• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Welcome to the Club, Cincinnati.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCF fans welcome you to the "Get Fucked" party by the CFP Committee. Congrats, you've made it!

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCF fans welcome you to the "Get Fucked" party by the CFP Committee. Congrats, you've made it!
Cincinnati has a pretty good chance. If Georgia beats Bama, Bama could drop below Cincinnati. Then the loser of the OSU/MSU game should drop below Cincinnati as well.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol.

well guess what. they fucked themselves.

schedule strength matters.......

It's great they beat ND. good quality win. Indiana? not so much.

If they wanted to be taken seriously and be in the top four. they should've scheduled any combination of these teams OOC. OSU, Bama, GA, OU, ND, MIch, MSU, PSU.................. pick any 4, beat them, then maybe number 4, but their reg. season record would still be holding them back.....

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did everything that was asked of them and this committee still screwed them over. Thats the real world in a nutshell.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe someday there will be a playoff for FBS.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol.

well guess what. they fucked themselves.

schedule strength matters.......

It's great they beat ND. good quality win. Indiana? not so much.

If they wanted to be taken seriously and be in the top four. they should've scheduled any combination of these teams OOC. OSU, Bama, GA, OU, ND, MIch, MSU, PSU.................. pick any 4, beat them, then maybe number 4, but their reg. season record would still be holding them back.....
MSU has had down years, while Indiana has had a good year or two recently. It's hard to gaurantee two high quality opponents in the same ooc season.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MSU has had down years, while Indiana has had a good year or two recently. It's hard to gaurantee two high quality opponents in the same ooc season.
um, yes and no. there are probably 10-15 teams you can pick out that scheduling 4-6 years in advance, they will still be a quality opponent on the schedule.........

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
um, yes and no. there are probably 10-15 teams you can pick out that scheduling 4-6 years in advance, they will still be a quality opponent on the schedule.........
Well, if they scheduled Indiana 4-6 years ago, then they weren't trying to get two quality opponents, it's only been 2019 & 2020 that IU has looked good. And you listed MSU, but they've had down years. Your list maybe should be closer to 6-8?

But then even then, 4-6 years ago scheding Clemson for this season would have seemed like a sure thing, lol.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cincy's SOS is too crummy. The committee did the humane thing keeping them out from the start vs putting them in and week by week moving teams past them. But, they're a prime example of why a 12 team playoff would be a good thing for smaller programs.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if they scheduled Indiana 4-6 years ago, then they weren't trying to get two quality opponents, it's only been 2019 & 2020 that IU has looked good. And you listed MSU, but they've had down years. Your list maybe should be closer to 6-8?

But then even then, 4-6 years ago scheding Clemson for this season would have seemed like a sure thing, lol.
I dont know how many times last off-season I heard some talking head tell us that we had all better learn to say DJ Ukele's name because he was gonna be the second coming of Jesus himself. 'Everyone' picked Clemson as the easy conference champ, and they had like the 2nd or 3rd best odds to make the CFP. On the other hand Michigan state lost 5 conference games in 2019, and 6 overall. In 2020 the only reason they 'only had 5 losses is because they only played 7 games. 'Everyone' picked them to finish outside the top 10....in their own conference.

Building a schedule even 3 months in advance is hard to predict, much less 4-5 years out. Plus it's a double edged sword. You say schedule a team like Alabama, but why would Bama schedule them for a home and home when they can instead bring in Mercer and New Mexico for extra home games every year and still have the ESPN ownership crew pushing SEC.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cincy's SOS is too crummy. The committee did the humane thing keeping them out from the start vs putting them in and week by week moving teams past them. But, they're a prime example of why a 12 team playoff would be a good thing for smaller programs.
Why 12? Wouldn't 8 work better? If the G5 champs have to playoff to narrow down to 3 teams to play the 5 P5 Champs, that would be up to them, otherwise they will just gaurantee them one spot out of the 8. And they'll never go more than 8 as conf Championship games add another 5 teams in a sort of playoff first round.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why 12? Wouldn't 8 work better? If the G5 champs have to playoff to narrow down to 3 teams to play the 5 P5 Champs, that would be up to them, otherwise they will just gaurantee them one spot out of the 8. And they'll never go more than 8 as conf Championship games add another 5 teams in a sort of playoff first round.

Nah. 12 is better. You can then reward the top 4 teams with a bye, every P5 conference champion can get in, the top G5 team can have a spot and then you'd still have spots for highly ranked non-conference champs. It satisfies more people and makes it less likely you have to expand the playoff again in a few years.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
beat me to it. Why aren't we talking about just going to 8? Why 12?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
beat me to it. Why aren't we talking about just going to 8? Why 12?
Yeah, I know. Small steps. Doesn't help having uneven # of P conferences and an uneven # of G conferences. Kind of cheering for the dissolution of the Big 12 as having just 4 major conferences would be a lot easier to work with, and then possibly the G5 conferences having their own playoff?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cincinnati has a pretty good chance. If Georgia beats Bama, Bama could drop below Cincinnati. Then the loser of the OSU/MSU game should drop below Cincinnati as well.
I wouldn't say "a pretty good chance" but they still do have some kind of chance BUT only if they start waxing their opponents even the good ones they need to beat somewhat easily. It's just part of the process.

The B1G situation probably takes care of itself and it could be a situation they beat up on each other.
Oklahoma is a problem if they go undefeated but they still have Okie St and Baylor.
Still, if Oregon has one loss they stay above Cincy.
UGA is in even if they lose the SECCG. I don't see them losing in the regular season barring a miracle.
Like you said, UGA beat Bama...that will take care of itself.

That is a lot of stuff but not crazy most of that can happen. I don't think they have a pretty good chance though. I would give them like a 40% chance they make it and that is being kind imo

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did everything that was asked of them and this committee still screwed them over. Thats the real world in a nutshell.
They schedule a very solid non-conference opponent in ND and won. Although their other non-conference isn't good bc of Indiana being bad this year.
They were beating down their opponents and winning in style but then they started to struggle.
They barely held on against a 2-6 Navy team and struggled for 3 quarters against a 1-7 Tulane team but they could still perform at a high level these next 5 games (including the CCG) and redeem themselves. So I wouldn't say everything but they did a decent job. Indiana not being better sucks for them though. Still not likely they get in and won't be bc the committee screwed them lol.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say "a pretty good chance" but they still do have some kind of chance BUT only if they start waxing their opponents even the good ones they need to beat somewhat easily. It's just part of the process.

The B1G situation probably takes care of itself and it could be a situation they beat up on each other.
Oklahoma is a problem if they go undefeated but they still have Okie St and Baylor.
Still, if Oregon has one loss they stay above Cincy.
UGA is in even if they lose the SECCG. I don't see them losing in the regular season barring a miracle.
Like you said, UGA beat Bama...that will take care of itself.

That is a lot of stuff but not crazy most of that can happen. I don't think they have a pretty good chance though. I would give them like a 40% chance they make it and that is being kind imo
Well, I am very confident that Georgia is going to win out and that Oklahoma and Oregon will both lose at least one more. That basically leaves Wake passing them up as the only way to keep them out. Believe me, last thing I want is for Cincinnati to get in. Just think it might happen.