• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Welcome to our three newest Hokies!

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that it has been alluded to in other threads, but this past week, three new Hokies have joined the team. Two players were greyshirt commits from last season and one is an early enrollee from this season.

newhokiesa.jpg

1. Caleb Farris, 6'4" 315lb, interior lineman:
Farris is our likely heir apparent at Center, and is a lifetime Hokie. he committed the second he got the offer, and basically told all other schools to fuck off (love that), hence his offer sheet is not spectacular, yet his ranking is pretty high:

Caleb Farris - Yahoo! Sports
Scout.com: Caleb Farris Profile
Caleb Farris 2010 Football Recruiting Profile - ESPN

Why he wanted to be a Hokie?

"Well, I grew up in a Virginia Tech family. I was talking with all these schools because I didn't know if Tech would offer me a scholarship or not, so, I had to keep all my options open. I've been going to Tech games since I was a kid. I probably have nine people on my dad's side of the family that attended Virginia Tech. As soon as they started heavily recruiting me, I felt my dream was going to come true. Also, I'm very family oriented and this is all exciting for my family. They're all big Hokies and that really had a lot to do with it. So, not only will it be a great experience for me, it will also be a very important experience for them. That was very important for me."

get_image

2. Justin Taylor, 6'3" 225lb, DE:

Taylor played linebacker at Hargrave this season and showed some real speed and athleticism. He may get a bit of a look there, but my bet is he is a tall rangy pass rusher that makes us very happy:

Justin Taylor - Yahoo! Sports
Scout.com: Justin Taylor Profile
Justin Taylor 2011 Football Recruiting Profile - ESPN

Why he wanted to be a Hokie:

"Well, when I was growing up, it was all about basketball. I followed the North Carolina Tar Heels. That was my dream, to play basketball at UNC. But, as I got older, I started following Virginia Tech football. My family really has a lot of respect for Coach Beamer and the way he treats people and runs that football program. Then, when I got to high school, I could see that I'd probably have a better shot at earning a scholarship in football than basketball. And, that's when I really started paying more attention to college football and more attention to Virginia Tech."

978419.jpg

3. Adeboye Aromire[,/B] 6'0" 180lb, DB:

Aromire could be a safety, cornerback or even OLB at tech. he is a great kid, with ties to HD Woodson, a place where Tech has become a staple. His quote on the coaching staff is one of the best I have ever seen:

Adeboye Aromire - Yahoo! Sports
Scout.com: Adeboye Aromire Profile
Adeboye Aromire 2011 Football Recruiting Profile - ESPN

Why he wants to be a Hokie:

"Well, honestly, I know Virginia Tech doesn't need me. I'm always a little cautious when you hear these recruiters telling you how much they "need" you. I'm pretty sure that if they're saying that to me, they're saying that to everybody. All these program have very talented players, so, I doubt Virginia Tech really "needs" me. What really made an impact on me is that I could tell they "wanted" me. There's a big difference. Coach Sherman, Coach Gray, Coach Beamer...all of them. They genuine guys and they never came at me like "we gotta have you." It was always, we really you to be a part of us. Join the family, so to speak, and I really liked that approach. I know Virginia Tech football doesn't need me. They send players to their secondary left and right. I'm really excited to be playing in Coach Foster's defense. And I'm excited to learn under Coach Gray. He played at Virginia Tech and he played in the NFL. Also, with Rock Carmichael leaving the boundary corner, I think I'll have a chance to complete for playing time. If you're a defensive back, you want to play football at Virginia Tech."

aromire.jpg

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great stuff as always 46. Glad to have these guys in the fold. All seem to truly want to be Hokies, which typically means much more than star rankings. Thanks again.

By the way, have you heard the latest on the UNC fiasco? Apparently Waffle on packpride has posted some new intriguing revelations.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great stuff as always 46. Glad to have these guys in the fold. All seem to truly want to be Hokies, which typically means much more than star rankings. Thanks again.

By the way, have you heard the latest on the UNC fiasco? Apparently Waffle on packpride has posted some new intriguing revelations.

Yeah, I have been reading some of it. I dont think much will truly blow up until after signing day though. I may post a summary update next week some time. If I were a commit, I would not sign on LOI day. I would wait it out a bit.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good info man - thanks for sharing. You just made me a fan of Adeboye Aromire.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good info man - thanks for sharing. You just made me a fan of Adeboye Aromire.

ditto.

rep for Hokies

edit: Hokies other than vtpoop, amzete, and 46...gonna have to wait...all repped out for the day