• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Season so Far-Week 5

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Season So Far-week –Week 5

1st 4: Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, Clemson

2nd 4: Oklahoma, Notre Dame, LSU, West Virginia

3rd 4: Penn State, Auburn, Washington Stanford

Analysis: A drop by Clemson from 2 to 4 following the uncertainty of the QB position. Big wins by Ohio State and Notre Dame keep them in the playoff picture. LSU faces a brutal schedule in 3 of the next 4 weeks. A win in 2 of the 3 keeps them in the picture. Oklahoma and West Virginia could be for a playoff berth.

Playoff Teams: Alabama, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Notre Dame

Analysis: Alabama looks unbeatable. Ohio State won its toughest road game, but still has a few key games. Notre Dame will be favored In all remaining games. Clemson and Oklahoma could battle for the last position.

Most surprising: LSU, Kentucky, Colorado, Florida

Analysis: If LSU can survive the upcoming gauntlet, they will contend for a playoff berth. Kentucky is a major surprise and this week’s game at Texas AM should prove whether their real or not. Colorado has the meat of their schedule coming up, so they still have to prove themselves. Florida has made a comeback from previous years and faces a tough game with LSU this week.

Most disappointing: Nebraska, UCLA, and Arkansas.

Analysis: Nebraska continues to look bad on the field and is clearly one of the worst P-5 teams. UClA still can’t win a game and Arkansas is looking like the worst team in the SEC.

Heisman Trophy: Tua Tagovailoa, Kyler Murray, Will Grier, Dwayne Haskins

Analysis: Tua’s numbers are off the charts and Kyler Murray continues to chase him. Will Grier had another great week, while Haskins faded while facing the toughest opponent of the 4. Still anyone’s race and someone not listed can make a late rush.

Big 3 Games of the Week: Texas-Oklahoma, LSU-Florida, Notre Dame-Virginia Tech

Analysis: Oklahoma is driving towards the playoffs and I don’t think Texas has the horses to stop them. Upsets happen in this series, but Oklahoma 34-20, LSU should be the favorite in Florida. Florida had trouble scoring last week and this should remain the same. LSU 34 Florida 10. This could be one of the 2 biggest remaining tests for Notre Dame. They must avoid a letdown and should win by a score of 41-21.

Big games in October:, Florida-Georgia, Michigan St-Penn St, Clemson-North Carolina St, Colorado-Washington, Michigan-Wisconsin, Michigan-Michigan St, Oregon-Washington, Georgia-LSU

Analysis: As usual the playoff picture won’t clear up until the big Nov games. Georgia and LSU could be the biggest Oct game if both win their games this week. Michigan has a very tough schedule in Oct and if they are to be a Big 10 contender, must win games against Wisconsin and Michigan State.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've gotta get Clemson out of that first 4 group. Both ND and LSU are significantly more deserving.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've gotta get Clemson out of that first 4 group. Both ND and LSU are significantly more deserving.

Clemson fought back against adversity in the Syracuse game. Down to their 3rd string QB, they rallied to win. They also have a big win over Texas AM at Kyle Field.

I'll leave them at number 4 for at least one more week and see how they look on Saturday. At the moment, I don't have them in the playoffs.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson fought back against adversity in the Syracuse game. Down to their 3rd string QB, they rallied to win. They also have a big win over Texas AM at Kyle Field.

I'll leave them at number 4 for at least one more week and see how they look on Saturday. At the moment, I don't have them in the playoffs.
If OSU was down to their 3rd string QB against a team the level of Syracuse, I'd still expect a very comfortable win. Not 35-40 points, but I'd at least still expect to win by 20+. I can guarantee you Chase Brice was a higher rated recruit than Jon Wassink at Western Michigan, and that dude threw for 379 yards and 3 TDs against Syracuse this season, so there's no excuse for Clemson's inability to score and poor execution. Meanwhile, Notre Dame has two top 15 wins this year, and LSU is sitting on two top 20 wins this year, all four of which are significantly better than any win Clemson has.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was pretty evident Nebrasky was gonna have a tough time this year. I didnt think it would be THIS bad though.

Clemson is going to have to majorly crap the bed to lose even with the QB situation, don't think theyd get the 1 loss benefit of the doubt this year though with the QB situation.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If OSU was down to their 3rd string QB against a team the level of Syracuse, I'd still expect a very comfortable win. Not 35-40 points, but I'd at least still expect to win by 20+. I can guarantee you Chase Brice was a higher rated recruit than Jon Wassink at Western Michigan, and that dude threw for 379 yards and 3 TDs against Syracuse this season, so there's no excuse for Clemson's inability to score and poor execution. Meanwhile, Notre Dame has two top 15 wins this year, and LSU is sitting on two top 20 wins this year, all four of which are significantly better than any win Clemson has.

Good points. Brice however is not really familiar with his receivers or running the offense. That's a big difference between Brice and the guy from W Michigan.

Notice I don't have Clemson in my playoff picture and I do have Notre Dame. I excluded LSU because their schedule includes Georgia and Alabama, and to even beat 1 would be very difficult.

Also, Trevor Lawrence is not seriously injured and will be back this week.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good points. Brice however is not really familiar with his receivers or running the offense. That's a big difference between Brice and the guy from W Michigan.

Notice I don't have Clemson in my playoff picture and I do have Notre Dame. I excluded LSU because their schedule includes Georgia and Alabama, and to even beat 1 would be very difficult.

Also, Trevor Lawrence is not seriously injured and will be back this week.
The one saving grace for Clemson is that the best team left on their schedule is arguably NC State. While he is obviously very talented, though, Lawrence has been just alright. I expected him to be able to handle controlling this offense against the lower-tier teams (which has basically been their schedule up to this point), and he's only been impressive against Furman and Georgia Tech. I was already a bit hesitant on him based on his inability to beat out Kelly Bryant, but while I know he'll be great, he certainly still has some work to do.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one saving grace for Clemson is that the best team left on their schedule is arguably NC State. While he is obviously very talented, though, Lawrence has been just alright. I expected him to be able to handle controlling this offense against the lower-tier teams (which has basically been their schedule up to this point), and he's only been impressive against Furman and Georgia Tech. I was already a bit hesitant on him based on his inability to beat out Kelly Bryant, but while I know he'll be great, he certainly still has some work to do.

He's only a freshman and I think Sweeney would have been better served to leave Bryant as the starter and bring in Lawrence periodically. He'll have 2 more years to run the offense as the starter.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's only a freshman and I think Sweeney would have been better served to leave Bryant as the starter and bring in Lawrence periodically. He'll have 2 more years to run the offense as the starter.
I think if Bryant is the starter all year, they're probably a 1/2 loss team honestly. Lawrence's natural talent gives them their best chance. Bryant has long since hit his peak and was entirely tapped out. Might as well roll the dice with the kid and see what you have. That said, he was being touted as this generational talent, and so far it's been underwhelming. I understand he's a freshman, but their opponents have been not great.