• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 2 @ NYG

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game on Monday, but really short week with a travel day to NJ factored, so I would not expect a lot of heavy activity in practice this week...mostly game planning for the Giants I'm guessing.

If you didn't know...Julio did not practice Wed. or Thurs...sore hammy is the reason, but he was quoted today as saying he will be ready to play, they just held him out for precaution.

I guess everyone knows the Giants lost a tough close game they should have closed out...no Cruz last week and they still put up 26 pts on the road...and he most likely is not playing this week either.

Pressure, pressure, pressure...if they can get it going like they did at home...I like them to beat the Giants...better OFC...probably a better DEF...24-20.

What say you?

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice, 2-0 start! :suds:

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still kind of feel like the defense loses a lot of their intensity in the 2nd half. At the end of the day I'm just glad the offense pulled together a couple good drives in the fourth quarter to win it. I really hope Coleman will be healthy for week 3 because the more I see Freeman run the less capable I think he is.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still kind of feel like the defense loses a lot of their intensity in the 2nd half. At the end of the day I'm just glad the offense pulled together a couple good drives in the fourth quarter to win it. I really hope Coleman will be healthy for week 3 because the more I see Freeman run the less capable I think he is.

You've been very critical of Freeman I noticed and while I agree he has not impressed, but I'm not totally in step with thinking he's not capable of doing more....To my knowledge he hasn't been 100% really since July/August which is why Coleman got the start initially.

Two games in...I do agree that Coleman is the man, and should get the bulk of the work, but I see this as a tandem for the rest of the year...hopefully Freeman can show well if Coleman is not ready to go this week.

Beeermannn...pretty much saved the day...the early look on DEF...they can stop the run...the LBs are head and shoulders better than LY. Late game pressure is something they need to get better at. It's still early, but right now Beasley is relying on speed/bull rush almost exclusively...he's getting close a lot...did have one sack yesterday.

Alford got picked on a lot in this game, but imo held his own...they completed passes on him, but his coverage was good for the most part...the PIF flag he got...he was running stride for stride with #13.

Interesting...Roddy was not targeted 1 time, in fact we we wondering if he was on the field, but he was....Hankerson targeted a ton....possibly setting up DAL? idk.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've been very critical of Freeman I noticed and while I agree he has not impressed, but I'm not totally in step with thinking he's not capable of doing more....To my knowledge he hasn't been 100% really since July/August which is why Coleman got the start initially.

Two games in...I do agree that Coleman is the man, and should get the bulk of the work, but I see this as a tandem for the rest of the year...hopefully Freeman can show well if Coleman is not ready to go this week.

Beeermannn...pretty much saved the day...the early look on DEF...they can stop the run...the LBs are head and shoulders better than LY. Late game pressure is something they need to get better at. It's still early, but right now Beasley is relying on speed/bull rush almost exclusively...he's getting close a lot...did have one sack yesterday.

Alford got picked on a lot in this game, but imo held his own...they completed passes on him, but his coverage was good for the most part...the PIF flag he got...he was running stride for stride with #13.

Interesting...Roddy was not targeted 1 time, in fact we we wondering if he was on the field, but he was....Hankerson targeted a ton....possibly setting up DAL? idk.
When Freeman had opportunities last year he didn't impress either but back then he at least had the benefit of the doubt because of the state of the offensive line. When I see him run he barely gets past blocks. One of the more difinitive plays I remember about his play yesterday was running straight into a defensive lineman who was blocked but he took the wrong lane and didn't get anything. 99.9% of the running backs in the leage would have made it past that defender but he didn't. It almost feels like he doesn't fit into the scheme and his vision is lacking.

I was wondering why Roddy wasn't getting targeted either. Maybe he just wasn't open. Sometimes I feel like Matt already has in mind who should be open on certain plays once he sees the defense too.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Freeman had opportunities last year he didn't impress either but back then he at least had the benefit of the doubt because of the state of the offensive line. When I see him run he barely gets past blocks. One of the more difinitive plays I remember about his play yesterday was running straight into a defensive lineman who was blocked but he took the wrong lane and didn't get anything. 99.9% of the running backs in the leage would have made it past that defender but he didn't. It almost feels like he doesn't fit into the scheme and his vision is lacking.

I was wondering why Roddy wasn't getting targeted either. Maybe he just wasn't open. Sometimes I feel like Matt already has in mind who should be open on certain plays once he sees the defense too.

LY...I almost forgot he was on the team! lol

I do recall a play yesterday where the OL was staged to the left and the DEF was flowing with that movement and the cutback lane to the right was wide open and Freeman continued to follow the OL left for minimal gain...even on his TD, I thought he chose the wrong hole so I agree with your point...I just dunno if I've seen enough touches yet to make that determination. As a ball carrier in space I still like Freeman and think his pass catching ability is a big plus...I could see teaming Coleman up with a bigger RB next yr.