• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 11: Virginia Tech vs. Florida State (Nov. 8, 2012) Coming to a Lane near you

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not that I think the playcalling was to blame for this loss but it was the offense as usual which Stinespring is supposed to be the leader of

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think it's amazing Foster has not publicly gone off on the offensive coaches. He is a very patient man

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's not surprising that the offense looked so much better with Holmes out of the game. But a staff that takes as long as this one did to finally do that can only be classified as a joke. Is Shane behind the RB rotation? If so he's an idiot

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can put the Beamer/Newsome/Stinespring/O'Cain label on a bunch of L's and ugly W's over the years. Hopefully this is the year Beamer finally does something about it. It's a shame a year like this had to happen. Beamer has not shown the desire to take the team to the next level like he says he wants to

I think it is safe to say SOMETHING will happen after this season (even though I have been skeptical). We all know the offense is subpar this year Fooz...they played OK this game. Once again fell a bit short. But hey, Who actually thought it would be this close..

Although I know you are just tickled that we lost this one (albeit closer than you probably wanted)...Just let the ones who were actually wanting and thinking we could win (at the 3rd quarter mark), sulk just a little bit for goodness sake....

Deflating..Disappointing

I think I am going to go get Beer#7 :frown:

At least the Redskins won't lose this weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard for me to feel to bad about that one. Lots of positives, now we need to carry it into next season!

If that helps you cope, go ahead but we lost because of the same shit. Offense is still a mess. And I'm sure everyone will give the defense a pass but EJ Manuel picked us apart. You can highlight the good plays we did make or point out how FSU had some short fields or whatever, but FSU broke big plays when they needed to largely off mistakes (especially in the 2ndary). It basically boils down to this. Overall we're not as god awful as we have been earlier in the season, but we're not consistently good enough to win. That's just how its been this season.

And lastly and most importantly, I wish Michael Cole a speedy recovery. All faults aside, dude plays hard. That's all you can ask from a guy in his circumstances

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
"I think it is safe to say SOMETHING will happen after this season (even though I have been skeptical). We all know the offense is subpar this year Fooz...they played OK this game. Once again fell short.

Although I know you are just tickled that we lost this one (albeit closer than you probably wanted)...Just let the ones who were actually wanting and thinking we could win, sulk just a little bit for goodness sake....

Deflating..Disappointing

I think I am going to go get Beer#7"

I was wanting them to win dangit. Oh subpar ONLY this year? You and Beamer would probably have some nice football chats agreeing on everything

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wanting them to win dangit. Oh subpar ONLY this year? You and Beamer would probably have some nice football chats agreeing on everything

Horseshit. I'm not sure you really ever want them to win man..at least until someone gets fired. Sometimes I honestly wonder if you are a troll-Hoo in disguise. Sure, VT has not been absolutely STELLAR on offense in..say..what..'13 years. But then again A Michael Vick only comes every once in awhile. I hope Newsome goes, Stiney gets demoted, something happens. I'm with you, I really am. I want this team to get to the ultimate level. Just think VT has a long way to go to be a Top 5-10 team year in and out...thats if they are ever there.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Horseshit. I'm not sure you really ever want them to win man..at least until someone gets fired. Sometimes I honestly wonder if you are a troll-Hoo in disguise. Sure, VT has not been absolutely STELLAR on offense in..say..what..'13 years. But then again A Michael Vick only comes every once in awhile. I hope Newsome goes, Stiney gets demoted, something happens. I'm with you, I really am. I want this team to get to the ultimate level. Just think VT has a long way to go to be a Top 5-10 team year in and out...thats if they are ever there.

This is the only VT board I've come across that shows even the slightest loyalty to the offensive staff and Beamer. Most of you are real oddballs from the VT fanbase. Yes they've been a long way from a legit top 10 team BECAUSE OF Beamer's selfishness in keeping his friends around or his inability to see the problems or because he was secretly happy with 10 wins and a shitty conference championship despite being light years behind legit top 5 teams. I don't know why he has not made changes so I throw some possibilities out there

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Does anybody think they were trying for the 1st down on that QB sneak on the 3rd down play before the FG? Or were they content with setting up a FG? I don't have a problem with the decision to kick the FG but I do have a problem with the 3rd down play. It was a typical Beamer move but I can't say that I have ever liked his conservative ways

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that helps you cope, go ahead but we lost because of the same shit. Offense is still a mess. And I'm sure everyone will give the defense a pass but EJ Manuel picked us apart. You can highlight the good plays we did make or point out how FSU had some short fields or whatever, but FSU broke big plays when they needed to largely off mistakes (especially in the 2ndary). It basically boils down to this. Overall we're not as god awful as we have been earlier in the season, but we're not consistently good enough to win. That's just how its been this season.

And lastly and most importantly, I wish Michael Cole a speedy recovery. All faults aside, dude plays hard. That's all you can ask from a guy in his circumstances

I'm completely emotionally detached. My mentality going into the game was too look for positives, and there were a lot.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I thought there were some bright spots in that game. I didn't like the offensive play-calling all that much, but Logan was clicking with the offense, and they came dangerously close to winning that one.

BeachNHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Random thoughts from the last minute of the game.

- On FSU's td pass one of their receivers clearly picked our DB. You could actually see him push our DB with both arms extended before the ball was caught by the receiver.

- Our play design on the final interception was again flawed. One of the announcers mentioned it, but the roll out of Logan put the LB that was shadowing him directly underneath the slant. If Logan leads the WR the ball would have been picked off by the LB and if he goes back shoulder the ball gets picked off by the DB. The play design is asking Logan to make an impossible throw.

- A final note is that our redzone playcalling continues to be terrible. I need to go back and watch the Miami and FSU games, but I would imagine there were only 2-3 passes that were actually thrown into the end zone in both games combined. That is beyond pathetic playcalling and needs to be corrected.

- And for the love of all that is holy, can we please stop calling the QB power on short yardage plays. Every person knows that that is the playcall and that is why it has been consistently stuffed this season. That was also why the pass to Phillips against Miami was wide open because it was so against our norm. If we had any variation in our playcalling we would have a much more dangerous offense.

Jhalf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Does anybody think they were trying for the 1st down on that QB sneak on the 3rd down play before the FG? Or were they content with setting up a FG? I don't have a problem with the decision to kick the FG but I do have a problem with the 3rd down play. It was a typical Beamer move but I can't say that I have ever liked his conservative ways

Not really justifying it, but on ABs blog Logan said something like they had the perfect play called, and we missed a block. Maybe they saw a weakness there that they wanted to exploit. Logan said he would have scored.

Also, I was really hoping for a knowles bomb right after he made that first catch

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the only VT board I've come across that shows even the slightest loyalty to the offensive staff and Beamer. Most of you are real oddballs from the VT fanbase. Yes they've been a long way from a legit top 10 team BECAUSE OF Beamer's selfishness in keeping his friends around or his inability to see the problems or because he was secretly happy with 10 wins and a shitty conference championship despite being light years behind legit top 5 teams. I don't know why he has not made changes so I throw some possibilities out there

Loyalty to the offensive staff?? Everyone here wants Newsome gone and Stiney removed as OC... The difference is we still support the team instead of bash them with every single post. If we are the oddballs and you dont like us supporting the team then gtfo of here. All you do is bitch and moan but we are not Alabama, our recruiting is getting better and we are moving there but one bad season doesnt mean we will become UVA. Last night's game was called decent especially in the 2nd half. There will always be a few calls in every game for every team that fans dont agree with. Please start supporting the team instead of constantly bashing them or go find another place to bitch and moan because its truly getting old.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Random thoughts from the last minute of the game.

- On FSU's td pass one of their receivers clearly picked our DB. You could actually see him push our DB with both arms extended before the ball was caught by the receiver.

- Our play design on the final interception was again flawed. One of the announcers mentioned it, but the roll out of Logan put the LB that was shadowing him directly underneath the slant. If Logan leads the WR the ball would have been picked off by the LB and if he goes back shoulder the ball gets picked off by the DB. The play design is asking Logan to make an impossible throw.

- A final note is that our redzone playcalling continues to be terrible. I need to go back and watch the Miami and FSU games, but I would imagine there were only 2-3 passes that were actually thrown into the end zone in both games combined. That is beyond pathetic playcalling and needs to be corrected.

- And for the love of all that is holy, can we please stop calling the QB power on short yardage plays. Every person knows that that is the playcall and that is why it has been consistently stuffed this season. That was also why the pass to Phillips against Miami was wide open because it was so against our norm. If we had any variation in our playcalling we would have a much more dangerous offense.

So true.

If you only have three plays in the red zone, you're opponent is prepared for those.

They need to have some confidence in Logan's passing, particularly when he's hitting -- like last night.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So true.

If you only have three plays in the red zone, you're opponent is prepared for those.

They need to have some confidence in Logan's passing, particularly when he's hitting -- like last night.

You mean hitting our recievers? :drum:

But seriously, that was a good game last night. I wish we would've had Thompson still last night. That kid just can't catch a break. It was a lot closer than I thought it would be. All in all, it looks like there are some positives to take from the game. See ya later... chicken fuckers :D

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'd like to step up and take the blame for this one guys.. watched most of the first quarter.. played a soccer game.. sat down at the bar and the first play that i watched, was their TD to take the lead.

it's all on me. :L

sidenote though: ESPN continues to find ways to lose credibility even when i didnt think they had any left. dude on the radio between my apt and my soccer game (~20 minutes) managed to tell me VT's colors were purple, white, and orange, and that david wilson plays for the cowboys. where does ESPN find these people? country full of die-hard sports fans and this is the best they can do?

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what recruits were at the game, do we know?