• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 17 VS Raiders

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So watching the game right now. Where in the world was this pass blocking all season long? Siemian had all day to throw most of the time. Where was this Stephenson who was able to block Mack one-on-one with no problem? Just ticks me off all the more to see this team show they were capable the entire season just didn't do it.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So watching the game right now. Where in the world was this pass blocking all season long? Siemian had all day to throw most of the time. Where was this Stephenson who was able to block Mack one-on-one with no problem? Just ticks me off all the more to see this team show they were capable the entire season just didn't do it.
I think it's also not unrealistic to consider a lot of air went out of Raiders when Carr went down. No matter how much they tried to jump on McCloin bandwagon, I think players knew their chances in playoffs went down drain. It showed vs Denver. I believe that had more to do with it than the offense for Denver resurrected itself. IMO anyway.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's also not unrealistic to consider a lot of air went out of Raiders when Carr went down. No matter how much they tried to jump on McCloin bandwagon, I think players knew their chances in playoffs went down drain. It showed vs Denver. I believe that had more to do with it than the offense for Denver resurrected itself. IMO anyway.

And I'm sure that was some of the factor. Still to see this unit actually holding up against a DL they have struggled against was nice to see. Doesn't mean I want them to bring them all back and see if they can improve from this season. Just frustrating though to see them actually show pretty well in the passing game. The run game to me the stats are a bit out of balance compared to how they actually did. We still had something like 8 plays that went for negative yards in the run game and still struggled to pick up a 1st down on short yardage situations. Again why we need to revamp this unit. Cannot be the worst team in the league on short yardage situations.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Forsett come back? He was a great spark against the Raiders but He's only done well with Kubiak and unless we hire Kyle Shanahan we're likely changing schemes even if it's only a slight change.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Forsett come back? He was a great spark against the Raiders but He's only done well with Kubiak and unless we hire Kyle Shanahan we're likely changing schemes even if it's only a slight change.

For the Vet minimum he is worth at least bringing into training camp.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since there was little discussion during the game - easily overlooked was the excellent game that Cody Latimer had. And not just in catching some passes but opening up the running game with some outstanding blocks. It will be interesting to see what a new coaching staff does for him.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since there was little discussion during the game - easily overlooked was the excellent game that Cody Latimer had. And not just in catching some passes but opening up the running game with some outstanding blocks. It will be interesting to see what a new coaching staff does for him.

Latimer played a great all 'round game .. He is a tough as they come, and even if he isn't catching passes, he is in there making the offense click

He really picked it up on special teams with the losses of Burton and Omar Bolden

Justin Simmons had a good game too

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The difference between Wade Phillips, Kubiak and this defense of last season and the Raiders defense : One said "We will win this" and the other said "We're not winning this"

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed. Very impressed with the game that he had. I'm hoping that in the final year of his contract he can finally get some actual playing time when things matter. He has shown he is a very high quality blocker if nothing else. He also showed some great hands on some tough catches that really helped keep drives going. It is games like that of why I haven't given up on this kid actually making an impact in this league. Maybe not to the level we thought he would when we drafted him but still being an impact player.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My only question with this thought process is why didn't the same thing happen to the Broncos knowing they are actually eliminated from the playoffs? That should have been a bigger blow to the morale of a team than losing your starting QB when you know you are fighting for your playoff bye week.

Not saying the Broncos resurrected themselves as there was still plenty that went wrong with the offense in this game. Just more that this team continues to show they have some pieces in place that could make a very strong run next season.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game was simple to diagnose for the Broncos and how they are built. Get ahead early. The offense needs to start faster. It sputtered for more of the 2nd half but got enough early to motivate the defense.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game was simple to diagnose for the Broncos and how they are built. Get ahead early. The offense needs to start faster. It sputtered for more of the 2nd half but got enough early to motivate the defense.

Kubiak actually talked about that I think about a week ago. That is where the defense has been a bit of the problem in that they have given up a lot of 1st drive touchdowns. The games where they stopped teams early seemed to be the games where we actually had a lot of success.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's how my Bronco's season went in a nutshell: I get the Broncos/Raiders game in Texas - The Broncos are showing some spark and thrashing the Raiders - 24-6 - I'm loving it - and the TV station switches to the Chargers/Chiefs - FVCK Me.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only question with this thought process is why didn't the same thing happen to the Broncos knowing they are actually eliminated from the playoffs? That should have been a bigger blow to the morale of a team than losing your starting QB when you know you are fighting for your playoff bye week.

Not saying the Broncos resurrected themselves as there was still plenty that went wrong with the offense in this game. Just more that this team continues to show they have some pieces in place that could make a very strong run next season.
How about trying to keep a job and impress new HC ?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about trying to keep a job and impress new HC ?

Ok but I can counter that with the Raiders playing for a Bye Week and getting at least 1 home game. That should have been plenty to motivate a defense that destroyed this Broncos offense last time we played.

Both teams had plenty of reason to lay down and admit defeat and both teams had plenty to play for in the game. Broncos showed up. That is all we know

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok but I can counter that with the Raiders playing for a Bye Week and getting at least 1 home game. That should have been plenty to motivate a defense that destroyed this Broncos offense last time we played.

And they whomped the broncos with a 6-man oline and run game in the first game. They could have taken the same approach with a 3rd string QB.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they whomped the broncos with a 6-man oline and run game in the first game. They could have taken the same approach with a 3rd string QB.

Yup which is what I figured they would do. Broncos pretty much dared them to pass though sticking 8 in the box and just trusting their Corners to hold up. Wish we had done a bit more of that this year to help out in the run game.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On obvious running downs, Denver brought in Zaire Anderson as a 3rd LBer, brought Stewert down as well and played man free with Simmons so Denver had 9 players in the box. I;m not sure that would work all game with a Derek Carr at QB