• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 6: Rams @ Texans

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texans are a mess right now and have acutally scored fewer points than the Rams. However I still think they win the game especially at home. I don't know that the Rams will have answers for Watt or Johnson but Shaub may give them a few turnovers. If they can force some turnovers (which I'm expecting) they will stay in the game but I'll say 27-24 Texans.

Rams also can't have the dumb penalties on special teams. They can't keep starting from their own 15 yard line and what is it about fair catch interference they can't seem to understand.

Also, Fisher likes to run the ball and play good defense and it appears they can't seem to do either. They need to get that stuff fixed in a hurry becaus they do have a few winnable games on the schedule. Hopefully they clean things up this week. It would be nice to steal a win on the road. I don't see it happening but it would be nice.

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How come no one is talking about Sams enormous salary?? We should be talking about how much bang for the buck we are getting compaired to other high paid guys. Im not saying we should get rid of the guy. Heck most players that want to win will willingly take a pay cut so that his team can go out and sign some talent. To me Sam isnt willing because he is in it for the $$. He is silently crippling this team with his huge salary and its just going to get worse the next 2 years. Dont get me wrong, I do think Sam can make this team better, he doesnt turn the ball over that much. But there is NO FREAKIN WAY he should be getting the jingle he's getting......NO FREAKIN WAY!! Sure its not his fault it ended up that way, but he can make it right if he wants to win!! God Dam it Sam redo your contract !!

His salary is what it is. They've been stuck with that since they drafted him. It will be coming to an end soon so for his sake he'd better start earning the big $$$$$.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do the Rams always come up against an opponent that lost the week before? :gaah:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How come no one is talking about Sams enormous salary?? We should be talking about how much bang for the buck we are getting compaired to other high paid guys. Im not saying we should get rid of the guy. Heck most players that want to win will willingly take a pay cut so that his team can go out and sign some talent. To me Sam isnt willing because he is in it for the $$. He is silently crippling this team with his huge salary and its just going to get worse the next 2 years. Dont get me wrong, I do think Sam can make this team better, he doesnt turn the ball over that much. But there is NO FREAKIN WAY he should be getting the jingle he's getting......NO FREAKIN WAY!! Sure its not his fault it ended up that way, but he can make it right if he wants to win!! God Dam it Sam redo your contract !!
Zeke, you think this and you don't think we should get rid of the guy?

Hell if I thought that I would want him out pronto!

No ifs, ands or butts!

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams also can't have the dumb penalties on special teams. They can't keep starting from their own 15 yard line and what is it about fair catch interference they can't seem to understand.

Also, Fisher likes to run the ball and play good defense and it appears they can't seem to do either. They need to get that stuff fixed in a hurry becaus they do have a few winnable games on the schedule. Hopefully they clean things up this week. It would be nice to steal a win on the road. I don't see it happening but it would be nice.

I forgot about Foster. They at least need to find a way to contain him. Just don't let him go off for 150+

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Sam tripped over jake longs foot... Pansy move Vita. The guy is a wuss on a good day. Against Houston's D? Lmao. It will be like the San Fran game watch.

How do you homers think we will score in this game? The D will get a pick 6 to get the offense started? I swear you homers crack my shit up.

This is NOT Jax at home people. :L

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some of you are just in flat-out denial. If you really think that Houston is going to lose to the Rams you're absolutely crazy retarded insane and need to seek serious homer addiction ASAP.

Please let's make a bet - all of you. If Houston wins, you change your Av to my choice for 2 weeks ( will be a ratard with a helmet on). If the Rams win, I will STFU and not dog Bradford for as many weeks as people that bet me. Not 1 negative joke or anything will be said.

I'm tired of arguing w you delusional, boner loving Oklahoma QB pansies.

Please understand I'm a very sarcastic person, so don't think I really hate anyone. But this QB in STL is driving me nucking futs. And you fruit cakes are not helping.

See my new thread. I want to keep track of all of you.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do the Rams always come up against an opponent that lost the week before? :gaah:
This. We are going to get the Texans' A game give/take Owen Daniels

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some of you are just in flat-out denial. If you really think that Houston is going to lose to the Rams you're absolutely crazy retarded insane and need to seek serious homer addiction ASAP.
Sure. Houston has a better oline, running back, #1 wide receiver, d line and secondary than St Louis.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeke, you think this and you don't think we should get rid of the guy?

No ifs, ands or butts!

If he's not willing to rstructure and he continues to struggle, then by all means dump the guy, take the loss and move to the next guy. Sam is due 27 mill over the next 2 years. There is NO WAY he is worth that. The only way we can improve is through the draft, nothing else. We will still struggle for the remainder of his massive contract.

Look at the 49ers/Seahawks, their QBs are making minimal dollars and they were able to bring in big name free agents during the offseason. Thanks to Bradford/Finegan we didnt bring in anyone.

On the otherhand, if he is willing to restructure then by all means keep him and give him some more help. Get another young qb for a little healthy competition

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sea/SF also have mobile QBs. Russell is a smart cookie with a few good RBs and a stout D.

Game manager. Lol

May be tough to win the Super Bowl but definitely will win ballgames and be a force. Are they the old Tampa bay with Dilfer?? Who knows. Obviously SF has already been to a Super Bowl with Kaep

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dont you remember back in the Greatest Show days when Kurt Warner at the last minute would redue his contract just so we could resign someone or bring in a new guy?? Kurt never made the kind of money that Bradford is making. Kurt knew that he had something special, so I believe he wanted to keep it in tact by restructuring. Sam needs to realize in order to make it in this league he needs to surround himself with multiple elite players. Right now we have none, because 6 of our highest paid players cant even make the Pro Bowl. This is a team of 53 players, 1 guy should not acount for 1/10th of the teams salary cap. Thats just plain BS.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His salary is what it is. They've been stuck with that since they drafted him. It will be coming to an end soon so for his sake he'd better start earning the big $$$$$.

Sam is uder contract for 2 more years. He is due 27 mill in 2014/2015. The only way its gonna come to and end soon is if we dump him.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dont you remember back in the Greatest Show days when Kurt Warner at the last minute would redue his contract just so we could resign someone or bring in a new guy?? Kurt never made the kind of money that Bradford is making. Kurt knew that he had something special, so I believe he wanted to keep it in tact by restructuring. Sam needs to realize in order to make it in this league he needs to surround himself with multiple elite players. Right now we have none, because 6 of our highest paid players cant even make the Pro Bowl. This is a team of 53 players, 1 guy should not acount for 1/10th of the teams salary cap. Thats just plain BS.

To be honest, no I don't remember. I did follow the Rams at that time, I just wasn't into the cap aspects back then as we all are now. The internet has made that a lot easier for us all to follow along.

I think he will restructure his deal one more time with a huge final year in his deal. This makes him a prime candidate to become a cap casualty if the Rams don't turn the corner next season. I say this however he may just take that pay cut if he the Rams still view him as their QB moving forward and promise a good FA deal in turn the following year.

By the way, I commented because I don't think he's in it for the money but he's not stupid.

He took what the market will bear and that is what most everyone in America would do given similar circumstances.

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam is uder contract for 2 more years. He is due 27 mill in 2014/2015. The only way its gonna come to and end soon is if we dump him.

I thought he only had 1 more year left after this one.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vita,
You hit the nail right on the head in regards to this whole thing with Bradford. He took the contract that was offered based on the market at the time. I do think none of us would be as upset about things if Bradford had Cam Newton's or Andrew Luck's contract. Still upset, but not as bad.
I do not blame Bradford for taking the money. If another radio station came to me and said " we are going to double your salary, buy you a house, buy you a dog and put your kids through college" I would say "where do I sign?".
I understand he has underperformed compared to other #1 picks, but it is not about the money per se....