• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 8 (MNF): Bears vs Vikings GAME THREAD

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Cutler can keep producing like this, keep him around to mentor some young QBs. I stress the plurality of QBs. We need to be drafting one in the first two days of the next three drafts and then take the best as starter. That's how you get an All Pro caliber QB. Not drafting one every 5-10 years. I seriously hope that's what the consultant says that they brought in to inform the owners why they suck so bad all the time.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm speechless about the game last night. Where has this team been? Loggains called a masterful game. Vikings are a train wreck. Howard is for real. D front 7 played lights out. I'm... um... speechless.

I think we saw this team in the GB game defensively. They just burned out being on the field so much.

Really makes you wonder what could have been if we didn't get ravaged with injuries so early on. Even if we just could have grabbed one of those two games vs JAX or IND. We'd have some life in a wide open NFC playoff picture, and a lighter schedule coming up.

Looking forward to watching the defense in the second half. That front seven is finally starting to look like I thought it would.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Cutler can keep producing like this, keep him around to mentor some young QBs. I stress the plurality of QBs. We need to be drafting one in the first two days of the next three drafts and then take the best as starter. That's how you get an All Pro caliber QB. Not drafting one every 5-10 years. I seriously hope that's what the consultant says that they brought in to inform the owners why they suck so bad all the time.

I would be hosed for saying this, but it truly is the missing piece. How many times have I said it, no backups around cutler on the sideline, nobody he trusted enough that he would listen to about what they saw from the sidelines. Its simple stuff, the safety is cheating, the linebackers are focused on the backfield. He only trusted McNown. We saw a matured cutler on Monday night, at least one that mentoring his replacement might actually be embraced as long as he sees it as a three year plan.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be hosed for saying this, but it truly is the missing piece. How many times have I said it, no backups around cutler on the sideline, nobody he trusted enough that he would listen to about what they saw from the sidelines. Its simple stuff, the safety is cheating, the linebackers are focused on the backfield. He only trusted McNown. We saw a matured cutler on Monday night, at least one that mentoring his replacement might actually be embraced as long as he sees it as a three year plan.

Here's my thing with the stance that he's a brat er' what have you? It's all hearsay and conjecture. It's always from players on their way out. Those same players laud him when they are a part of the team. Media is sensationalism, and that sensationalism is heightened in your major cities, i.e. NY, Chicago, etc. We hear good stuff every year about Jay's leadership in the offseason, this that and the other, but come regular season, the wolves dig in and critique every nuance of his goddamned facial expressions. It's hard for me to believe that all these coaches and GM's risk their jobs just to cater to Jay. I think it's more likely, that they are doing what they think is best for the team, which in turn would also be what's best for them.

As far as his play is concerned...run the ball well, have good play-calling and play good D, and he can be as effective as any QB in the league. Don't do those things, and he tends to try to do it all himself, and that leads to bad-Jay. Same as it does for EVERY QB that's ever played the game.

I hope we draft a couple QB's this next draft, but I also hope we hang onto Jay.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of the GM is not wanting to get rid of him so he finally finds his potential at his next stop, and other GM's seeing the past 10 years. I still think the game would be much easier if he would use this strong arm to throw deep often, but he really has lost that touch of the deep ball. It would really open that intermediate and running game and make the offense easier. He really just needs to hit one and it should cover three weeks of misses. Monday was either a new Jay or the real one finally came out. Bottom line, worst fucking week for this team to have a bye week.

Did you see Turner resigned as the offensive coordinator due to "irreconcilable differences" with Zimmer after the loss?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of the GM is not wanting to get rid of him so he finally finds his potential at his next stop, and other GM's seeing the past 10 years. I still think the game would be much easier if he would use this strong arm to throw deep often, but he really has lost that touch of the deep ball. It would really open that intermediate and running game and make the offense easier. He really just needs to hit one and it should cover three weeks of misses. Monday was either a new Jay or the real one finally came out. Bottom line, worst fucking week for this team to have a bye week.

Did you see Turner resigned as the offensive coordinator due to "irreconcilable differences" with Zimmer after the loss?

I did, tho it seems like there is more to it, as Zimmer almost looked like he was in tears over it. Norv's getting up there in years...maybe health had something to do with it.

They will be better off IMO. Norv's system is very dated.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing that stuck out to me was the end of the 2nd quarter.
Vikings had just kicked a field goal, leaving 29 seconds on the clock.

How many times have we seen the Bears get the kick off, then take a knee to end the quarter?

Not this time.
They moved the ball and threw a hail Mary to end the half.
Those last 29 seconds speak volumes to me.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did, tho it seems like there is more to it, as Zimmer almost looked like he was in tears over it. Norv's getting up there in years...maybe health had something to do with it.

They will be better off IMO. Norv's system is very dated.

It's coming out that Norv has issues in his personal life that led to his resignation more than anything. Of course, the media ran with the more exciting "offensive philosophical conflict" story.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing that stuck out to me was the end of the 2nd quarter.
Vikings had just kicked a field goal, leaving 29 seconds on the clock.

How many times have we seen the Bears get the kick off, then take a knee to end the quarter?

Not this time.
They moved the ball and threw a hail Mary to end the half.
Those last 29 seconds speak volumes to me.

Yeah, sometimes when you're a heavy underdog and feel like you have nothing to lose. It really brings the best out of you. Vikings fell down early and started pressing, the Bears kept it fast and loose. Nearly got some points out of it too. Miller did a hell of a job getting to the sideline with one second left to allow a shot at a hail mary. If they weren't at Soldier Field (one of the toughest places to kick)... they were within range to try a long field goal. Barth had his struggles early this year, but he has boomed some long ones in his career.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next four out of the bye:

at TB
at NYG
vs TEN
vs SF

Am I nuts for thinking we have a shot at reeling off a couple wins? Have to think we have a shot in all of those games, especially seeing as we get even more healthy with Goldman, Hall and Royal coming back. I think our two guards in Long/Sitton as well.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next four out of the bye:

at TB
at NYG
vs TEN
vs SF

Am I nuts for thinking we have a shot at reeling off a couple wins? Have to think we have a shot in all of those games, especially seeing as we get even more healthy with Goldman, Hall and Royal coming back. I think our two guards in Long/Sitton as well.

The bears just beat the best defense in football without Long and Sitton. Kush and Larsen gelled immediately. Royal usually has one or two big games a year. He is almost like Tracy Porter. Maybe they finally got the right guys on the offensive line now. Maybe Jay locks onto Royal on third down again. You gotta take the good with the injuries.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bears just beat the best defense in football without Long and Sitton. Kush and Larsen gelled immediately. Royal usually has one or two big games a year. He is almost like Tracy Porter. Maybe they finally got the right guys on the offensive line now. Maybe Jay locks onto Royal on third down again. You gotta take the good with the injuries.

Yeah, dare I say that I am actually looking forward to the Bears next game? I truly do want to see if Monday Night was just a matter of everything falling our way, or if this team has gotten healthy and turned a bit of a corner. I have to think the morale will be high coming out of the bye. Tampa, on the other hand, has really struggled. They could be without Evans, and we could wreak havoc on Jameis who has been battered around a bit.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, dare I say that I am actually looking forward to the Bears next game? I truly do want to see if Monday Night was just a matter of everything falling our way, or if this team has gotten healthy and turned a bit of a corner. I have to think the morale will be high coming out of the bye. Tampa, on the other hand, has really struggled. They could be without Evans, and we could wreak havoc on Jameis who has been battered around a bit.

Looks like they could be without Winston too. I haven't seen the updates yet, but he took a SHOT last nite, late. Looked like his knee got twisted pretty good, and if he didn't get get concussed by that hit, I'd be shocked.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Course, he does get 2 weeks to overcome it tho.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Course, he does get 2 weeks to overcome it tho.

Yeah, we kind of got screwed over that way. The week we come off of a bye, we go on the road to see a team playing their 3rd straight home game and are coming off a week and a half break themselves.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, we kind of got screwed over that way. The week we come off of a bye, we go on the road to see a team playing their 3rd straight home game and are coming off a week and a half break themselves.

Yup, normally I'd say a bye at exactly the midway point is perfect, but of course with our luck, we hit it right as we're the hottest we've been all season.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, it will be three sundays in a row without a loss!!

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There you go again, believing the bullshit. This narrative you have in your head that Jay's the bad guy who doesn't want anyone to take his job, and feels threatened by anyone with potential talent on the roster. YOU have no idea what's going on inside those QB meeting rooms, on the sideline (*except of course your 4 second camera pan of him, OMG he's NOT Talking to anyone!!! What a jerk!!)
And I gotta say it's pretty funny that Jay "only trusted" a guy who's been out of the NFL for 14 years and someone he never played with! LOL... oh you mean Josh McCown... Gotcha. Just messing with you! but that's funny that you would still screw that up.

Here's the non-hater version of your narrative: Jay Cutler is the better QB. He's been described many times, by multiple coaches as having a high football IQ. I don't think he needs a backup to come tell him the safety was cheating or the LB was focused on the backfield... he trusted his arm to try something anyway. Maybe because they were down by 15 due to REALLY bad defense (2013) or he was "trying to make a play" or he was sacked 5x's already that day and finally had a chance to throw a ball, or he simply didn't see the guy, nobody's perfect. Call that a dumb decision or call it a gutsy gunslinger... it's all in your perspective.

Why do you insist on this need to "mentor" his replacement? THIS whole idea is completely STUPID IMO... if your boss came to you, and said...Listen Idiot, I just hired this kid...he doesn't know anything, but could you show him the ropes so he can replace you in the next year or two? How would you feel?

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There you go again, believing the bullshit. This narrative you have in your head that Jay's the bad guy who doesn't want anyone to take his job, and feels threatened by anyone with potential talent on the roster. YOU have no idea what's going on inside those QB meeting rooms, on the sideline (*except of course your 4 second camera pan of him, OMG he's NOT Talking to anyone!!! What a jerk!!)
And I gotta say it's pretty funny that Jay "only trusted" a guy who's been out of the NFL for 14 years and someone he never played with! LOL... oh you mean Josh McCown... Gotcha. Just messing with you! but that's funny that you would still screw that up.

Here's the non-hater version of your narrative: Jay Cutler is the better QB. He's been described many times, by multiple coaches as having a high football IQ. I don't think he needs a backup to come tell him the safety was cheating or the LB was focused on the backfield... he trusted his arm to try something anyway. Maybe because they were down by 15 due to REALLY bad defense (2013) or he was "trying to make a play" or he was sacked 5x's already that day and finally had a chance to throw a ball, or he simply didn't see the guy, nobody's perfect. Call that a dumb decision or call it a gutsy gunslinger... it's all in your perspective.

Why do you insist on this need to "mentor" his replacement? THIS whole idea is completely STUPID IMO... if your boss came to you, and said...Listen Idiot, I just hired this kid...he doesn't know anything, but could you show him the ropes so he can replace you in the next year or two? How would you feel?

You are not in the meetings either, all you should look at is how nobody goes to Jay on the sidelines, he is usually alone, on the heated bench, with a microsoft surface. Thats all any of us can see, I know you have a better view since you are in his jock, but still, its clear if you want to see it.

as far as your last statement, How many times have I posted a three year plan? When you are three years from retirement and the company has paid you some 200 million dollars, paid top dollar so you had weapons, I think they deserve something more than I earned my keep. One playoff win does not earn anyone's keep.

You dont want the team to waste a draft pick on a QB, you dont want them to play a drafted quarterback, what is your plan? Sign Eli Manning when Jay retires? Jake Tannehill? Rivers from the chargers? Andrew Luck? What is your plan to have a competent backup when your boy injures his pinky on his left (non throwing hand) next? Hoyer padded your so loved stats for four 300 yard weeks in a row, is he your plan? You claim you are a bears fan, there is competition at every other position on this team and its been a decade of coach killing quarterback play. You have to have some idea for the future, I mean thats your job, preparing our future right? I am sure we would all appreciate your edumacation other than just saying everybody else is wrong. Thats why it seems like all you want is Jay to prove you were right all along by a super bowl win, then back to the bottom of the division when he retires because there is no plan with a guy learning the system.

I know I keep asking the same thing, but its just because you never answer.