• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 8 (MNF): Bears vs Vikings GAME THREAD

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QUOTE=anotheridiot,You are not in the meetings either, all you should look at is how nobody goes to Jay on the sidelines, he is usually alone, on the heated bench, with a microsoft surface. Thats all any of us can see, I know you have a better view since you are in his jock, but still, its clear if you want to see it.
So you're going with the homophobic rhetoric? Lovely... What's clear? That the guy spends a few seconds after a drive alone? SO WHAT? The fact you ALWAYS want to read into that as meaningful? GAAHHH the body language is bad!!!

as far as your last statement, How many times have I posted a three year plan? When you are three years from retirement and the company has paid you some 200 million dollars,

I've disagreed with your assessment that they needed to spend a high draft pick on a QB... Because, they still have Jay, they have MULTIPLE other needs, and the bust factor of 1st round QB's... I never said Don't draft a QB ever. My last statement was about your need for Jay to mentor his future replacement. I don't think ANYONE should be expected to do that.

paid top dollar so you had weapons, I think they deserve something more than I earned my keep. One playoff win does not earn anyone's keep.
WHAT ARE you talking about? What weapons? Where were all these defensive "weapons" when they were giving up 50 points a game? Forte, Marshall, Bennett all had career years WHILE playing with Jay Cutler!! But they didn't win either! WHY do you NEVER EVER EVER blame anyone else for poor playoff record of the past few years? Blame POOR drafting, TERRIBLE defense, Injuries, BAD BAD BAD coaching... nope it's just Jay's record. IT'S A FREAKING TEAM GAME!!

You dont want the team to waste a draft pick on a QB, you dont want them to play a drafted quarterback, what is your plan? Sign Eli Manning when Jay retires? Jake Tannehill? Rivers from the chargers? Andrew Luck? What is your plan to have a competent backup when your boy injures his pinky on his left (non throwing hand) next?

First it was a homophobic slur & now the "no toughness" argument? How much more meatball can you get? Are you going to use a fake Chicago accent and declare Ditka supreme leader next? I want them to draft SMART, find the RIGHT guy. Tell me WHO they should have drafted over the past 2 years that would have been the next starter? Who? I wouldn't have had a problem drafting a QB in the 3rd- IF there was one there... but once again- MULTIPLE OTHER NEEDS!!!!!!!!!

Hoyer padded your so loved stats for four 300 yard weeks in a row, is he your plan?

Wait...did he win? Or... was it a team game then?

You claim you are a bears fan, there is competition at every other position on this team and its been a decade of coach killing quarterback play.

More meatball... Coach Killing? So you still want those coaches? You still want: Turner, Martz, Tice, Trestman, Kromer? You would keep those guys over Jay? Should Brady have competition? Should Carr? Should Big Ben? Should Rodgers? Where is all this QB talent that you would put into a competition? You're so full of shit.

You have to have some idea for the future, I mean thats your job, preparing our future right? I am sure we would all appreciate your edumacation other than just saying everybody else is wrong.
Nah, just you. You're wrong. I like the direction the TEAM is going now. Injuries have stunted it, and losing Gase to a HC position was a set back, but it's going fine. They should draft a QB next year, and Jay will someday retire, get released or traded... Just like you didn't think they should trade their "best" playmakers in Marshall & Bennett... I DON'T think they should give up on their BETTER player Jay Cutler. 33 isn't old. He's under a team friendly contract for a STARTING QB. And MAYBE you should have listened to your teachers...it's spelled: education...you should get some.

Thats why it seems like all you want is Jay to prove you were right all along by a super bowl win, then back to the bottom of the division when he retires because there is no plan with a guy learning the system.

Wait, wait, wait... haha... so you would still be pissed if Jay WON a superbowl....(and I was proven right <that's already happened 100x's btw)... but after a Jay Cutler SB win they fall back down a bit after he retired....that's what your worried about now? HA you're truly are a weird dude.

I know I keep asking the same thing, but its just because you never answer.

I ALWAYS answer....it's not my fault you can't comprehend reason and sound judgement.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our entire division kind of sucks right now... I can't believe I'm saying this, but fuckin Detroit might have the road easiest traveled to winning the North. They have the easiest remaining schedule, and might be playing the best. Which is not saying much, but unlike GB and MIN... they don't really having glaring holes. They do most things serviceably.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QUOTE=anotheridiot,You are not in the meetings either, all you should look at is how nobody goes to Jay on the sidelines, he is usually alone, on the heated bench, with a microsoft surface. Thats all any of us can see, I know you have a better view since you are in his jock, but still, its clear if you want to see it.
So you're going with the homophobic rhetoric? Lovely... What's clear? That the guy spends a few seconds after a drive alone? SO WHAT? The fact you ALWAYS want to read into that as meaningful? GAAHHH the body language is bad!!!

as far as your last statement, How many times have I posted a three year plan? When you are three years from retirement and the company has paid you some 200 million dollars,

I've disagreed with your assessment that they needed to spend a high draft pick on a QB... Because, they still have Jay, they have MULTIPLE other needs, and the bust factor of 1st round QB's... I never said Don't draft a QB ever. My last statement was about your need for Jay to mentor his future replacement. I don't think ANYONE should be expected to do that.

paid top dollar so you had weapons, I think they deserve something more than I earned my keep. One playoff win does not earn anyone's keep.
WHAT ARE you talking about? What weapons? Where were all these defensive "weapons" when they were giving up 50 points a game? Forte, Marshall, Bennett all had career years WHILE playing with Jay Cutler!! But they didn't win either! WHY do you NEVER EVER EVER blame anyone else for poor playoff record of the past few years? Blame POOR drafting, TERRIBLE defense, Injuries, BAD BAD BAD coaching... nope it's just Jay's record. IT'S A FREAKING TEAM GAME!!

You dont want the team to waste a draft pick on a QB, you dont want them to play a drafted quarterback, what is your plan? Sign Eli Manning when Jay retires? Jake Tannehill? Rivers from the chargers? Andrew Luck? What is your plan to have a competent backup when your boy injures his pinky on his left (non throwing hand) next?

First it was a homophobic slur & now the "no toughness" argument? How much more meatball can you get? Are you going to use a fake Chicago accent and declare Ditka supreme leader next? I want them to draft SMART, find the RIGHT guy. Tell me WHO they should have drafted over the past 2 years that would have been the next starter? Who? I wouldn't have had a problem drafting a QB in the 3rd- IF there was one there... but once again- MULTIPLE OTHER NEEDS!!!!!!!!!

Hoyer padded your so loved stats for four 300 yard weeks in a row, is he your plan?

Wait...did he win? Or... was it a team game then?

You claim you are a bears fan, there is competition at every other position on this team and its been a decade of coach killing quarterback play.

More meatball... Coach Killing? So you still want those coaches? You still want: Turner, Martz, Tice, Trestman, Kromer? You would keep those guys over Jay? Should Brady have competition? Should Carr? Should Big Ben? Should Rodgers? Where is all this QB talent that you would put into a competition? You're so full of shit.

You have to have some idea for the future, I mean thats your job, preparing our future right? I am sure we would all appreciate your edumacation other than just saying everybody else is wrong.
Nah, just you. You're wrong. I like the direction the TEAM is going now. Injuries have stunted it, and losing Gase to a HC position was a set back, but it's going fine. They should draft a QB next year, and Jay will someday retire, get released or traded... Just like you didn't think they should trade their "best" playmakers in Marshall & Bennett... I DON'T think they should give up on their BETTER player Jay Cutler. 33 isn't old. He's under a team friendly contract for a STARTING QB. And MAYBE you should have listened to your teachers...it's spelled: education...you should get some.

Thats why it seems like all you want is Jay to prove you were right all along by a super bowl win, then back to the bottom of the division when he retires because there is no plan with a guy learning the system.

Wait, wait, wait... haha... so you would still be pissed if Jay WON a superbowl....(and I was proven right <that's already happened 100x's btw)... but after a Jay Cutler SB win they fall back down a bit after he retired....that's what your worried about now? HA you're truly are a weird dude.

I know I keep asking the same thing, but its just because you never answer.

I ALWAYS answer....it's not my fault you can't comprehend reason and sound judgement.
I don't klnow how you have the patience to first, read all that, and secondly break it into quotes and replay to each and every statement. I could never read all this meaninglessness in any format. I got two paragraphs in and realized I had retained none of it.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't klnow how you have the patience to first, read all that, and secondly break it into quotes and replay to each and every statement. I could never read all this meaninglessness in any format. I got two paragraphs in and realized I had retained none of it.
It's a couple things:
1. I was bored. It was a Sunday morning without a Bears game. And I was eating waffles and drinking coffee.
2. I like to mess with/prove him wrong. He deserves it. It's fun for me.
3. I can focus on details. It's what made me a teacher.
4. I don't have ADHD.
5. I care about the Chicago Bears.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a couple things:
1. I was bored. It was a Sunday morning without a Bears game. And I was eating waffles and drinking coffee.
2. I like to mess with/prove him wrong. He deserves it. It's fun for me.
3. I can focus on details. It's what made me a teacher.
4. I don't have ADHD.
5. I care about the Chicago Bears.
We have nothing in common

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like boobies

I think that's something we can all get behind, no?

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the substitute guards played better than the guards played all year, why not put Long back at right tackle?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the substitute guards played better than the guards played all year, why not put Long back at right tackle?

The guard play was quite good vs Minnesota. However, Long/Sitton were already playing extremely well and were regarded as one of the best tandems in the league. You're not just going to have your best offensive lineman switch positions mid-season.

The good news is, we have a very strong and apparently very deep interior O-line. We could be a tackle or two away this off-season from really becoming one of the league's best.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normally I would agree to not switching, but Long played end all last year so its not like putting a rookie in at center when he snapped the ball a dozen times in the preseason.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normally I would agree to not switching, but Long played end all last year so its not like putting a rookie in at center when he snapped the ball a dozen times in the preseason.

He played tackle, did not do so overly well and has not in a year. The O-line is playing well, and Long is clearly most comfortable at guard. Switching it up in that big of a way is quite silly.