• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 8: Virginia Tech @ Clemson (Oct. 20, 2012)

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You know what would happen on a 3rd and short or 4th and short if they passed it? T-fuckin-D!!

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fooz, we have had some mistakes that have cost us but our game plan has worked... Our D is holding them pretty well, offense is moving the ball and controlling the clock aside from the interceptions. Do you not see anything good when you watch a game?

Nah..I don't think he ever sees much good. While I think we all admire your tenacity and passion fooz, picking apart every single failed play is a getting pretty meh..
We are still in this game despite the bad mistakes..you can always say shoulda taken the FG, shouldn't have done this, shouldn't have done that..but the bottom line is I don't think anyone expected VT to have this game put away at halftime. We get the ball first, need to make a few adjustments, eliminate mistakes, and keep doing what we have been doing. If the second half goes like the first half (minus the bad turnovers)..we will win this game.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st half thoughts:

-Sort of an odd game. Lots of weird turnovers and bounces. We could be leading right now yet at the same time, we could be down a lot more than we are.

-Great start, sputtering pretty badly in the 2nd quarter.

-Defense is playing pretty well all things considered. Guys up front getting good pressure. Clemson is explosive so its hard to stop them all game but our guys are doing a good job so far. Hopefully they can keep it up and the offense can gather themselves.

-Michael Cole is one lucky mofo. Good hands on the catch. Bad feet for being on your ass in the first place.

-Special Teams turnover was just bad luck. It happens. Just one of those deals. We got breaks with Cole's INT and Gregory's fumble caught by Fuller so I guess we used up are lucky cards.

-Ed Cunningham needs a mute button. STFU on the FG talk. We should have kicked the FG on the 2nd drive instead of going for it. He's right in the sense that you have to be aggressive with Clemson, but don't be stupid about it. We had the ball on the 20, a makeable FG for Journell that would put us up 10-0. You have to hit Clemson any chance you can get and by hit, I mean score points. As poor as we've been all season on short yardage, take the fairly easy 3. There are times you pick your spots in being aggressive. Going for it the first time just outside Journell's range was one of those times, the 2nd drive wasn't. If everything stayed to form and we kicked that FG, it'd be 17-13 and we'd get the ball to start the 2nd half. Bottom line, take points when you have them. If you're always chasing TDs, you'll soon find yourself needing TDs just to stay in the game

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I have a problem with stupidity and failing to adjust to what's happening on the field. These are highly paid professionals. I cannot believe they don't adjust to the inside runs not working in short yardage all year long. Just because the QB sneak worked last year doesn't mean it will every year. And if that doesn't work then a handoff sure won't. I don't think you guys realize how big that play was. Could've been 14-0

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a problem with stupidity and failing to adjust to what's happening on the field. These are highly paid professionals. I cannot believe they don't adjust to the inside runs not working in short yardage all year long. Just because the QB sneak worked last year doesn't mean it will every year. And if that doesn't work then a handoff sure won't. I don't think you guys realize how big that play was. Could've been 14-0

I have more of a problem with the personnel on the play (I assume you are talking about the 4th down run with Holmes??) than the call itself. I think on that play you give it to someone else proven that can run inside for a yard or two on nearly every play, preferably Scales. Holmes just doesn't look comfortable for some reason. I agree with you and am OK with a PA pass in that situation as well...

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We realize how big it was but we had been getting a push on the line for a change. That is a play that could have easily opened a small hole and busted it for a TD...

Also, is Fuller banged up does anyone know? He has gotten up slow a couple plays. Is it the shoulder or something new?

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Clemson is going to need a defense on timeout"

Anyone else catch that?

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I have more of a problem with the personnel on the play (I assume you are talking about the 4th down run with Holmes??) than the call itself. I think on that play you give it to someone else proven that can run inside for a yard or two on nearly every play, preferably Scales. Holmes just doesn't look comfortable for some reason. I agree with you and am OK with a PA pass in that situation as well...

There were about 3 Clemson players in the backfield on that play which I could've told you was going to happen

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tumblr_mbcgjzuCsn1qdlh1io1_400.gif

Just cuz its funny

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was pass interference.

What dreadful blocking on the reverse.

And why did we throw a screen to knowles after he ran across the field 6 times on the play before?