We will still have a solid defense and the B1G isn't exactly busting with great teams. Even with Gardner we look to be in a transitional year unless the O-Line matures faster than expected.

The big ten seems to have a lot of teams that should be ranked like #15-#30 this year. Which means that on any given weekend they could have a great game and beat us. With that said, OSU looks to be the only serious contender on our schedule. I expect us to do at least as good as we did last year, as I see last year as more of a transition that this year. We're finally running most of the offensive and defensive packages that we want this year. If we can solidify the RB situation, our offense should be good enough and defense solid enough to win lots of games. I'm hoping for at least a 10 win season, although I think I'd still consider a 9 win season a success.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Gardner is not as athletic as D Robb but will stay in the pocket more often and probably has a better arm than D Robb. I think the offensive line will be markedly better than it was last year so Gardner will benefit from a stronger running game.

I think Morris gets some reps this year. I think Hoke likes him and what better way to cement his place than to burn his redshirt and make sure he is entrenched as the 2nd team QB this season.

IMO if Bellomy didn't get hurt he would have been given a legit shot by Hoke. I am not sure Hoke is sold on Gardner.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Gardner is not as athletic as D Robb but will stay in the pocket more often and probably has a better arm than D Robb. I think the offensive line will be markedly better than it was last year so Gardner will benefit from a stronger running game.

I think Morris gets some reps this year. I think Hoke likes him and what better way to cement his place than to burn his redshirt and make sure he is entrenched as the 2nd team QB this season.

IMO if Bellomy didn't get hurt he would have been given a legit shot by Hoke. I am not sure Hoke is sold on Gardner.

Gardner's roll out ability seems to work well for him. There have been a lot of plays where I think it was an intended pass that went wrong where he got 5-10 yards cutting up the edge on a roll out.

I hope I don't see Morris until next year. Getting him a redshirt is important because it potentially gives us a starting QB until 2017. I think reps in practice will suffice in his training this season but with no clear cut #2, we certainly have no other choice if Gardner comes out.

nonbcsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big ten seems to have a lot of teams that should be ranked like #15-#30 this year. Which means that on any given weekend they could have a great game and beat us. With that said, OSU looks to be the only serious contender on our schedule. I expect us to do at least as good as we did last year, as I see last year as more of a transition that this year. We're finally running most of the offensive and defensive packages that we want this year. If we can solidify the RB situation, our offense should be good enough and defense solid enough to win lots of games. I'm hoping for at least a 10 win season, although I think I'd still consider a 9 win season a success.

that depends on what you mean by "contender". OSU is definitely is only serious NC contender that the Big 10 has this year, but there plenty of teams that are capable of beating Michigan this year... MSU, NEB, NW, PSU... much will depend on how quickly the OL comes together and like you've mentioned, whether or not we can establish a consistent running game through the RB.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that depends on what you mean by "contender". OSU is definitely is only serious NC contender that the Big 10 has this year, but there plenty of teams that are capable of beating Michigan this year... MSU, NEB, NW, PSU... much will depend on how quickly the OL comes together and like you've mentioned, whether or not we can establish a consistent running game through the RB.

Yeah, I meant national title contender. As you said, there are plenty of average to good big ten teams this year that will be able to beat us. It's all about the RB this year. I think everything else will be at least as solid as it was last year if not better. Gardner seemed to prove himself as a capable QB and with an off season as the starter to practice, along with the high praise he's getting at camps, I tend to think he'll be even better than most expect. But without a running game we're pretty dead in the water. Probably like an 8 win team. With a good running game I think we can eclipse 10 wins.

AfrikaBlack

Hoopla Cash
$ 102.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never knew M&B posted here.

AfrikaBlack

Hoopla Cash
$ 102.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and since you are a mod make this board look pretty like all of the other ones. Quit being lazy. Thanks.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and since you are a mod make this board look pretty like all of the other ones. Quit being lazy. Thanks.

I've learned one thing around here, don't mention banners.

Status
Not open for further replies.