• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

week 2

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steeler week.

yellow towel country.

At least it's not a night game.

on the other hand, maybe the Redskins are really, really bad. But the Steelers look pretty good right now.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
both Steelers and Bengals have a schedule that really doesn't challenge them all that much.

these games against the Steelers therefore have high importance.

Gypsumstack

Hoopla Cash
$ 945.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirk Cousins only tested the Steelers sub-par safeties deep once the entire first half, and it resulted in Washington's longest play the entire game. As long as Dalton can stay standing long enough for AJ to do his thing, I feel confident the Bengals won't make that same mistake.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough spot for the Bengals. I expect the Steelers to be the best team in the NFL early in the season..... Whether they stay there will all depend on Big Ben's health - I have a hard time trusting him to start 16 games given the number of hits he's taken in his career and how he plays the game. I don't think we're far behind..... But I think we miss Eifert and Burfict right now and the new guys still need some breaking in (Zamp too). I give the edge this week to the Steelers, but hope we can turn the tables later in the year.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only silver lining is that lately, (last year), it seems that the road teams wins when they play

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was not impressed with Washington's defense at all. The DB for Washington, #26, should just stop playing. He's awful. Worse than Kirkpatrick awful.

I have a hard time believing that the Steelers will run the ball nearly as effectively against the Bengals front as they did Washington.

Pitt did a good job of dropping coverage deep to prevent big plays downfield. Something I think Dalton and Co. will see plenty of this weekend. Dalton did a great job in the 2nd half of the 1st week of taking the short gains and moving the chains. Once they started chewing up the yards under, it forced the Jets to bring guys in closer to the LOS, and that is when he hit them with big plays down-field. That will have to continue this week for the offense to be successful.

jgreene95

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We just need to play our game..fuck the steelers

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was not impressed with Washington's defense at all. The DB for Washington, #26, should just stop playing. He's awful. Worse than Kirkpatrick awful.

I have a hard time believing that the Steelers will run the ball nearly as effectively against the Bengals front as they did Washington.

Pitt did a good job of dropping coverage deep to prevent big plays downfield. Something I think Dalton and Co. will see plenty of this weekend. Dalton did a great job in the 2nd half of the 1st week of taking the short gains and moving the chains. Once they started chewing up the yards under, it forced the Jets to bring guys in closer to the LOS, and that is when he hit them with big plays down-field. That will have to continue this week for the offense to be successful.

They made Cousins beat them and he couldn't..... Not sure what they have in mind for Dalton. You have to figure they will be better prepared for the quick screens and hitches that the Jets couldn't stop. How many times did we have the Jets beat before the play even started (based on the alignment)? I can't imagine Pittsburgh allowing us to hit so many 7-8 yard gains on simple screens.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Jets ran for 150 yards
The Steelers ran for 147

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jets ran for 150 yards
The Steelers ran for 147
Yes, but typically this defense defends the run rather well. They were 7th against the run last year, and not much has really changed. I'm not willing to say that this team can't stop the run after just one game. Forte did some damage, but the big gashes really came from Powell who seemed to rip off several chunk runs.

We'll see.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but typically this defense defends the run rather well. They were 7th against the run last year, and not much has really changed. I'm not willing to say that this team can't stop the run after just one game. Forte did some damage, but the big gashes really came from Powell who seemed to rip off several chunk runs.

We'll see.
Forte had 96 yards.

I'm sorry, but there's no way they keep the Steelers under 130 this week

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers should have the advantage this time around, hopefully we get our shit together by the 2nd in series.

we could possibly win, but the way Marvin likes to keep teams close won't work for this. there's always some questionable call or play that becomes a highlight and discussion topic the next day. If we're going to win, we need to win by 14 or more.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm okay with the Steelers trying to beat us on the ground. We gave up a bunch of rushing yards to them in the playoffs last year, but were stingy when they made it to our side of the field. The result was that they really didn't cash in on fairly consistent production. These aren't the Bill Cohwer Steelers - The way I see it is that they beat you with Ben and Brown.... That's a scary duo. If holding them in check means giving up a big day on the ground, I'll live with it. As long as we limit the scoring damage.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Double AB, Jones should shadow him, and get over top help with the safety.

The rest of the guys can be covered 1-1, and you bring pressure to get Ben down. The OL is better than it has been, but it will give up pressure. Bring run blitzes to fill gaps, and then pursue Ben. I'm OK with them throwing it some, but it can't be to AB. If they are going to beat us, I'm going to make them beat us throwing to scrubs.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The probability of a "WTF?! moment" is 99.9%
giphy.gif

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had to pick between DeAngelo Williams or Antonio Brown, I'd much rather let Williams beat me.

The protection has to be better obviously, but I expect the Bengals to be able to move the ball and score points. The Steelers defense isn't as good as the Redskins made them look.

I expect the Steelers to have a big day on the ground, with most attention being paid to rolling coverage over Brown and dropping more guys into coverage.

The pass rush has to show up to beat Big Ben. Doesn't matter how many guys cover Brown, we will get torched if Ben has a eternity to throw.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took the Steelers in my survivor pool.
And for my Draft Kings fantasy team I've got:
Ben
D Williams
A Brown
M Wheaton
S Coates
J James
Steelers D

I've done my part