• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 11: Virginia Tech vs. Florida State (Nov. 8, 2012) Coming to a Lane near you

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted to be cool and start game discussion thread, so I did. Discuss.

A few interesting tweets by Andy Bitter to spurr discussion here.
Andy Bitter ‏@AndyBitterVT
Manuel also had INT returned for TD by Jeron Gouveia-Winslow in that game. Was last defensive TD #Hokies have scored. 25 games ago.

#Hokies haven't been double-digit underdog at Lane Stadium since No. 1 Miami was 14-point favorite in 2001. VT lost that game 26-24.

Foster said #Hokies' D doesn't talk about offense's struggles to put up points. "We need to go out and do our job and that should be enough"

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the game where we go out and show the CFB community the type of team we should have been since game 2 this year. This game and the UVGay game are the games we will not only win - but win convincingly. Just a gut feeling I have had since around the Duke game.

FSU - W
BC - L
UVGay - W

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
This is one of those games when you grab plenty of adult beverages, long johns and your best carhart or camo and say in your best Corso voice "Aw fuck it". We only get so many chances to play FSU. Got to take advantage of the opportunity.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one of those games when you grab plenty of adult beverages, long johns and your best carhart or camo and say in your best Corso voice "Aw fuck it". We only get so many chances to play FSU. Got to take advantage of the opportunity.

That's what I am talking about!!! I just want a couple of games where we just show up and beat the living piss out of someone. Punch them right in the neck. My only fear is if we play so good, Beamer will think everything is fine.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait!!!! Va Tech has football team that is going to show up this week. LOL

Even if you do, you still don't have a chance to win. FSU is going to whip ass.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm torn; on one hand I want FSU to win so that when we win out and finish 11-1 we'll have an excellent chance at an at-large bid, but on the other, if FSU loses, we get to defend our conference title against a weak team from the Coastal. :noidea:

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm torn; on one hand I want FSU to win so that when we win out and finish 11-1 we'll have an excellent chance at an at-large bid, but on the other, if FSU loses, we get to defend our conference title against a weak team from the Coastal. :noidea:

An at-large bid would put you in a better BCS bowl and against a higher-profile opponent than winning the ACC would.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An at-large bid would put you in a better BCS bowl and against a higher-profile opponent than winning the ACC would.

Orange - FSU vs. L-ville
Rose - Braska vs. OregonSt.
Fiesta - ND vs. K-State
Sugar - Oklahoma vs. LSU
Championship - Bama vs. Oregon

Where and how would Clemson get an at-large?....Oklahoma would have to lose another game, but based on the Big12 strength of schedule, you can bet 2 big12 teams will be in BCS bowls or all hell will break lose.

Last edited by a moderator:

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be surprised to see Clemson get an at large over a 2 loss BigXII team, seeing that their one loss is to FSU, who will end up being, a top 5 or 6 team. Oregon St. still has to play Stanford and Oregon, so it's looking like if there have to be 2 teams from the Pac12, that will be what screws Clemson more than the BigXII

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orange - FSU vs. L-ville
Rose - Braska vs. OregonSt.
Fiesta - ND vs. K-State
Sugar - Oklahoma vs. LSU
Championship - Bama vs. Oregon

Where and how would Clemson get an at-large?....Oklahoma would have to lose another game, but based on the Big12 strength of schedule, you can bet 2 big12 teams will be in BCS bowls or all hell will break lose.

I didn't bother analyzing at-large situation until right now, was just going off what Ballboy said. Still a lot of games left to play. I'm shocked so many people project Oregon State to get an at-large since they are underdogs against Stanford this weekend.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't bother analyzing at-large situation until right now, was just going off what Ballboy said. Still a lot of games left to play. I'm shocked so many people project Oregon State to get an at-large since they are underdogs against Stanford this weekend.

That's because they project the PAC12 champ in the MNC game. This means the Rose would be able to pick whatever at large it wanted. You know the Rose bowl will do everything in its power to keep the B1G/PAC12 tradition intact. As long as Oregon is in the MNC game and they CAN choose a PAC12 team..they will (whether that would be Oregon St. or Stanford or whomever)

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pac 12 is so shitty. The fact that they will prob get two bcs teams is a frickin joke

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Stanford beats Oregon State then the second best team in the PAC will have three losses, would the Rose Bowl still not take Notre Dame?

Also, if Louisville loses to Rutgers then couldnt Louisiana Tech sneak into the top 16 and be ranked ahead of an AQ conference champion and take an at-large spot?

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Stanford beats Oregon State then the second best team in the PAC will have three losses, would the Rose Bowl still not take Notre Dame?

Yea, this is what I was getting at. Oregon State is 5.5 point underdogs against Stanford, but pretty much every projection has them in the Rose Bowl. If they lose this weekend the Pac-12 won't get an at-large.

Also, if Louisville loses to Rutgers then couldnt Louisiana Tech sneak into the top 16 and be ranked ahead of an AQ conference champion and take an at-large spot?

This is an interesting scenario, but also assumes 1-loss Rutgers doesn't leap frog 1-loss Louisiana Tech.

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also... this thread has totally been :tj:

Predictions for the game?

FSU 24
VT 16

Like us to keep it close since it's a Thursday night game and we've played like we have a pulse at home compared to the road. Once again, we can win if we don't give the ball away (or make special teams mistakes), but that's been hard for this team to prevent. A key turnover and failure to convert in the red-zone will be the difference.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a bad feeling our O-line just gets blown up. Hopefully we can get some kind of running game going, but I won't be holding my breath. Mistakes on the defensive and special teams side of the ball will absolutely kill us, so must eliminate.

FSU 31
VT 14

Ray

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are their any visitors coming

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, anyone want to do an avi bet? Just curious... I'll give out a good one if I win.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is an interesting scenario, but also assumes 1-loss Rutgers doesn't leap frog 1-loss Louisiana Tech.

I apologize for helping this thread stay off-topic lol
But, im am not assuming Rutgers loses either @Cincinnati or @Pitt before their game with Louisville. If that were to happen i doubt they are ahead of Louisiana Tech, but voters may try to keep Louisiana Tech out of the top 16 so its hard to say.