• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 12 @ COLTS

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fuckin up and down shit with this team is not only frightening, but getting sickening!!!!
Honestly there is not a team we can't beat, and more times than not we do beat ourselves!!!!
This week will be a huge test and measuring stick... If they can string together strong performances from all 3 phases, then this team will be poised for a good push for the postseason. Should they lose this week, then it makes all 4 remaining games MUST WINS. Given the weakness of the AFCN, I could see a 9-win team making it into the playoffs. But I wouldn't bank on it without help. Ravens have a pretty rough schedule so a lot can happen.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This week will be a huge test and measuring stick... If they can string together strong performances from all 3 phases, then this team will be poised for a good push for the postseason. Should they lose this week, then it makes all 4 remaining games MUST WINS. Given the weakness of the AFCN, I could see a 9-win team making it into the playoffs. But I wouldn't bank on it without help. Ravens have a pretty rough schedule so a lot can happen.

Agreed, but again it all depends on what team shows up week after week.
We could and should run the rest of the schedule out. There is not any high caliber teams to really contend with. But if they let the Ravens catch and pass them in the standings again, I don't see us coming back from it again....the football gods are only gonna smile on you so many times, you have to take advantage of it. And from a team who was projected to be with a superior offense.....let me know when they get here!!!!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think 10 will secure the DIV so the margin for error is probably one loss as long as that loss is not to BAL...BAL does have a much tougher schedule to close, I see (hope) at least 2 losses for them...but I do expect them to slow Ajaye down and beat MIA this week which does make NYG a MUST game.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, but again it all depends on what team shows up week after week.
We could and should run the rest of the schedule out. There is not any high caliber teams to really contend with. But if they let the Ravens catch and pass them in the standings again, I don't see us coming back from it again....the football gods are only gonna smile on you so many times, you have to take advantage of it. And from a team who was projected to be with a superior offense.....let me know when they get here!!!!

I think the reality is...they have a good OFC, that can look great in spurts...some of it is talent, some of it is Haley holding them back. I agree with Face...they need to be clicking in all 3 phases to win games.

Maximus Rex

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,357.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mentioned wanting to see Burns & Cockrell play on the LOS more, but that didn't happen much. And predictably they got eaten up on the short to intermediate routes.

I don't think this is going to stop, unfortunately. I recall Timmons? I think it was, but perhaps it was another linebacker, trying to cover T.Y. Hilton down the field 10 or more yards on a few plays. Not really going to cut it, and the CBs playing off the line of scrimmage 10 yards is always going to lead to the easy short completion for outside receivers, unless pressure gets there real damn fast. I really think the only 2 playmakers on this defense are Shazier and Heyward (Timmons was, once upon a time, but damn well not when he is in coverage, but Hargrave has filled in nicely for sure recently, so and we'll see about him becoming a playmaker). I'd hoped at the start of the season for one of those miracle years, where the ball just bounces the D's way and you see an inordinate amount of turnovers, but that hasn't really turned out. It seems to be kind of a deal where below average QBs don't move the ball that well against the D, but the good to great ones are just going to rip it apart.

If this team can get luck out with a turnover or 2 per game on D, the offense (usually) is good enough to beat any damn team in the league, especially if a reliable number 2 receiver can replicate what Mr. Broken Finger Coates was doing earlier in the year. I guess I miss Bryant more than I thought we would, with all the injuries and whatnot to the receiving corps. All that said, I'm still guessing a division title, and who knows what the hell will happen in the playoffs - here's hoping. :suds:

Maximus Rex

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,357.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correction... Didn't notice the Ravens already played the Bungals... :L

Face, when I read your post above the quoted one regarding that game, you had me wondering what the hell was wrong with me. I mean... I couldn't imagine FACE, of all people, getting the division rivalry games wrong, and seriously started to question my sanity. Dude, my head's in bad enough shape, stop fucking with it more with stuff like that.

Obviously kidding, in like 5,000 posts of his I've read, I think that's the one and only WTF moment I ever saw from him. Keep at em, Face!
:plane:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think this is going to stop, unfortunately. I recall Timmons? I think it was, but perhaps it was another linebacker, trying to cover T.Y. Hilton down the field 10 or more yards on a few plays. Not really going to cut it, and the CBs playing off the line of scrimmage 10 yards is always going to lead to the easy short completion for outside receivers, unless pressure gets there real damn fast.
Timmons has surprisingly kept up with lots of players, but still its an exploitable flaw to Butler's schemes. We saw Brady doing it with Edelman underneath a lot back in week 7. Hell, I even remember it in week 1 with DeSean Jackson running underneath. A lot of teams have picked up on it in film study so the Steelers are seeing it every week. Thankfully Timmons can minimalize the gains by making the tackles in pursuit, but its still an easy 7-8yd gain on most of those routes. They simply don't have anyone else that is good in coverage so it is what it is. I just think its retarded that its super obvious how much better the defense is when the CBs play at the line.

I really think the only 2 playmakers on this defense are Shazier and Heyward (Timmons was, once upon a time, but damn well not when he is in coverage, but Hargrave has filled in nicely for sure recently, so and we'll see about him becoming a playmaker). I'd hoped at the start of the season for one of those miracle years, where the ball just bounces the D's way and you see an inordinate amount of turnovers, but that hasn't really turned out. It seems to be kind of a deal where below average QBs don't move the ball that well against the D, but the good to great ones are just going to rip it apart.

If this team can get luck out with a turnover or 2 per game on D, the offense (usually) is good enough to beat any damn team in the league, especially if a reliable number 2 receiver can replicate what Mr. Broken Finger Coates was doing earlier in the year. I guess I miss Bryant more than I thought we would, with all the injuries and whatnot to the receiving corps. All that said, I'm still guessing a division title, and who knows what the hell will happen in the playoffs - here's hoping. :suds:

One of the biggest saving graces for this defense is certainly their offense. If the offense can force the other team to go 1-dimensional playing from behind then they play right into their strength. Once opposing offenses try stretching the field then Tomlin's Tampa 2 is a great scheme against it if the defenders are on their A game.

I agree about Shazier & Heyward. Seems like Butler has just started to figure out that Shazier & Timmons are his best linebackers so he's moving them around more. Shazier is the do-all playmaker so its a huge boost to have him on the field. Just hope he can stay healthy. I thought this unit was doomed after losing Heyward, but surprisingly they are playing smart assignment football. Not trying to overplay or compensate. And so far its working well. Still scares me to think about the Steelers secondary trying to tackle ODB in open space next week. That's cringe worthy.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Face, when I read your post above the quoted one regarding that game, you had me wondering what the hell was wrong with me. I mean... I couldn't imagine FACE, of all people, getting the division rivalry games wrong, and seriously started to question my sanity. Dude, my head's in bad enough shape, stop fucking with it more with stuff like that.

Obviously kidding, in like 5,000 posts of his I've read, I think that's the one and only WTF moment I ever saw from him. Keep at em, Face!
:plane:
Lol! Not sure what was going on with me... Just got back from a hunting trip and had a bunch of family events throughout the week. As you can imagine, I haven't had my mind on football as much lately. But fear not brother! My schedules are back to normal for the time being!

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol! Not sure what was going on with me... Just got back from a hunting trip and had a bunch of family events throughout the week. As you can imagine, I haven't had my mind on football as much lately. But fear not brother! My schedules are back to normal for the time being!
Did you get your deer yesterday?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you get your deer yesterday?
It was last week, but yes!

Who's Hunting Tomorrow??

Here he is:
Successful trip...

9XFpBFe.jpg

Rut was definitely starting in my neck of the woods... That bastard was a stinker. Not more than 30seconds after sitting down on a selected vantage point this buck came skulking through the brush with his nose down about 50yds away from me. No doubt sniffin around for a doe. If he had kept his head up he would have undoubtedly seen me prior to me gettin the drop on him.