• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 11, New Orleans Saints @ Los Angeles Rams, 11/26/17, 1:30 pm, PST, CBS

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We get the must win game vs an NFC powerhouse to keep a game ahead pace of Seattle...

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A huge win that I didn't think they had in them.

Defense held Brees in check for most of the game. Ingram didn't get going, which just left Kamara who had an unbelievable game.

Goff did just enough in the 2nd half.

Stayed ahead of the Hawks who had a cupcake game today. Still have a HUGE game against Philly coming up and of course the Hawks in Seattle which may determine the division winner.

Nice to be in this position this late in the season ( not since Sammy's rookie season ).

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We haven't seen 8 wins since 2006. I especially like the goal line stand that shut down the Saints. This team is really solidifying their place in the great Rams teams of the past. It is just a matter of time.

Next up: The Phoenix Cardinals in Phoenix!

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
354 yards, 2 TD's and 1 INT, sure we'd all love to see him get better, but cmon man!

That interception pissed me off, because Watkins didn’t enough on that to stop it. He could of and should of.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
354 yards, 2 TD's and 1 INT, sure we'd all love to see him get better, but cmon man!

And needs to get better under pressure if we are going anywhere in the playoffs

Don't go stay geek on me. He had some good throws and some bad ones under pressure

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That interception pissed me off, because Watkins didn’t enough on that to stop it. He could of and should of.

Lol. That INT by PJ was pretty impressive. Never mind Goff under pressure heaving it up way under neath Sammy and him trying to catch it.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodness are we getting the Golden Boy syndrome again?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodness are we getting the Golden Boy syndrome again?
Elite receivers turn to the sidelines when the defender is between them and the hash marks. It provides their QB with a place only their receivers can catch it when they throw a back shoulder.

That's what Goff threw, and he threw it pretty dog gone good considering the pressure. Watkins needs to get with the program and use the sidelines to his advantage in those scenarios. He would have had a TD later in the game too, had he just turned to the sideline in the endzone. Instead, he once again turns to let the defender in the play and the defender once again makes the play.

Had your boy played those two plays like most elite receivers would, Golden Boy has a close to 400 yards 3 TD's and no interceptions.

Quit making excuses for Your Boy, and dumping on Goff. He's not the greatest of QB's yet, but he can be. He just needs more experience at this point and the sky is the limit. Will he get there, who the hell knows, but I do think he is ahead of the curve considering where he was last year, and that's something to get excited about...

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Several 30+ yard runs today from people that got embarrassed recently. Higbee, Kupp, and Gurley along with Josh Reynolds first pro career TD. Lots of good stuff today.
Agreed. I understood why there was a lot of passing attempts as they wanted to attack the Saints secondary with their 2 starting CB's out. So not a lot of issues with the game plan. Just wish that they could've finished some of those drives in the second half with touchdowns instead of field goals.
As for the defense, for the most part I think that they held up well. Was glad to see that we got to Brees a few times when it's been hard to get to him all season. But they need to look at this film and figure out how to stop the run and go back to basics and learn to tackle because being in the bottom 5 against the run is going to catch up with them sooner or later. I saw way too many missed tackles for my liking today (to be fair, Kamara just did not want to go down on some of those plays).

Quit making excuses for Your Boy, and dumping on Goff. He's not the greatest of QB's yet, but he can be. He just needs more experience at this point and the sky is the limit. Will he get there, who the hell knows, but I do think he is ahead of the curve considering where he was last year, and that's something to get excited about...
From what I've seen of Goff, he's definitely improved from last year (not that that's saying a whole lot with the mess this team was). I'd say he has gone from a bottom tier QB to at least a middle tier QB at the moment. As long as he keeps improving, I won't complain and can't ask for more.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I understood why there was a lot of passing attempts as they wanted to attack the Saints secondary with their 2 starting CB's out. So not a lot of issues with the game plan. Just wish that they could've finished some of those drives in the second half with touchdowns instead of field goals.
As for the defense, for the most part I think that they held up well. Was glad to see that we got to Brees a few times when it's been hard to get to him all season. But they need to look at this film and figure out how to stop the run and go back to basics and learn to tackle because being in the bottom 5 against the run is going to catch up with them sooner or later. I saw way too many missed tackles for my liking today (to be fair, Kamara just did not want to go down on some of those plays).

From what I've seen of Goff, he's definitely improved from last year (not that that's saying a whole lot with the mess this team was). I'd say he has gone from a bottom tier QB to at least a middle tier QB at the moment. As long as he keeps improving, I won't complain and can't ask for more.

No offense, but Goff has proven to be way above mid tier this season... Does he make mistakes every now and then? Of course, this is basically his rookie year... Last season he had the combination of the Marx Brothers, Abbott and Costello and Laurel and Hardy all in one coaching staff. It would be a miracle in the entertainment industry, but not in coaching :nod: :lol: