• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 17 vs. CLE

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ATL must be enjoying his break since we haven't seen his weekly post! Hopefully I don't step on his toes by taking this one. If so, sorry brother!

Alright, so we all know the deal. If BAL, MIA, & SD loses and we win today then we are in. Tall order, and not likely going to happen but still better than the chances that we had in previous weeks. It's great to see the team playing the way they are, and gives great hope for a return to success next season.

Big game for a lot of players today, statistically speaking:
*Ben needs 247 passing yards to break the team's single season record.
*Bell needs 73 yards from scrimmage to pass Franco Harris' for the most by a Steelers rookie.
*AB needs 12 receptions to break the team's single season record for catches. Also he only needs 5 receptions & 50 yards to be the first player in NFL history to achieve it in all 16 games of an NFL season.

The Brownies are looking to snap a 9-game losing streak at Heinz Field. Judging by what I saw from them last week, this team looks like they are glad the season will be over. They were pretty lifeless against the Jets.

O: I think PIT uses the same gameplan as last week. Get the run game going early! Bell should have another solid performance. Probably not a 100+ yarder again because the Browns have a much better run D than GB. I'm hoping that since Sanders is iffy on playing today that Wheaton will finally get a better opportunity. IMO they should have sat Sanders a few weeks ago, because he is not likely to be resigned. The AB-Haden matchup will be exciting to watch again. I'm sure Haden is a bit raw after their last matchup so he will be looking to redeem himself.

D: It will be interesting to see Sylvester & Carter split time at ROLB if Worilds doesn't go today. I think as long as Kiesel is in there then it won't be as much of a weak point in the Defense. But I'm going to be more focused on the Taylor-Gordon matchup today. Gordon absolutely massacered us week 12 (237 yards receiving). I think Lebeau is going to key on that matchup more with Clark/Thomas hovering over them. Which should put Polamalu in coverage more today (yikes). But we say that every week and it doesn't happen that much. Nevertheless I think we will see some turnovers today from this group.

W's are never easy in the AFCN, but this should be a win for PIT. PIT 30-10

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great job!...face...yes, had some travel time over this holida, have not touch a computer in several days...sadly no golf...yet...glad you took the torch.

Records...some motivation indeed.

Should be a step day on targets for Wheaton...at least I'm hoping...Sanders has served us well...hope he cashes in on the FA...no sense exposing him imo.

CLE...yeah, DIV wins are normally not easy in general...they are assured of last place in the north again...I'm not sure what motivation they really have...that said, Campbell is a pro, you give him time and he will make the throws...Gordon is a beast and has been on a mission it seems to put up that kind of season in a 4 win year.

OFC...more of the same really...starting upfront...the bigs need to keep Ben upright...I might give Dwyer/Jones a few more snaps today...use Bell more in the passing game...I was skeptical so I have to admit now, Spaeth makes a difference, for the right money I try to bring him back.

DEF...I don't think they can run it...make Campbell move his feet in the pocket, he won't be as accurate, and keep somebody OTT of Gordon at all times. Jordan is Q @ TE from what I read.

Barring turnovers I don't see PIT losing this one either...27-13 PIT to finish .500 again and pick in the middle of the draft...season salvaged I guess.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PIT Inactives:
Worilds
Garvin

I'm a little worried about Worilds being out, but like I said, Kiesel bein in there helps. Sylvester is experienced so he should be a good spot fill. Garvin is a ST beast but should be easily replaced for today.

CLE Inactives:
Haden
Hughes
Taylor
Lauvao

Very happy to see Haden on the sidelines. Brown will eat the rookie McFadden up today. Hughes & Taylor being out will boost Bell's numbers. Billy Winn is no pushover so he should fill in nicely.