• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 17 VS Raiders

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing to play for other than a little pride.

Do you start Lynch or stay with Trevor?
Do you tank so Mrs Elway can be happy that the Raiders win the division?
Do you personally want the Chiefs or Raiders to win the division?
What's more likely after the game - JDR and JE hug after the game or exchange punches?
Are you secretly hoping for a loss to improve the draft position? (of course if you say yes, you have blown your secret!)

Five straight years of making the playoffs, the longest stretch in Broncos history. It was fun while it lasted!

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Start Lynch, see if he shows any improvement over his last start.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would definitely start Lynch. I don't care who wins the division. Focus on 2017 begins.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By starting Lynch, we'd be making the statement that Siemian is not the QB of the future

(Of course, that statement was already made when we drafted Lynch )

Absolutely start Lynch - we need to initiate change as soon as possible

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The evaluation process has begun. Kubiak has already stated he is going to play as many players as possible. Don't have to be rocket scientist to figure out the majority of changes are going to happen on Offensive side of ball. Can't see this game changing that since Denver tried everything/everyone possible to score points and run ball effectively all year anyway. Give some guys at wr,lb,db some work is about it and figure there is going to be some major strategy involved to fix this going forward. Not to mention some major luck with draft as well. Not going to be easy that's for sure.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that it would help but I'd like to see Thompson get 15 carries at least. Peace.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Broncos
Have some pride
Oak is Carrless
Lol ok I'm sweating HFA and NE plays the early game in Mia which is always tough for NE.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Broncos
Have some pride
Oak is Carrless
Lol ok I'm sweating HFA and NE plays the early game in Mia which is always tough for NE.
Eh, you guys lost the last game of the year in 2015, no reason for the Broncos to do the same this year. ;)

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't see this game changing that since Denver tried everything/everyone possible to score points and run ball effectively all year anyway.

Really? I didn't think Kubiak - or whoever it was that called the plays - showed any creativity all year in play calling. When was there ever any urgency? How did those first 15 scripted plays all year work? How many QB roll outs did we see called that mobile QBs like Trevor or Lynch should excel at? How often did we try any misdirection plays against teams that sold out on the run knowing we weren't going to have a successful running game?

I'm certainly no expert, but I've seen enough football games in my life to know a boring offense when I see one. And the 2016 Broncos offense hit the Himalayas of boring. And that is on coaches just as much as on players in my view.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe someone could shed some light on why, in an offense that will be somewhat dependent on a FB, why we had only one on the roster all season ( Janovich ), and when he was put on IR, the position was abandon ??

We keep hearing about what Kubiak wants to do and what his offense is, yet we don't even have a backup FB

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? I didn't think Kubiak - or whoever it was that called the plays - showed any creativity all year in play calling. When was there ever any urgency? How did those first 15 scripted plays all year work? How many QB roll outs did we see called that mobile QBs like Trevor or Lynch should excel at? How often did we try any misdirection plays against teams that sold out on the run knowing we weren't going to have a successful running game?

Roll-outs and misdirection only work when the running game is working extremely well. The defense over pursues and you can catch them off guard by going the other way, if you're running game sucks ass the defense has no reason to hard commit to one side meaning there isn't an option to roll-out.

When Denver was successful in the past with the bootleg it's because they fooled the DE into thinking they were running it, they weren't fooling anyone this year.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the projected difference in draft position if we win or lose?

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the projected difference in draft position if we win or lose?
We're currently at 19. Tennessee, Baltimore and Tampa and Denver all are at 8-7. If we are to move up we would have to lose and one or more of those teams will need to win.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to most of the draftnicks, this year is a light year for the draft. One, maybe two QBs, two or three RBs.
Of course a bunch of juniors may come out and there is always the hidden gems like Dak Prescott. It's bizarre to hear Bronco fans talking about letting a game go.

Considering that the Raiders don't have Carr for the next 6-8 weeks because he's under going surgery today, the Bronco defense would have a hard time trying to produce an excuse for a loss. More than a few folks would scream like hell for an investigation into game fixing. (Chiefs, Steelers).

I think the Broncos have way too much pride to just mail it in. The shine on that Super Bowl 50 Trophy would be lost forever.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why you say mailing it in we got rookies that have not played I want to see them ..to hell what others think .

We got a lot of players that have played with a lot of restriction take them off and see them full throttle

SB50 and shine off ...I should but I will be nice ..

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm certainly no expert, but I've seen enough football games in my life to know a boring offense when I see one. And the 2016 Broncos offense hit the Himalayas of boring. And that is on coaches just as much as on players in my view.

I am starting to hang a lot on the coaches. 0-4 since the bye this team can't be that bad right?

We're currently at 19. Tennessee, Baltimore and Tampa and Denver all are at 8-7. If we are to move up we would have to lose and one or more of those teams will need to win.

I need a broncos win and/or ravens loss. Pretty sure I have an av bet with a ravens fan on whose team finishes better.

Considering that the Raiders don't have Carr for the next 6-8 weeks because he's under going surgery today, the Bronco defense would have a hard time trying to produce an excuse for a loss. More than a few folks would scream like hell for an investigation into game fixing. (Chiefs, Steelers).

Doesn't matter that Carr is out. Offense is averaging 13 points/game since bye week. Tall order to ask of the defense. I want to see them go for the win if for no other reason to spite the raiders.