• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 16 vs Chiefs

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9-5 after a solid win in ATL has kept the Steelers in the playoff mix...currently they are the 5th seed and would face IND if the playoffs started today. In terms of the DIV...nothing was gained as CIN and BAL both won last week as well...Bengals continue to hold the DIV lead and with SD & KC losing...BAL has slid into the 6th seed position...3 DIV teams are in as of today.

But, there is still work to be done.

KC Chiefs come to town this week. They've had an up and down year as well...on the high end, they spanked NE, on the low end, they lost to OAK. I read somewhere that a win over KC locks up the playoffs for PIT, but a loss won't kill it...but it will put their fate in the hands of another team...kind of a dangerous situation for the Steelers who obviously play much better under pressure.

Who hurting? Pretty clean slate from the looks of it. Ike, Harrison are supposed to go...Gilbert supposed was ready last week, but apparently Tomlin didn't like his practice effort and went with Adams...expect that to change this week going against Justin Houston.

OFC...it's clear to me...they have to block the edge pass rushers...Hali & Houston....but Pouncey is facing probably the best NT in the game today...he's not just a 1st down guy to stuff the run...the big fella also has 5 sacks this season...Them...38 sacks...Us 24 sacks...maybe that explains why they're so good vs the pass.

Interesting with such a dominant presence on the DL, they rank poorly vs the run. But...I don't feel the back end defenders are good enough to shutdown A. Brown and company...Ben is probably going to go down a few times in this game, but he must have time on 3rd down and keep Houston & Hali concerned about tackling Bell vs teeing off on Ben.

DEF...Back 4...need to play better than last week. Even the king of the checkdown, Alex Smith has to test the Steelers deep. Charles imo is one of the most dangerous players in the the NFL...simple task in theory...control Charles, make some somebody else beat you...Troy can't handle Charles anymore, but expect him to crowd the LOS a lot...Lebeau might allow Mitchell some single high looks and see if Smith takes some shots.

Tough game coming up I think. The Steeler OL must not be dominated, but I see them having protection trouble in this one to keep this game tight. Alex Smith is not playing at a high level right now...3 losses in a row and no games over 20 pts prior to last week...I like PIT...24-20.

What say you?

Last edited by a moderator:

Muddler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like our chances this week. Gonna have to keep TEs and RBs in to do some blocking so BB can make some plays downfield. Didn't I read somewhere that KC hasn't had a TD catch by a WR in over a year? Alex Smith doesn't scare me at all but I was at the STick in the infamous blackout MNF game when he and the Niners beat us. As I said, I like our chances but I'm continuing to pick the opponents since it has worked for the last two weeks and although I'm not overly superstitious, "If it ain't broke..."

Chefs 24
Steelers 21

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"…Don't fix it"
I'm sticking with the same approach: KC 28 - PIT 24

Good analysis ATL! I agree on all accounts. Ben may see the turf a few times this game, but this offense needs to keep it up and not make any costly mistakes. The defense will continue to be opportunistic so Ben & Co will have to capitalize. I see this game as a pretty good matchup for our D. I think we are going to see a heavier dose of Shazier this week. Tomlin was quoted in saying good things about his progress. We'll need him to cover players like Charles & Kelce.

Last edited by a moderator:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...I like the matchup with Hali and Beech a little better than Gilbert vs Houston...Ball security needs to be a point of emphasis this week by Ben...and also STs...KC seemingly has a big play on ST every week.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...I like the matchup with Hali and Beech a little better than Gilbert vs Houston...Ball security needs to be a point of emphasis this week by Ben...and also STs...KC seemingly has a big play on ST every week.

I think Shamarko is going to eat D'Anthony Thomas up... Can't wait to see it

Adanac

beer.....yes please!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hali and Bowe are questionable for the game....

Cali Steel

Poster Extraordinaire !!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.18
Fav. Team #1
Seems KC has played rather "Steeler like"
Losing to teams they should beat, and beating the tough teams.
The game today should be a good one, will just have to wait to see which team shows on both sides of the ball.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steeler front 7 won this game...they gave up yards, but played well in the RZ...pressured Smith well and pitched a shutout to the KC OFC...4 FGs is a pretty good day at work. Would like to see the OFC not kick those short FGs, but they did enough to get the W.

Well done, and welcome back to the Playoffs!! Win next week and you play another home game!

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh and I have to say this

todays game was poetic justice .. kc played their second string last year and lost to the chargers and kept us out of the playoffs .. so we beat them this year to keep them out of the playoffs ..

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taunt.0.0.PNG

Another awesome game by the officials...

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steeler front 7 won this game...they gave up yards, but played well in the RZ...pressured Smith well and pitched a shutout to the KC OFC...4 FGs is a pretty good day at work. Would like to see the OFC not kick those short FGs, but they did enough to get the W.

Well done, and welcome back to the Playoffs!! Win next week and you play another home game!

Couldn't agree more. The battle was won in the trenches. The defense was able to generate all 6 sacks today while rushing 4 or fewer people... That is what you call a dominant performance. Tuitt & Heyward played lights out. Can't wait to see what the future of those 2 together holds. Another "turn back the clock" performance by Deebo. I love every second of seeing that man performing at such a high level. No matter what his decision is this offseason, I am happy that he came back.

More on the game... The secondary was generous yet again, but played well in the RZ. Now that the front seven is playing better we should see the secondary play better as a result. The officials were awful. Horrible calls on both sides of the ball.

Seems as though everything is pulling together at the right time pushing into January football. I can't wait to see next week's matchup for the AFCN crown! They have a shot at the #3 seed!!! :yahoo::yahoo:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't agree more. The battle was won in the trenches. The defense was able to generate all 6 sacks today while rushing 4 or fewer people... That is what you call a dominant performance. Tuitt & Heyward played lights out. Can't wait to see what the future of those 2 together holds. Another "turn back the clock" performance by Deebo. I love every second of seeing that man performing at such a high level. No matter what his decision is this offseason, I am happy that he came back.

More on the game... The secondary was generous yet again, but played well in the RZ. Now that the front seven is playing better we should see the secondary play better as a result. The officials were awful. Horrible calls on both sides of the ball.

Seems as though everything is pulling together at the right time pushing into January football. I can't wait to see next week's matchup for the AFCN crown! They have a shot at the #3 seed!!! :yahoo::yahoo:

DL...yep...the DEs seemed to be winning the point of attack a lot and making plays not just clearing space (reminding me of the Aaron Smith/Keisel days a bit)...and the ILBs were able to close in on Charles quickly and keep him from breaking long runs. While he's not the protypical NT...I think McCullers is a keeper as well.

JH...I have to admit I was iffy on the signing, but he has proven in this system, he can be effective...as PIT slides down the draft board...the odds of landing a starting caliber player get slimmer...Shane Ray has starter talent, but he'll be gone in the teens...Leonard Floyd from GA is another kid I like a lot...not ready to start yet, but play some yes (he's a Shane Ray skillset wise, but needs to add some weight, power).. if JH comes back...move JJ to the left side and work the rookie in...that said...I have a feeling Worilds comes back at a pretty decent cap #. Vince Williams/Tandem is looking pretty good, and I even saw Shazier out there.

JAN football...I have to say...in terms of both sides of the ball...right now is the best they've looked together....if they continue at this level I think they beat CIN this week and take the 3rd seed. Then...let it rip vs the 5 seed.

Muddler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh and I have to say this

todays game was poetic justice .. kc played their second string last year and lost to the chargers and kept us out of the playoffs .. so we beat them this year to keep them out of the playoffs ..

Yeah, that made the Win even sweeter!

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually getting excited for the playoffs and considering how down I was on this team earlier in the year, this is a huge change.

Defense isn't good, but more able to make splash plays, which is enough in todays NFL assuming a good offense.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually getting excited for the playoffs and considering how down I was on this team earlier in the year, this is a huge change.

Defense isn't good, but more able to make splash plays, which is enough in todays NFL assuming a good offense.

I know what you mean.... Used to old school style with a conservative offense and a shut down D....
This bend but not break D and the high powered offense is something very new, but exciting to watch!!!