• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 11, New Orleans Saints @ Los Angeles Rams, 11/26/17, 1:30 pm, PST, CBS

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense, but Goff has proven to be way above mid tier this season... Does he make mistakes every now and then? Of course, this is basically his rookie year... Last season he had the combination of the Marx Brothers, Abbott and Costello and Laurel and Hardy all in one coaching staff. It would be a miracle in the entertainment industry, but not in coaching :nod: :lol:
I am offended, so there! :lol:
In all seriousness, I'll reconsider my stance if he continues to have solid performances (especially a good one against Philadelphia in a couple of weeks). Right now, I put him on the level of a healthy Ryan Tannehill where he can look like he's about to break out but then completely lays an egg the following week.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elite receivers turn to the sidelines when the defender is between them and the hash marks. It provides their QB with a place only their receivers can catch it when they throw a back shoulder.

That's what Goff threw, and he threw it pretty dog gone good considering the pressure. Watkins needs to get with the program and use the sidelines to his advantage in those scenarios. He would have had a TD later in the game too, had he just turned to the sideline in the endzone. Instead, he once again turns to let the defender in the play and the defender once again makes the play.

Had your boy played those two plays like most elite receivers would, Golden Boy has a close to 400 yards 3 TD's and no interceptions.

Quit making excuses for Your Boy, and dumping on Goff. He's not the greatest of QB's yet, but he can be. He just needs more experience at this point and the sky is the limit. Will he get there, who the hell knows, but I do think he is ahead of the curve considering where he was last year, and that's something to get excited about...

I've watched the play twice. Watkins has the CB beat deep by 2-3 steps easy and Goff throws it underneath? In the heat of the pocket?

So Sammy has the guy beat deep and has to come back to the ball underneath the CB and it's his fault?

Naaahhhht so much

Goff needs to get better under pressure. Period. We saw it against Minny. He had alot of time yesterday and did well, but under pressure he's making some bad throws. Not asking for the kid to be perfect, just needs to get better.

It will be interesting to watch when Philly comes to LA

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Vitamike

Did #12 not have the CB beat deep on that play by 2-3 steps?

Pretty sure he had made a sick juggling catch about a half hour prior to the INT. If it was an out route, why did Sammy have the CB burnt and have to come back to get the ball?

Your boy Golden Boy played good. I said it 5 times. Also said he needs to get better under pressure. That's not dogging your golden boy

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0; URL=https://mobile.twitter.com/i/nojs_router?path=/">

Stats are stats. So many variables to consider like how good our Oline has been. How many games have we played with a fairly large lead? Not to mention Goff doesn't hang onto the ball for very long which is good. How many blitzes have these guys faced? I think Wentz has faced the most.

Our Oline has played great and kept alot of heat off Goff.

What's unreal about that stat is how bad the Seattle Oline has been and Russell still can make a play using his legs with hardly anyone at RB to support him.

Last edited:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, here it is at the 7:42 mark....

First, I don't see the pressure you see. I see Jared step up in the pocket moving away from pressure like he should. Second, yes Sammy does beat Williams off the jamb at the line and Jared does throw the ball short, but with the other Williams over the top, I thought he threw the back shoulder but Watkins failed to adjust by continuing to track the ball over his right shoulder. If he continues to throw Watkins in stride, the other Williams has a clean shot on Sammy.

We are probably splitting hairs here but we both agree Jared could be better. Hope he gets there because he has a chance to be a pretty good QB in this League.

We really haven't seen him with a 4th Quarter come back win yet. Mainly because the Rams haven't had too many scenarios playing from behind in the fouth. We saw early in the season vs Washington where he was still learning the system, vs the Cowboys were he did come from behind just not late in the game, vs the Seahags where he came up an endzone drop away from a 4th quarter come back and vs Minny where he just had a poor game.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First, I don't see the pressure you see. I see Jared step up in the pocket moving away from pressure like he should. Second, yes Sammy does beat Williams off the jamb at the line and Jared does throw the ball short, but with the other Williams over the top, I thought he threw the back shoulder but Watkins failed to adjust by continuing to track the ball over his right shoulder. If he continues to throw Watkins in stride, the other Williams has a clean shot on Sammy.

We are probably splitting hairs here but we both agree Jared could be better. Hope he gets there because he has a chance to be a pretty good QB in this League.

We really haven't seen him with a 4th Quarter come back win yet. Mainly because the Rams haven't had too many scenarios playing from behind in the fouth. We saw early in the season vs Washington where he was still learning the system, vs the Cowboys were he did come from behind just not late in the game, vs the Seahags where he came up an endzone drop away from a 4th quarter come back and vs Minny where he just had a poor game.

gah, it was blocked :(

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was on the sauce during the game obviously. He did step up in the pocket - had some heat just needed to throw it a bit deeper. Helluva win man we needed it.

Sammy was running north pretty fast and had to go south on a dine to make that catch and should have let it go but the stud in him wants to catch everything I'm sure.

On to AZ. You guys going to the game this Sunday?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If any of you have a smart TV or fire stick / Roku device, go to NFL app and go to the Rams Saints game and hit highlights.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On to AZ. You guys going to the game this Sunday?

Don't know if I'm doing a same day turnaround or not. If I do I will stay dry at the game and just drink me some Sprite!

@Retroram52, are you going?

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SOOOO

i guess the bigger question is how do we fix this discord between Watkins and Goff. I would hate to give a WR a big contract if he isn't developing a connection with the QB. Goff seemed to adjust to Reynolds being around much quicker in 1 game then watkins with 11