• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 9: Duke @ Virginia Tech, Saturday 10/26 3:30PM on ESPNU

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the bye week the Dookies come to town. They are a quiet 4-2 with their wins coming mostly against inferior competition UNC-Central, Troy, Memphis, and Navy with their only ACC games resulting in losses (Pitt 58-55 and GT 38-14).

I haven't watched them play at all, but it looks like (at a glance) they have a pretty decent in QB Brandon Connette who has thrown quite a few TDs but also has some wheels and has some respectable rushing numbers. The defense looks to be weaker against the pass with Tom Savage/Pitt torching them for 6TDS. LT should be able to throw against these guys. They get the Hoos this weekend so we will see how bad or mediocre they really are after their trip to CVille. Go Devils!!!

This is a team that the Hokies should beat pretty handily. But we have already seen that nothing is a gimme on the schedule this year. If the offense and in particular the run game can hold up their end of the deal..Miami should be the only team left on the schedule that could be a loss IMO.

But lets not get ahead of ourselves. One game at a time. Duke...you better watch. Cuz they'll get after ya'.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the bye week the Dookies come to town. They are a quiet 4-2 with their wins coming mostly against inferior competition UNC-Central, Troy, Memphis, and Navy with their only ACC games resulting in losses (Pitt 58-55 and GT 38-14).

I haven't watched them play at all, but it looks like (at a glance) they have a pretty decent in QB Brandon Connette who has thrown quite a few TDs but also has some wheels and has some respectable rushing numbers. The defense looks to be weaker against the pass with Tom Savage/Pitt torching them for 6TDS. LT should be able to throw against these guys. They get the Hoos this weekend so we will see how bad or mediocre they really are after their trip to CVille. Go Devils!!!

This is a team that the Hokies should beat pretty handily. But we have already seen that nothing is a gimme on the schedule this year. If the offense and in particular the run game can hold up their end of the deal..Miami should be the only team left on the schedule that could be a loss IMO.

But lets not get ahead of ourselves. One game at a time. Duke...you better watch. Cuz they'll get after ya'.

Game time announced for 3:30!!!

rockhead44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A prime-time game! (well, for the ACC)

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Pitt/Cuse additions got the schedules mixed up. I'm not sure why we got flipped around Miami/BC and Duke, but I'm sure someone else besides us complained about something. It does balance Duke and Miami's schedule (Duke plays @VT/home Miami, Miami gets @FSU/home VT). It turns our schedule to crap every other year based on rivals/competition (@GT, @Miami, @UVa).

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
We've played quite a few bizarre games against Duke. What is it about this team?

2008 with 5 turnovers in the first half, and Duke refused to throw the ball until they had to late, and then threw four picks.

2009 when Thad Lewis went back and forth with Tyrod in the fourth.

2011 when after playing well for a few weeks before and after, David Wilson was the only offensive player to produce much of anything, and the defense had to hold multiple late redzone drives by Duke to zero points.

2012 when Duke went up 20-0 in less than 9 minutes but then somehow made our offense look good for the only game all season.

the-twilight-zone-intro-o.gif

Fetti

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Anthony Boone will start today at QB for the Blue Devils. went 31-for-38 and 295 yards last week and also brings some mobility for a big man. He should start vs. VT considering he was the starter to begin the year until he got hurt and Connette came in.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anthony Boone will start today at QB for the Blue Devils. went 31-for-38 and 295 yards last week and also brings some mobility for a big man. He should start vs. VT considering he was the starter to begin the year until he got hurt and Connette came in.

I only saw a few plays but from what I saw, Boone looked pretty decent. I could see him giving some trouble.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Facyson has a concussion and might not play against Duke. Well that sucks.

JPCVT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing that our uniforms may be interesting for this game...orange effect, right?

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone happen to have a spare parking pass?