• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 5 @ Jags

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Up and down we go!

I tell you it makes it tough for us fans to know how this team is going to play...must be crazy for the coaches.

Tomlin played the percentages (force the Bucs to burn their TOs and put the game on your DEF)...if I'm going to face the media after that kind of loss...I would like to say I put the game in the hands of my most proven player and we didn't get it done.

But water under the bridge now...I see the Tomlin had game officials at practice this week ...is that going to help? Do they not already know what is a penalty and what's not? We shall see.

Whose hurting? M. Bryant/Harrison were DNP today with an illness...Foster was a full participant.

As quickly as he emerged as a contributor in the 1st 4 games, I would think that J. Brown has now played himself into the 4th WR spot in favor of Lance Moore.

Jags...well, not a lot to like if you're a Jags fan, but every team has talent...I'm sure Ziggy would like to make a few plays on the Steelers. Bortles is a big kid, strong arm...if allowed to get comfortable back there he can deliver the ball anywhere on the field...look for them to challenge our CBs deep...I'm hopeful Lebeau gambles a bit more and get some hits on Bortles, maybe a turnover or two.

Clemons took the money, instead of playing for a winner, but he can still get after the QB...I'm sure he's was looking at the tape and thinking he can pad his stats on Ben this week.

Tomlin got the boys back up after a bad loss in BAL, now he's facing it again on the road this time...Last week I knew parts of Tampa's team was better than ours, namely their DL vs PIT OL...Aside from Clemons vs Gilbert/Beachum I don't see much advantage for the Jags...I expect a win, and a complete game this week for the OFC, DEF, ST...they finish the drill this week.

PIT 27 JAX 14

What say you?

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll keep a good thought.

But I still believe that our chances would improve if Haley stepped in front of a speeding bus.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Answer something honestly for me.

If you guys lose at Jacksonville, do heads roll?

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things aren't going to well if a game against Jax isn't a sure thing.

Go Pirates!

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're telling me Todd Haley would be on the plane back to Pittsburgh if you guys got beat by Jacksonville?

With the Carolina win just 2 weeks prior, I don't think so. I think its more defense than anything.

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Carolina win just 2 weeks prior, I don't think so. I think its more defense than anything.

I dunno. I have to put last Sunday's heartbreaker on the O.

One lousy, stinking, teeny-weeny first down, and our boys would have won. :doh:

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno. I have to put last Sunday's heartbreaker on the O.

One lousy, stinking, teeny-weeny first down, and our boys would have won. :doh:

Yeah that was on them but in general, the defense is the bigger issue.

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that was on them but in general, the defense is the bigger issue.

I'd agree that the D is the weaker side of the coin, and the more undisciplined...killing us with dumb penalties.

But we're generally not getting 4 quarters of real effort from the O. Look how it fizzled after getting a big lead on Cleveland.

And it sure seems to me that Haley gets way too conservative at the worst possible times. So help me, if he runs that straight-ahead handoff play from the shotgun on third and short one more time, I may have to hunt him down and skin him like a wabbit!

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd agree that the D is the weaker side of the coin, and the more undisciplined...killing us with dumb penalties.

But we're generally not getting 4 quarters of real effort from the O. Look how it fizzled after getting a big lead on Cleveland.

And it sure seems to me that Haley gets way too conservative at the worst possible times. So help me, if he runs that straight-ahead handoff play from the shotgun on third and short one more time, I may have to hunt him down and skin him like a wabbit!

lol I was bitching about that to the wife as she ignored me. The Steelers have a habit for years of getting a lead then taking he foot off the gas. Bastards!

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol I was bitching about that to the wife as she ignored me. The Steelers have a habit for years of getting a lead then taking he foot off the gas. Bastards!

Nice to know I'm not the only one who gets pissed over that play.

I gotta run.

GO BUCS ! ! !

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My wife always comes up with something like "why don't you call down to the field and tell the coach what he's doing wrong? I bet he's just dying to hear all your brilliant ideas." :rolleyes2:

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife always comes up with something like "why don't you call down to the field and tell the coach what he's doing wrong? I bet he's just dying to hear all your brilliant ideas." :rolleyes2:

haha Sounds familiar. My wife said if I know so much better then why don't I win money playing fantasy football.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're telling me Todd Haley would be on the plane back to Pittsburgh if you guys got beat by Jacksonville?

Yeah. That's just not the way the Steelers do business. He would finish the season and probably have a job next year too as long as he didn't appear to get along too well with his star quarterback (Arian's unforgivable mistake).

BTW I'm almost expecting the Steelers to lose this game. It's just what they do. Get beat by terrible teams and then make a push second half where these "shoulda-won" games come back to bite them.

Ugh...

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No way, not the way the Steelers operate, Todd Haley is a favorite of ownership for some reason, and the offense is the strong point of the team, and the defense is the disaster.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Answer something honestly for me.

If you guys lose at Jacksonville, do heads roll?

No...the Rooney's are nothing if not patient...now after the 16 are played, they have shown they will let an OC go...Lebeau probably will never be fired, but encouraged to retire...Tomlin, maybe, but imo they have to go less than .500.

After the Jags game...everybody is safe regardless.