• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 11: Virginia Tech vs. Florida State (Nov. 8, 2012) Coming to a Lane near you

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very, very poor effort on most of those.

Several of those runs he really couldn't make a block on someone without drawing a penalty (block in the back), but one could certainly argue..if you know it is a running play, why in the hell are you getting behind the DB's and putting them in between you and the RB?? And someone said it very well, most of being a decent blocking WR is not driving people into the ground (like an OL)..its just getting in the damn way and making the potential tackler have to go around you to make the tackle!!! Pretty simple stuff. Now the really good blocking WRs, they get their arms up and actually move the CB backwards. When you are 4-6 inches and 30 pounds heavier than most CBs you really don't need that much leverage. Good for Knowles for getting the start!

Last edited by a moderator:

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just about to post this video. Is there anyway he is just not being taught to block. There has to be some kind of explanation. I can't imagine him playing like that and not being benched. Him playing like that makes me think he has no respect for the coaching staff, or that he is just not taught to block...at all. Its really odd that he would still get playing time if it just a lack of effort.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hokies WR Marcus Davis responds to Deadspin video of missed blocks vs. FSU - Hokies Journal - The Washington Post

“There’s some plays, he’ll ask me what went on. I’ll tell him I read the wristband wrong. The play was actually coming to me and I thought it was going away, so he said, ‘We can’t have those mistakes in this game. We’re playing a great team. You can’t really make mistakes playing those guys.’ . . .

“We corrected it this morning in film. We’re not gonna let it happen again.”

oh good, glad its been corrected 10 games into the season.

Last edited by a moderator:

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“It is what it is,” Davis said. “I hope everybody gets what they want from it. It doesn’t faze me.”

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Obviously somebody was bored and they felt they could put up a video, but little did they know, they don’t know the half of it,” said Davis, who also questioned the leadership on this year’s team last week during an interview with The Post. “If that’s what they want to do with their free time, then I applaud them. Go ahead and do what you want. But at the end of the day, that’s not gonna define me. That’s not who I am.

Actually, yes it is. He's proven that all year. And he speaks of leadership, HE'S A FUCKING SENIOR. I can't wait till this guy is gone.

Basically, I'm just sick of the guy and sick of excuses. I am glad to see Knowles get the start this next weekend.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just about to post this video. Is there anyway he is just not being taught to block. There has to be some kind of explanation. I can't imagine him playing like that and not being benched. Him playing like that makes me think he has no respect for the coaching staff, or that he is just not taught to block...at all. Its really odd that he would still get playing time if it just a lack of effort.

From what I've seen in recent years, VT preaches blocking more to their WR's than they do running the correct routes. Boykin and Coale were excellent blockers. Davis is just lazy. He's a "me first" kind of player without the "me first" skills.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
After reading his quotes I've come to the conclusion that Davis is in some other universe

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've seen in recent years, VT preaches blocking more to their WR's than they do running the correct routes. Boykin and Coale were excellent blockers. Davis is just lazy. He's a "me first" kind of player without the "me first" skills.

I figured if that was the case he just wouldnt be on the field...guess not lol

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Antone Exum Jr. ‏@IAmSwag1
1. My new song "Revis" will only be released if we make it to a bowl game! All focus to my team and winning the last two! Means everything!!

Glad to Antone has found motivation to play well the next 2 games :L

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Antone Exum Jr. ‏@IAmSwag1
1. My new song "Revis" will only be released if we make it to a bowl game! All focus to my team and winning the last two! Means everything!!

Glad to Antone has found motivation to play well the next 2 games :L

unless we dont make it, then you know, he'll just release it later on...(didnt know Exum made songs)

and go figure, we need to win out to make a bowl, and UVA actually starts playing football. Never thought I'd see the day where our bowl eligibility hung on the last two games of the year

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unless we dont make it, then you know, he'll just release it later on...(didnt know Exum made songs)

and go figure, we need to win out to make a bowl, and UVA actually starts playing football. Never thought I'd see the day where our bowl eligibility hung on the last two games of the year

...and we haven't won back to back games against FBS opponents all year...

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andy Bitter ‏@AndyBitterVT

WR coach Kevin Sherman tells Beamer's website Corey Fuller, Demitri Knowles will start instead of Marcus Davis, Dyrell Roberts at BC #Hokies

Finally...