• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 5 @ Jags

3riverbabe

32 flavors & then some
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that was on them but in general, the defense is the bigger issue.

Not that this excuses poor defensive play, but I've always heard LeBeau's defense in complicated and takes time to really learn. That begs the question: Why put winning the game on the defense when the new guys are trying to learn it?

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomlin played the percentages (force the Bucs to burn their TOs and put the game on your DEF)
Unfortunately, those percentages have drastically diminished with the new rule changes. Teams that are built more for defense will tend to struggle for a while until a paradigm shift is made within the organization.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that this excuses poor defensive play, but I've always heard LeBeau's defense in complicated and takes time to really learn. That begs the question: Why put winning the game on the defense when the new guys are trying to learn it?

The zone blitz is complicated...various players blitzing from varied positions and what not...really based on deception more than being able to beat your man so to speak...that said, Lebeau hasn't blitzed much the last 2 seasons so the young guys should be able to get up to speed quicker...I can say I saw a noticeable improvement from J. Jones before he got hurt.

To your question...agree...you have a $100 mil QB, and a TE that hadn't been stopped all day...a playaction pass was begging to be called on 1st down.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, those percentages have drastically diminished with the new rule changes. Teams that are built more for defense will tend to struggle for a while until a paradigm shift is made within the organization.

Yeah...the terrible pun didn't help matters either.

Even though I would've gone down with my QB trying to get a 1st, that play (no TOs needing 6, 45 yds, 40 secs) would probably yield a win in that situation more times than not. How you give up a 30 yd pass to a TE is beyond me though.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it wasn't a TE on 2nd thought, but a deep pass period...they were playing off 10 yds at the snap!

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heading to two of the multiple Steeler pep rallies going on today. Will get to see Ray Seals, Yancy Thigpen, and Randy Fuller. Leaving in about an hour.