• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 8 (MNF): Bears vs Vikings GAME THREAD

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't ask me why exactly, but I have a gut feeling we pull this game out. Clearly, we're all but officially out of the playoff hunt, so it won't much matter. However, I just think we see an inspired effort tonight from the defense versus an offense that has been exposed a bit recently, especially up front. They lack playmakers and are down to their 3rd RB now. I just think we're going to give ourselves a chance here.

WEATHER: 56 degrees, 14 MPH wind and 0% of precipitation

NAME
POSITION INJURY THU. FRI. SAT. GAME STATUS
Callahan, Bryce CB Hamstring DNP DNP DNP Questionable
Goldman, Eddie NT Ankle DNP DNP DNP Doubtful
Hall, Deiondre' CB Ankle DNP DNP DNP Out
Kwiatkoski, Nick ILB Illness DNP FP - -
Langford, Jeremy RB Ankle LP LP LP Questionable
Long, Kyle RG Tricep DNP DNP DNP Doubtful
McPhee, Pernell LB Knee LP LP LP Questionable
Meredith, Cameron WR Shoulder LP LP LP Questionable
Porter, Tracy CB Knee LP LP LP Questionable
Royal, Eddie WR Toe DNP DNP DNP Doubtful
Sitton, Josh LG Ankle DNP LP LP Questionable
Trevathan, Danny ILB Illness DNP DNP FP -

Minnesota Vikings
NAME POSITION INJURY THU. FRI. SAT. GAME STATUS
Barr, Anthony LB Ankle FP FP FP -
Boone, Alex G Shoulder/Knee LP FP FP -
Cole, Audie LB Finger LP LP FP -
Floyd, Sharrif DT Knee DNP DNP DNP Out
Kerin, Zac G Hand LP DNP DNP Out
McKinnon, Jerick RB Ankle DNP DNP DNP Out
Patterson, Cordarrelle WR Concussion DNP DNP LP Questionable
Pruitt, MyCole TE Knee LP LP LP Questionable
Sendejo, Andrew S Ankle DNP DNP DNP Out
Sherels, Marcus CB Wrist DNP DNP DNP Questionable
Sirles, Jeremiah T Knee FP FP FP -
Treadwell, Laquon WR Thumb FP FP FP -
Wright, Jarius WR Ankle LP LP LP Questionable

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rich are you seeing this? It feels like they haven't played in a month...

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can agree that it just feels like a Bears win. Cubs, Bulls, Blackhawks all won this weekend...Bears turn.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan Howard!! Nice little flip by JAY! (*yeah I'm gonna cheer my guy as long as he's here...which probably won't be for much longer)
What's up with Alshon? No jump, no look for ball, no want play?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course we found a way to hand a dominant half away. Jesus... what a disaster.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow... uncharacteristic, but the D stepped up huge there. Good to see.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TOUCHDOWN Alson Jeffery!!! JAY CUTLER!!! What is going on? Who told Gruden to knock-off his anti-Cutler bullshit...the past few years- it's completely different tonight.

Oh what could have been had we been healthy all year! This is the #1 DEFENSE... this is the #1 Defense? Wait...I thought this was the #1 Defense... HOW can the awful Jay Cutler be playing well against the #1 Defense? HAHAHA!!! I can't use this to defend Jay Cutler can I?

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game by everyone. Kush and Larsen stepped up big time. We play and coach like this from here on out, there is no game remaining that is unwinnable.

BEAR DOWN!

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game by everyone. Kush and Larsen stepped up big time. We play and coach like this from here on out, there is no game remaining that is unwinnable.

BEAR DOWN!

NYG, TB, TEN and SF upcoming. Most certainly winnable games. We'll be even healthier after the bye week. A little run of wins would not surprise me. Sucks we couldn't pull out those IND and JAX games. We'd be right in the thick of things at 4-4 and a half game back of NYG for the last WC spots, in a wide open NFC nonetheless.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2vcNmMr.gif

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TOUCHDOWN Alson Jeffery!!! JAY CUTLER!!! What is going on? Who told Gruden to knock-off his anti-Cutler bullshit...the past few years- it's completely different tonight.

Oh what could have been had we been healthy all year! This is the #1 DEFENSE... this is the #1 Defense? Wait...I thought this was the #1 Defense... HOW can the awful Jay Cutler be playing well against the #1 Defense? HAHAHA!!! I can't use this to defend Jay Cutler can I?

Jay played great after shaking off the rust early on tonight. Was awesome to see him getting hyped up and being cool to his teammates as well. Flashing the thumbs up to Loggains in the booth after good play calls. I think the injury and watching Hoyer play really made him appreciate what he has.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit...I haven't really heard Jeffrey talk much.

Jesus. Sounds like a coked up kid with aspergers ffs

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit...I haven't really heard Jeffrey talk much.

Jesus. Sounds like a coked up kid with aspergers ffs

Yeah. I was stunned at how socially awkward he was. I guess we know why he doesn't get much camera time now.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we go again, Jay Cutler throwing a wrench into the future QB talk again with a poised I am still here effort on national TV with no World series viewing competition. See, I told you the season was saved. If this Jay can embrace a three year plan with a draft choice instead of seeing a replacement..............

Kush and Larsen, Whitehair, extremely impressive. People were so jacked we got a cast away from Green Bay, but that prick coach up in green bay knows when its time to move on. I really dont know if it was the line or Howard, because it seemed like he was blowing thru holes that were about 6 inches wide when he hit them.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay played great after shaking off the rust early on tonight. Was awesome to see him getting hyped up and being cool to his teammates as well. Flashing the thumbs up to Loggains in the booth after good play calls. I think the injury and watching Hoyer play really made him appreciate what he has.

Been a pretty harsh critic of Cutler, but definitely liked what I saw tonight. Obviously helps everyone play calm and within the offense when the defense isn't giving up 30+ points, but really liked Jay tonight. Almost looked like (GASP!!) he was having fun out there?! ;)

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm speechless about the game last night. Where has this team been? Loggains called a masterful game. Vikings are a train wreck. Howard is for real. D front 7 played lights out. I'm... um... speechless.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, that game was fun to watch. They dominated all phases. Loggains called his best game as a playcaller, finally moving Jay around. O-line looked amazing. Jordan Howard is going to be a star in this league. Cutler is the ultimate tease, but last night's game showed how effective he can be, when the running game and playcalling is clicking, and everything isn't placed on his shoulders.

Most fun I've had watching the D, in God only knows how long. Akiem Hicks was a man among boys out there...completely dominant. Great to see McPhee out there...that boy is a crazed dawg.

This was the team I expected to see this year. I loved our offseason FA acquisitiojns, and thought we had one of better drafts in my lifetime. The NFL is fickle. A few plays here and there per game, is the difference between 2-6 and 6-2.

Let's hope they keep it rolling after the bye week.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey great game! I was one of 2 people that had Vcash on the Bears +4.5. I saw this as a Bears win

It was quite funny where there was over $19,000 of Vcash on the Vikes -4.5

I bet the under as well as I saw the Bears D has been ranked pretty high and with the MN offense one of the lower units in the league I didnt think many points would be scored in this one. About the only way MN can win is if the Defense scores a time or two each game and the Bears not giving them the turnovers and Cutler playing good with your running back having a good day gave you a good win.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • After the game, everyone to a man, had something to say about Jay's pep talk the night before. No leadership?
  • I've always brought up injuries as a reason the team wasn't playing well... and now that we ALMOST (*which is really amazing that we should get even better with Goldman coming back) have our full DLine (minus Houston) back. 5 sacks!!
  • I'm still concerned about the extremely young DB's but that was inspired Defense! Some turnovers are going to come if they can continue to get that much pressure.
  • Loggins had his best game as a Bears coach. Just imagine if Alshon had caught those other two TD passes
  • Let's look at the decision to dump Marty Bennett? Zach Miller has 40 catches for 393 yards, a 9.8-yard-per-catch average, and three touchdowns. And after eight games, Martellus Bennett has 31 catches for 402 yards, a 13.0-yard-per-catch average, and four touchdowns. Miller is trending up; Bennett is trending down. His average is lower, but he's def. trending UP!
  • I said in the preseason that Howard was going to be a gamer. That was a coming out party against a top Defense. Love it!
They have some very winnable games moving forward. Hope they can continue to get healthy and stay positive. At least it will give us something to cheer for after the Cubs win tonight!