• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 10 @ Jets

Adanac

beer.....yes please!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wouldn't a trap game be them looking ahead to a division rival or some other "power" like the Donkeys or Patsies???

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
L-E-T-S Beat The Jets!

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here We Go Steelers. Here We Go!!!

3riverbabe

32 flavors & then some
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF is going on? Just got home from daughter's gymnastics meet!

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game is just pathetic!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it me, or does it finally feel like they are game planning to exploit their opponents' weaknesses instead of the usual "stick to this game plan" type. It should have been common sense to do this, but for whatever reason they didn't.

Welp... Not like we haven't seen this type of game before :whistle:

Just an awful display yesterday. I said it before the game but it looks like I am going to have to eat those words in the quote above... Probably the Jets' biggest strength was stopping the run, and what do the Steelers do right off get-go? They run the ball, and keep trying to establish the run. What in the F#$% were they thinking with that game plan? How stupid could one be to play right into their opponents' strength? Are you serious!!?? I kind of felt like Haley's play calling was too good to be true the last couple weeks. Almost like Ben was making Haley look good again, but obviously not yesterday. And finally when they get the ball moving they start turning it over... Fumbles & INT's were the flavor of the day for PIT's offense. I don't care who you play, but you're never going to win ball games with a -4 TO ratio. Ben was making horrible decisions all day. Throwing into triple coverage and resulting in a INT shouldn't surprise anyone. That was just one of the many mishaps... And why was James Harrison rolling out in the RZ on offense??? Not very smart.

Well luckily for me I didn't get to watch the entire game, so hopefully someone else has some better insight than I do. But from what I watched it appeared like the team had lost all of it's intensity. "Laying an egg" is putting it lightly... Yet another year for a Tomlin team searching for it's identity!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just an awful display yesterday. I said it before the game but it looks like I am going to have to eat those words in the quote above... Probably the Jets' biggest strength was stopping the run, and what do the Steelers do right off get-go? They run the ball, and keep trying to establish the run. What in the F#$% were they thinking with that game plan? How stupid could one be to play right into their opponents' strength? Are you serious!!?? I kind of felt like Haley's play calling was too good to be true the last couple weeks. Almost like Ben was making Haley look good again, but obviously not yesterday. And finally when they get the ball moving they start turning it over... Fumbles & INT's were the flavor of the day for PIT's offense. I don't care who you play, but you're never going to win ball games with a -4 TO ratio. Ben was making horrible decisions all day. Throwing into triple coverage and resulting in a INT shouldn't surprise anyone. That was just one of the many mishaps... And why was James Harrison rolling out in the RZ on offense??? Not very smart.

Well luckily for me I didn't get to watch the entire game, so hopefully someone else has some better insight than I do. But from what I watched it appeared like the team had lost all of it's intensity. "Laying an egg" is putting it lightly... Yet another year for a Tomlin team searching for it's identity!

I watched the entire game Face....actually I would not put this on the coaches...Tomlin made to right call to go for the FG (missed) that makes it a 2 poss game with a lot of time left. Yeah they were keying on Bell...I'm still wondering why Archer is not seeing any significant touches...at one point he was in there with Bell and I thought that was perfect timing to get him the ball...1 play a fake pass to him and an inside screen to Bell...for naught.

You said it already...when your 2 best players on OFC both turn it over twice...you're going to lose...OFC moved the ball well a good part the day, and the DEF played well for 85% of the snaps...a long bomb for 6 vs Gay was the only real bad play....Jets had under 150 yd passing and maybe 120 on the ground...at least 50 of it from Vick.

I have to say hats off to the Jets DEF...dbl coverage but still a great play on the tip pick in the endzone, and the 2 strips on AB...Ben's other pick was a true gift.

Need to shake this off and get back on the winning track next week.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, exactly.

Like I... er... predicted. They reverted to the same game plan that screwed them against Tampa, Jacksonville (came out with the win there, but that was thanks to defensive points) and Cleveland.

Pawnd the Rawk, and screen passes against one of the best front 7's in the league, and let the grocery baggers in the secondary lounge and sip on Mai-Tai's.

They saw two weeks straight what the recipe for success is. How do you go back to what doesn't work, after that?

We had several players playing terrible individual games today, Ben especially. How does that happen? That's a coach issue, terrible preparation. Bad gameplan overall.

I do not understand this coach.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, exactly.

Like I... er... predicted. They reverted to the same game plan that screwed them against Tampa, Jacksonville (came out with the win there, but that was thanks to defensive points) and Cleveland.

Pawnd the Rawk, and screen passes against one of the best front 7's in the league, and let the grocery baggers in the secondary lounge and sip on Mai-Tai's.

They saw two weeks straight what the recipe for success is. How do you go back to what doesn't work, after that?

We had several players playing terrible individual games today, Ben especially. How does that happen? That's a coach issue, terrible preparation. Bad gameplan overall.

I do not understand this coach.

Pure and simple...the 2 best players on OFC had terrible games on the same day...this loss is squarely on Ben & AB...not the coaches. Maybe they were reading their own national press, but it's odd that Jerry Rice gives AB national creds, and Arians among many doing the same for Ben and they both stink up the joint...ironic.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree ATL, the fact that the best players lost this game is inexcusable. Tomlin gets a bad rap for teams losing to inferior opponents, and rightfully so, but lets not pretend Ben isn't a common denominator here too.

Everything could have been done better, coaching, execution, everything. But this comes to turnovers by your best players, and these aren't even understandable 'it happens' type of turnovers, they were lackadaisical plays by the best players on the team.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pure and simple...the 2 best players on OFC had terrible games on the same day...this loss is squarely on Ben & AB...not the coaches. Maybe they were reading their own national press, but it's odd that Jerry Rice gives AB national creds, and Arians among many doing the same for Ben and they both stink up the joint...ironic.
Ben and AB had horrendous games. But we didn't even try going downfield until they were already in a deep hole.

Why bash your head into an awesome front 7 with runs and screens? It was clearly a reversion to the gameplan from before the offensive explosion.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben and AB had horrendous games. But we didn't even try going downfield until they were already in a deep hole.

Why bash your head into an awesome front 7 with runs and screens? It was clearly a reversion to the gameplan from before the offensive explosion.

I'm not disagreeing with you on the game plan. I'm still waiting to see this 4.2 speed from Archer get used on more than 1 play at a time, but if the Jets didn't get 2 short fields and Ben doesn't throw a pick in the endzone...we're probably not complaining about the game plan is my point... at least not as much...lol.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't happy with the play-calling. Seems like this was the Todd Haley from last season. The constant running against a good front 7 when we were down and not doing anything. The Blount/Deebo stuff at the goaline when we badly needed a TD. Even those 1 yard passes to AB make me nervous. And yesterday, right after AB caught one of them a Jets lineman came in and caused a fumble. Ben seemed off. I mean, trying to reach Wheaton through 3 defenders when he had all day to pass on that play and had other options. Even Suisham had a weird day. You can make a 53 yard FG but not a 23 yard FG?

Losing to the Jets wasn't the problem. We seem to play down to our opponents. We do it under Tomlin and we did it under Cowher. I didn't like how we lost. Seemed like we had no chance in that first half even though we were not down by a whole lot. The Jets had not scored on their opening drive all season until yesterday and they haven't stopped their opponent from doing likewise until yesterday.

Still confused as to what this team is and what it wants to become. Hopefully, Ben and the Steelers can regroup and play a good game against the Titans.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't happy with the play-calling. Seems like this was the Todd Haley from last season. The constant running against a good front 7 when we were down and not doing anything. The Blount/Deebo stuff at the goaline when we badly needed a TD. Even those 1 yard passes to AB make me nervous. And yesterday, right after AB caught one of them a Jets lineman came in and caused a fumble. Ben seemed off. I mean, trying to reach Wheaton through 3 defenders when he had all day to pass on that play and had other options. Even Suisham had a weird day. You can make a 53 yard FG but not a 23 yard FG?

Losing to the Jets wasn't the problem. We seem to play down to our opponents. We do it under Tomlin and we did it under Cowher. I didn't like how we lost. Seemed like we had no chance in that first half even though we were not down by a whole lot. The Jets had not scored on their opening drive all season until yesterday and they haven't stopped their opponent from doing likewise until yesterday.

Still confused as to what this team is and what it wants to become. Hopefully, Ben and the Steelers can regroup and play a good game against the Titans.

It was tough to watch...but this really boiled down to Ben having a real bad game. Tomlin...even though I don't think this one was on the coaches...this losing vs bad teams is a legit rap and it's going to continue to be one until he changes it.

It's happened so frequently now that I'm more baffled than vexed because you know it was a topic during the week...the Blount play...I just had to laugh it looked so amateurish. Did he really think he was going to bounce that outside and make ANY kind of gain?...he needed to pee in a cup right after the game.