• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 11: Virginia Tech vs. Florida State (Nov. 8, 2012) Coming to a Lane near you

Ray

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
chris frey, cequan jefferson and some teammates

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Loyalty to the offensive staff?? Everyone here wants Newsome gone and Stiney removed as OC... The difference is we still support the team instead of bash them with every single post. If we are the oddballs and you dont like us supporting the team then gtfo of here. All you do is bitch and moan but we are not Alabama, our recruiting is getting better and we are moving there but one bad season doesnt mean we will become UVA. Last night's game was called decent especially in the 2nd half. There will always be a few calls in every game for every team that fans dont agree with. Please start supporting the team instead of constantly bashing them or go find another place to bitch and moan because its truly getting old.

I am merely pointing out facts with a 4-6 team with a weak schedule. Too bad if you can't handle it

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am merely pointing out facts with a 4-6 team with a weak schedule. Too bad if you can't handle it

Facts...? You pretty much speak your opinion 90% of the time.

For example... it's your opinion that we would be a top 10 team if Beamer wasn't so "selfish" by keeping all of his "buddies" on the offensive staff. Hell... maybe if we fired everybody 5 years ago we'd have relinquished our top spot in the state to UVA already. Maybe we'd be in the national championship... we don't know. Most people thinking that we need to fire our offensive staff does not make it a FACT that we would be at a better place right now without them.

I do agree that we need to fire some people on the offensive staff... but like VTSparks said... we're all tired of you beating the dead horse. You bitch and moan when we win, you bitch and moan when we lose. If something really good actually happens you don't give the credit, you just wait until their's something to bitch about again. If you like that other boards constantly bash our team, then go post on other boards.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Facts...? You pretty much speak your opinion 90% of the time.

For example... it's your opinion that we would be a top 10 team if Beamer wasn't so "selfish" by keeping all of his "buddies" on the offensive staff. Hell... maybe if we fired everybody 5 years ago we'd have relinquished our top spot in the state to UVA already. Maybe we'd be in the national championship... we don't know. Most people thinking that we need to fire our offensive staff does not make it a FACT that we would be at a better place right now without them.

I do agree that we need to fire some people on the offensive staff... but like VTSparks said... we're all tired of you beating the dead horse. You bitch and moan when we win, you bitch and moan when we lose. If something really good actually happens you don't give the credit, you just wait until their's something to bitch about again. If you like that other boards constantly bash our team, then go post on other boards.

Like I said there are some oddballs on here. It's rare to find people who speak of the offensive coaches as if there is even a possibility that they're assets. Outside of Shane and Stinespring's recruiting and possibly Sherman's coaching there is nothing much there

I never said VT would be a top 10 team. I said Beamer has made sure they haven't been close because he's done nothing. These offensive problems are old, old, old.

Last edited by a moderator:

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You guys do realize that David Wilson would have the ground game working right? He led the NCAA in yards after contact last year. Imagine JC being much harder to bring down, even faster, and beating people around the end again and again for big gains to make up for poor blocking. You do realize most of the passing offense was Coale and Boykin being so dependable with their catching and blocking skills with the beloved WR screen and now that they're gone they don't know what to do? When all that's gone don't you see that the O-line is in its usual shitty state and that Beamer has ignored it for years?

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone here hates fooz's moaning, but the problem is obviously us, couldn't be with him...

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
4-6, ugly wins against weak competition, offensive coaches nobody but Beamer wants that have been kept around for years while they brought the team down. These are truths not opinions

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the game on ESPN3 right now and here are some of the things I noticed:

-that holding call that erased our first TD was bogus. Dude threw up his arms and the refs fell for it. Logan absolutely trucked the defender on that play too. Ironically on our red zone interception, there was a blatant hold that wasn't called.
-Our D line played out of their minds against the run. Most of the sacks were a result of blitzes, though, so pass rushing still leaves something to be desired.
-We did not convert a 3rd down until halfway through the second quarter. That is so pathetic.
-I've been noticing this in other games: Kyle Fuller is not having nearly as good of a season as was projected. I know his responsibilities are different, but in recent weeks, he's been getting burned just as much as Exum.
-Our play actions are so poorly executed. I don't know if this is on Logan, but no one ever bites on them. Half the time the RB is a good yard away when Logan fakes it to them.
-Our punter played very well. He is much better than the guys we had punting last season.
-Marcus Davis is the most frustrating player ever. He has absolute bricks for hands and that fumble he had was so careless. He will not be missed by many.
-Our O-line did what it's done all season: pass protect pretty well and not open up any holes in the run game. Painter should get credit for shutting down Werner all game.
-Logan had another sub par game: around a 50% completion rate and 2 interceptions. His accuracy improved as the game went on, but the main issue remains: he is not a good decision maker. He can't run the read option very well and he just does not make smart plays throwing the ball.

As has been the case the past few weeks, offense sucks while the defense keeps us in the game. I would be very surprised if we can't beat BC and UVA, though. With the way our D has been playing, all we really need is a few TD's against those teams.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Separate post just for Logan. Just some thoughts:

1. We are 4-6. Of our 4 wins, 3 were against garbage teams (yes, Duke is garbage) and our defense won the other. Do you guys honestly believe that we could be any worse with someone else at QB?
2. It's kind of funny how Logan is having a season comparable to Sean Glennon, yet there has been virtually no backlash from the fans. And don't say it's because Sean had questionable character because he was chastised after his first season at QB.
3. If Bucky comes in and has a good summer, do you think there is any chance that he will play next year? I think most people expect him to get red shirted, but if he even remotely lives up to the hype, he might give us a better chance at winning than Logan.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As has been the case the past few weeks, offense sucks while the defense keeps us in the game. I would be very surprised if we can't beat BC and UVA, though. With the way our D has been playing, all we really need is a few TD's against those teams.

I pretty much agree with your whole post, but I still would not be shocked if we drop BC. This team has shown that it is TERRIBLE away from Lane. I have also been pretty disappointed in Kyle Fuller this year. I don't know if this is a product of all of the position changes and the other personnel on the field or what, but he just doesn't seem to do what he did last year in pass coverage. Run D, he's still pretty stout.

And everyone else, just drop it with Fooz. He may be a bit over the top, but don't be blinded by how our defensive line played last night. This team still a very dysfunctional 4-6 (with a weak schedule), an FBS caliber offensive line, and coaches who took 10 weeks into the season to finally realize which running backs to put on the field. We have a lot of issues still. Hopefully D-line is no longer one of them.

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy hell I poked the Fooz bear. Was just saying making sure you knew the difference between "facts" and opinions. You're very opinionated and since you post your same opinion here 10 times a day some people are tired of it. And on that note:

Step 1 - Click on the link below
http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/profile.php?do=ignorelist

Step 2 - add VTfoozball, click Okay

Step 3 - Click Save Changes

... you'll be glad that you did

Thanks for the advice. Didn't know SportsHoopla had this.

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3. If Bucky comes in and has a good summer, do you think there is any chance that he will play next year? I think most people expect him to get red shirted, but if he even remotely lives up to the hype, he might give us a better chance at winning than Logan.

I would be very very surprised if Bucky came in and started. I would be a lot less surprised if Leal won the job in the offseason, but I still expect LT to be the starter

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. We are 4-6. Of our 4 wins, 3 were against garbage teams (yes, Duke is garbage) and our defense won the other. Do you guys honestly believe that we could be any worse with someone else at QB?
2. It's kind of funny how Logan is having a season comparable to Sean Glennon, yet there has been virtually no backlash from the fans. And don't say it's because Sean had questionable character because he was chastised after his first season at QB.

1. I'd imagine we'd have at the very least the same record. Only win that could be argued is GT in OT.

2. People justifying the bashing of Sean Glennon crack me up. Logan is having a worse season than Glennon ever had. I hope that this is a result of our fanbase being more mature. Could be that so much of the blame is on the offensive coaching staff and the OLine that people just feel bad for Logan. Maybe it's because he played well last year so people will keep supporting him hoping he gets back to that level. Who knows. I'm just glad that nobody is booing him. Hate when that happens.

3. Doubt the coaches burn the redshirt on Bucky unless he shows a lot of promise and passes Leal on the depth chart. If he somehow manages to pass Leal on the depth chart and Logan plays poorly, then there will probably be some chants for him similar to the Tyrod chants of old. But agree with hokiecheme that Leal is more likely to steal starting spot than Bucky.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. yes. Think strategic as well as tactical.
2. Glennon took more flak than he should have. I'm glad to see LT hasn't been given that kind of grief. There are a lot of reasons. A few... 1) he's not the single focus point of fans' pain. Every area of this team has been bad at one point or another, and many consistently. 2) We saw LT succeed last year, so we know he has it in him. Compare to how fans treat Foster vs. Stinespring when their units are playing poorly. 3) Hype. All the media gushing about how great his potential is, you want to hang in there and see him reach that even when he struggles. 4) He's a truck. Doesn't everyone love watching him run over someone? This also inspires a lot more confidence than watching Glennon fold. Etc.
3. no. That hype you mentioned is about potential, not current polish. He is not going to be ready to play next year. I will just throw out here... don't forget about Parker. Not that I think he'll play any more than Bucky next year, but I expect an interesting battle between those two in the years to come.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that always pissed me off about Glennon was that he had the pocket presence of a rock. Dude would stand in the pocket for an eternity, the DE would run to narnia and back to get around the OT to blast him for a sack fumble.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
LT is leading the nation in INTs. But it's okay because he was good last year with almost perfect pass protection, a good running game, weak schedule, WRs who never dropped balls or ran the wrong routes. LT is 20th in the nation in pass attempts so VT is passing more than ever. Leal is the better passer so it makes more sense to use him. But this is a Beamer-led VT team we're talking about where good offensive coaching and ideas aren't to be found and aggressive, smart moves like that aren't made. I'm hoping LT gets hurt in the next 2 games. Not bad just enough for him to miss at least 3 offensive series so we can get a good look at Leal. It's clear there is no other way he will get on the field

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Oh LT is a good runner and it's been pointed out on here that he is a big part of the running game. Well he's not been able to both. It doesn't matter if he can run for a few yards now and then if he can't pass it between runs. Leal isn't exactly a statue either. But whatever it doesn't matter because if LT doesn't get hurt then he's not coming out no matter how poorly he plays

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that always pissed me off about Glennon was that he had the pocket presence of a rock. Dude would stand in the pocket for an eternity, the DE would run to narnia and back to get around the OT to blast him for a sack fumble.

There are three guarantees in Blacksburg:

1) It is cold from October to April
2) The London Broil at West End will always be delicious
3) Sean Glennon will fumble when sacked.