• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 6: Bears vs Jags

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between the cub talk, there is little respect for this team who's only win was against that team that just beat us last week.
Jags O line is a sieve, D Line should be able to get home
Biggest worry is will all the talk at missing Alshon last week have Hoyer focused on only using Alshon against their best CB or continue to spread it around

and Connor Barth is still be bears place kicker......

I think the consensus is more of why did they stop feeding Howard the ball in the running game.

Lets hope its closer to a 40-20 TOP game for the bears and hitting on all cylinders.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between the cub talk, there is little respect for this team who's only win was against that team that just beat us last week.
Jags O line is a sieve, D Line should be able to get home
Biggest worry is will all the talk at missing Alshon last week have Hoyer focused on only using Alshon against their best CB or continue to spread it around

and Connor Barth is still be bears place kicker......

I think the consensus is more of why did they stop feeding Howard the ball in the running game.

Lets hope its closer to a 40-20 TOP game for the bears and hitting on all cylinders.

This x10...

No idea why he only ran the ball 16 times. Especially when we'd get inside their 20 or so. We seemed to give up so easily down there. I swear they really had no answer for our run game. Really think if we would have committed to it more, than a few of those FG drives turn into TD's and eventually a W for us. That loss stung, really felt like we couldn't catch a break and handed it away.

Oh well...

IMO, at home this is a game we are more than capable of winning. We'll see yet again another team we should run on, and another defense Hoyer can be efficient against. Offensively, they really struggle to run and if we can keep Bortles from making too many plays with his legs. Get to him and force a couple turnovers. It could be ours to lose.

I've got a decent feeling about this one. I think the guys know they really need it with GB and MIN upcoming, because if we drop this one this season could REALLY get out of hand.

I think we put together a full game for the first time this season, while also posting 30+ for the first time. Bears 31 Jags 23. Howard with two scores on the ground. Alshon also finally gets in the end zone with a strong outing.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line for me is Hoyer is a backup quarterback, so preseason, weeks 1 and 2 practices, he is throwing the ball to howard, bellamy, merideth, paulsen. While Cutty is throwing to Langford, Jeffrey and whichever tight end was starting. So you get in a game, those are the players you have more chemistry with. Now week three of being first team in practice, he is throwing more to Jeffrey, but in all honesty, Jeffrey bolts this offseason to warmer climates, we need to know what we have. Meredith is not a number 1, but neither was Jeffrey when Marshall was here. We found Jeffrey should be able to be a number 1 when we still had a number 1. Its time to see what we will have left if they dont pay Alshon 16 million per year and spreading the ball around to the receiver who has single coverage is just common sense football when you do not have the rifle arm to throw thru bodies of cornerbacks.

Yes, Alshon had the single coverage, he beat the CB and was open for a touchdown. But the way that game went, the bears should have had 4 touchdowns and that one play should not have mattered like it is. But if Alshon is targeted 15 times for 100 yards and other receivers are getting no attempts, Hoyer is not doing his job.

It just really pissed me off hearing the claimed experts saying feed Jeffrey. What sense does that make when other players are involved, the coach just stopped calling the running plays.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line for me is Hoyer is a backup quarterback, so preseason, weeks 1 and 2 practices, he is throwing the ball to howard, bellamy, merideth, paulsen. While Cutty is throwing to Langford, Jeffrey and whichever tight end was starting. So you get in a game, those are the players you have more chemistry with. Now week three of being first team in practice, he is throwing more to Jeffrey, but in all honesty, Jeffrey bolts this offseason to warmer climates, we need to know what we have. Meredith is not a number 1, but neither was Jeffrey when Marshall was here. We found Jeffrey should be able to be a number 1 when we still had a number 1. Its time to see what we will have left if they dont pay Alshon 16 million per year and spreading the ball around to the receiver who has single coverage is just common sense football when you do not have the rifle arm to throw thru bodies of cornerbacks.

Yes, Alshon had the single coverage, he beat the CB and was open for a touchdown. But the way that game went, the bears should have had 4 touchdowns and that one play should not have mattered like it is. But if Alshon is targeted 15 times for 100 yards and other receivers are getting no attempts, Hoyer is not doing his job.

It just really pissed me off hearing the claimed experts saying feed Jeffrey. What sense does that make when other players are involved, the coach just stopped calling the running plays.

Yeah, I haven't lived in Chicago since the 2014 season, but I hear the media is really on Hoyer for not getting the ball to Jeffery more.

As far as Alshon's future goes, I'd love for him to stay here. However, I'm getting real tired of him being banged up, it NEVER ENDS with that guy. If we have to pay him like an elite receiver, the door can hit him in the ass on the way out as far as I am concerned.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bigger thing with Jeffrey is knowing there was never a receiver like Calvin Johnson, there might never be again. He is the one that kicked up all the receiver dollars. Current "market value" for Alshon is 12.3 million, AJ Green is top guy right now at 15 million. Alshons franchise tag puts him second at 14.6. I believe if they dont get a deal done, the next tag is 10% over what he made this year since it cannot be less than it was this season. So staying on the field is critical. Other receivers that get the franchise tag are going to be in the 13 million dollar range.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bigger thing with Jeffrey is knowing there was never a receiver like Calvin Johnson, there might never be again. He is the one that kicked up all the receiver dollars. Current "market value" for Alshon is 12.3 million, AJ Green is top guy right now at 15 million. Alshons franchise tag puts him second at 14.6. I believe if they dont get a deal done, the next tag is 10% over what he made this year since it cannot be less than it was this season. So staying on the field is critical. Other receivers that get the franchise tag are going to be in the 13 million dollar range.

The question, is that someone really going to be willing to pay Alshon elite WR money? Outside of Chicago, I really don't think people consider him an elite talent. Mostly due to how much time he spends injured.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question, is that someone really going to be willing to pay Alshon elite WR money? Outside of Chicago, I really don't think people consider him an elite talent. Mostly due to how much time he spends injured.

I was looking at free agents available next off season, and yes, he is the pick of the litter.

Couple of thirty somethings out there, Arizona's next Julio Jones, but its pretty slim pickings, he will get over paid by a desperate team. I expect him to be pissed and sit out mandatory camp stuff again if he only gets 16 million next year. I think Julio Jones is at 11 million now.

It all depends on the quarterback. You keep a guy that is going to use the entire field, I dont think you need that superstar. Thats why this force feeding Jeffrey is most confusing. Why not let the defense have to guess where the ball is going. I think Mulligan said, if Jeffrey is single covered, he should be considered open. Sorry, I am tired of watching jump balls.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prediction vs Jags: Howard gets the ball 20+ and Hoyer targets Alshon A LOT!! (*first passing play)

I'm still laughing at fans who still think that an NFL play call is: "Throw it to Alshon"
It's not, it's COVERAGE. So throwing into a spot that had 3 defenders and 1 WR...vs throwing to your franchise tagged WR who had man coverage = BAD.
On the final play Hoyer didn't even look to the left. He simply assumed they would roll coverage toward Alshon and the under pass to Meredith would be there. He didn't even look.

EVERY #1 WR in the NFL is "open" if they are one-on-one... Why not Alshon? Why NOT the guy who has made his CAREER on OUT jumping defenders for balls? Hmmm I'm sure you LOVED it when McGOWEN was throwing jump balls to a 2nd year "Jefferies" against the Cowboys. But yeah I'm sick of jump balls too- it shows how crappy the QB is. Blaaah. Shutup MEG.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We might as well use this as the game thread.

Here is today's inactive report.

CHICAGO BEARS INJURIES

Jay Cutler QB Inactive
Leonard Floyd OLB Inactive
Eddie Goldman NT Inactive
Deiondre' Hall CB Inactive
DeAndre Houston-Carson FS Inactive
Eric Kush C Inactive
Jeremy Langford RB Inactive

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS INJURIES

Neal Sterling TE Inactive
Chris Smith DE Inactive
Josh Johnson CB Inactive
Bryce Harris T Inactive
Rashad Greene WR Inactive
Corey Grant RB Inactive
Brandon Allen QB Inactive

GAME-TIME FORECAST:

68 Degrees, Cloudy and a slight chance of T-Storms.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad first possession by the D, good to see them come up with the turnover though. This defense has made strides but has really struggled at making plays like that.

Offense... same story. Move the ball, move the ball... penalties, drive stalls. So frustrating.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on. Six here. Not three

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard!

Love the youngster!

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God... we have got to get a pass rush going.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Willie!

Let's go fishin'!

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a mess that last drive was... Clock management, play calling, bad officiating... shit show.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great three and out...

Of course we pin ourselves back deep with a block in the back after a good return though.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. What an awful drop by Carey.

I don't think anyone was within 10 yards of him on the field. Had nothing but green in front of him.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's where the D gives in and gives up a drive.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose its somewhat expected with a young team, but we have ZERO killer instinct. When we're dominating games like this, we have to go put it away.