• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 6: Bears vs Jags

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the funniest part of the broadcast was putting barths field goal range as the bears needed to get to the 41. Bears need to get to the 25 to be in his range, maybe the 20.

Meredith is a big receiver, but man he goes down easy. Looks like he is looking for a way to go down when the catches the ball. Jeffrey got looks in the second half, but disappeared again. I was listening to the bear call, and a screen to Meredith, Alshon was just standing on the side line. They also pointed out that holding call on Howard was an unbelievable block by him, it was so amazing that the ref just had to think he cheated.

The personal foul on Young for touching Bortles helmet was another terrible call. Refs were bad on both sides, but the bears looked more like the team that was afraid they would have gotten called for penalties and stopped playing.

Oh well, Hoyer did not get in the record books by throwing 4 straight 300 yard games

Hoyer threw for 302 yards. So yes he did.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the Colts-Texans.
Texans look putrid. Can't believe we lost to them.

As for the Bears, I don't understand the love for Hoyer?
I mean, he's just ok. Am I missing something?
Media seems to love this guy. His stats are ok, but to me he doesn't pass the eye test.
His passes are not accurate IMO. Especially anything beyond 7 yards.

Still I blame these losses on the play-calling.
Drives seem to stall for stupid reasons.
We string together a few nice similar plays. Then decide to change it up!
Keep using the plays that work until they stop us.
Classic definition of "we beat ourselves."

We have a banged up line, we're down to a back-up everybody... I just don't understand why we can't adjust offensive formations to make up for a lack of talent in spots?
Other NFL teams with poor O-lines or weak areas in their offense seem to create plays to hide those flaws?
At least the good teams do.

Never a good sign when your hometown team has to literally play flawless football to win games.
I think I'm done now.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoyer is not Jay. He is the poster boy for running the system and still racking up yardage. He keeps the game close because he does not turn the ball over due to interceptions from poor decisions. First half he made some pretty throws, fourth quarter he missed terribly.

I dont see the love for him, Hub Arkish hates him, but most fans are really learning what this system is, pass to set up the run. Last year the excuse was, the bears are always behind, the defense sucks, they HAVE to throw the ball. This year, they have the lead, they still throw the ball. The game is close, they throw the ball. They are always going to throw the ball.

The D line is banged up, but when Sitton went down for good in the fourth, it was the first time all year a different offensive line ran a play with Larsen in left guard. Sitton went down in the first half and got up slow, he was hobbled all day and it showed since the Jags won the line of scrimmage battle.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe I'm typing this, but I could actually see Jay back on the field when healthy enough to play.

Hoyer has done an admiral job, but the Offense's inability to finish drives by getting in the endzone is officially killing us.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:facepalm5:

Nothing more needs to be said

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe I'm typing this, but I could actually see Jay back on the field when healthy enough to play.

Hoyer has done an admiral job, but the Offense's inability to finish drives by getting in the endzone is officially killing us.

Yeah, I think Jay actually gets the job back now. The amount of drives that stall in opposing territory and in the red zone is completely unacceptable. Hoyer's play is directly correlated with that.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine Cutler getting benched after no picks and being the first quarterback in bear history to throw 4 300 yard games in a row.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine Cutler getting benched after no picks and being the first quarterback in bear history to throw 4 300 yard games in a row.

Throwing for 300 yards is not an accomplishment in this day and age. Not in the least. Passing yardage is a rather irrelevant stat. I don't think anyone has ever even mentioned Jay's yardage being a problem or a plus for him. Not to mention, if Hoyer didn't throw for 300 yards with how many times he tossed the ball in these games. It would be a sin. If Hoyer threw an INT in the simplified, low risk game plan he was running. It would also be a sin.

Give me the QB who actually inspires hope that we might put points on the scoreboard. Not the QB who will average 17 points per week, and pawn off the responsibility of winning the football game on every other member of the active roster.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Cutler probably gets one more shot now when healthy.

That said... rich, you have some inexplicable hard-on for Cutler. Last phrase I would EVER use to describe Cutler: "Inspires Hope"... LOL!!!

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throwing for 300 yards is not an accomplishment in this day and age. Not in the least. Passing yardage is a rather irrelevant stat. I don't think anyone has ever even mentioned Jay's yardage being a problem or a plus for him. Not to mention, if Hoyer didn't throw for 300 yards with how many times he tossed the ball in these games. It would be a sin. If Hoyer threw an INT in the simplified, low risk game plan he was running. It would also be a sin.

Give me the QB who actually inspires hope that we might put points on the scoreboard. Not the QB who will average 17 points per week, and pawn off the responsibility of winning the football game on every other member of the active roster.

It was always an accomplishment for Joey, well unless anyone but Cutler did it.

Part of the problem is this team cant just consider getting to the 45 gives Robbie a chance. They are under way more pressure considering they now need to get to the 20 for Barth to have a chance.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was always an accomplishment for Joey, well unless anyone but Cutler did it.

Part of the problem is this team cant just consider getting to the 45 gives Robbie a chance. They are under way more pressure considering they now need to get to the 20 for Barth to have a chance.

Get my name off your keyboard!! It's funny how when I would comment on Jay's stats in losses, you would be the first to point out how it didn't matter and it was "garbage" time. ... but now you're using the 300 yard thing to defend Hoyer...in losses... It's just funny.
Jay will probably get his job back when he's healthy. Both Hoyer and Cutler are not the future of the Chicago Bears. (*that makes me sad) it's probably just time.
After a 1-5 start and what looks more likely to be a 1-7 start... I don't see why they wouldn't continue the full rebuild.
If all key players were healthy and playing like I/we believed they could... I think we would have seen Jay stick around... but it looks more and more likely he's gone.
Hope for the best in whoever they pick to be the next fan hated, second guessed, vilified, franchise QB. It's coming... promise.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not defending Hoyer buddy, just one of the special olympic records that is left that Jay does not hold.

I just hope the next "franchise" one does not skate for almost a decade with one playoff win.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not defending Hoyer buddy, just one of the special olympic records that is left that Jay does not hold.

I just hope the next "franchise" one does not skate for almost a decade with one playoff win.
Kinda like... um...the WHOLE TEAM? But yeah...it's all the QB's fault!! SMH. How many Playoff wins did Peppers, Forte, Marshall, Bennett... have?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda like... um...the WHOLE TEAM? But yeah...it's all the QB's fault!! SMH. How many Playoff wins did Peppers, Forte, Marshall, Bennett... have?

Well... Peppers has been to a Super Bowl and won numerous playoff games.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Cutler probably gets one more shot now when healthy.

That said... rich, you have some inexplicable hard-on for Cutler. Last phrase I would EVER use to describe Cutler: "Inspires Hope"... LOL!!!

I think you're mistaking me for Joey. I've been critical of Cutler on here a lot this year.

And yes... at least Cutler gives you hope that you have the ability to put up points on the scoreboard and beat a decent opponent. Where as with Hoyer you can simply hope he doesn't lose you the game. How the fuck could you even argue that? lol

That wasn't an endorsement of Cutler, by now we all know his downfalls. My point was, that with Cutler. At least you have somebody out there who you know CAN make all the throws and CAN make big plays.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was really surprised reading that Hoyer has 6 TD's over this stretch of 0 interceptions, I didnt think he threw any.

Yeah, I guess thats because thats all you do is put it on your guy to hike up the big boy pants and keep you hard all three hours he plays. Nobody else matters, even when Marshall, Bennett and Forte put their lives on the line to stop, jump and catch a throw in the area code they were in for your guy to pad those stats.

Look at the throws from Hoyer, its over thrown to protect them, or thrown before the break on time. Thats what a quarterback is supposed to do.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was really surprised reading that Hoyer has 6 TD's over this stretch of 0 interceptions, I didnt think he threw any.

Yeah, I guess thats because thats all you do is put it on your guy to hike up the big boy pants and keep you hard all three hours he plays. Nobody else matters, even when Marshall, Bennett and Forte put their lives on the line to stop, jump and catch a throw in the area code they were in for your guy to pad those stats.

Look at the throws from Hoyer, its over thrown to protect them, or thrown before the break on time. Thats what a quarterback is supposed to do.

This is another one of your absolute baseless claims. Hoyer missed on plenty of throws Sunday, and Cutler has hit plenty right on the money. You always pick carefully what you see and don't see.

Have you figured out what a back shoulder throw is yet? Last time we checked, you had not.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is another one of your absolute baseless claims. Hoyer missed on plenty of throws Sunday, and Cutler has hit plenty right on the money. You always pick carefully what you see and don't see.

Have you figured out what a back shoulder throw is yet? Last time we checked, you had not.

I know what a back shoulder throw is, I saw Rodgers and Payton Manning throw them all the time!

You are the one that claims Jay knows how to throw them, and yeah, I said Hoyer missed throws on purpose because there is a safety ready to clean the clock of the receiver. You are arguing with something you agree with now? Its called protecting your team mate, not putting him in position to take punishment when the throw is not going to get the first down anyway. Jay does not give a fuck, how much more proof than this past decade do you need?