• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 10 @ Jets

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last 3 weeks have been the most impressive under Tomlin in 3 years.

Haley...the OL has had their moment and a few pieces moved around for minor injuries but we're seeing the effect of the main 5 getting a lot of snaps and growing as a unit under fire. Ben has found his RZ threat in Bryant, imo this kid is just scratching the surface of his potential. AB is doing his thing, Wheaton has been more productive...Moore/Miller have contributed to go with Bell & Blount...the only thing we've yet to see on OFC is any consistency out of Archer, and I think that's coming...in a way I'm happy they haven't put all the cards on the table.

Lebeau...I really think they bottomed out on DEF @ CLE and he or Tomlin probably said enough is enough, bend don't break is not working...they have been sending 5+ rushers @ the passer at a clip we haven't seen since 2011...that along with some upgraded play from the DEs...they are getting to the QB now.

Whose hurting for this one...already known to be out are Shazier (ankle) Shark, (other hammy now), Troy (knee, hope it's not the calf related stuff he's struggled with in the past)...if they win, I might shut all 3 down until the Saints game. We'll have to see how the rest are graded by tomorrow, but I feel Allen is more than capable (and I was wondering why they kept so many S)

On paper this should be no contest, but I think we know better now. With Vick...the zone blitz should work, much older now, but if your back is turned playing man, he can still burn you running it. Every team has talent, but I really don't see enough OFC from the Jets to beat the Steelers this week.

OFC, they have to come down a notch or two don't they? The weapons are gaining confidence...the Jets DL imo has their best players...the OL has to keep it together...Rex is certain to send heat.

Vegas is being a bit cautious here too with a PIT +5 line...I'm in step with Vegas, but I like PIT to cover. This game will probably be closer than the records indicate it should be.

PIT 26-20

What say you?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great analysis ATL!

O… Definitely a tip of the cap to Haley. He seems to be in the zone with his play calling. And I definitely like the aggressive play calling. Is it me, or does it finally feel like they are game planning to exploit their opponents' weaknesses instead of the usual "stick to this game plan" type. It should have been common sense to do this, but for whatever reason they didn't. O-line is going to be up against one of the best D-lines they have seen so far. The Jets' front is physical & agile which is worrisome. They did not play as well last week and it showed in the stat sheet. 4 sacks & only 70 yds rushing. Luckily the defense was wreaking havoc and putting them into good position. They will need to step it up next week. The weapons in this offense are firing on all cylinders, but they need that O-line to pave the way.

D… Playing with incredible amounts of heart right now. Harrison & Keisel are mid 20's again, while showing these young guys how to get it done week in and week out. Their work ethic is definitely rubbing off on the younger guys. Tuitt is coming into his own, and the DBs are playing great.

Injuries… Other than what ATL said, we might see Ventrone back in the fold this week on ST. Taylor is getting some full practices in, but I think it is still a week or 2 from his official return. Worilds sat out of practice with an abdominal issue. Reportedly not significant, just due diligence to a minor bump/bruise. Polamalu was diagnosed with a knee sprain. Luckily it isn't that old nagging calf again! But bad news is the knee sprain might hold him out 3 weeks depending on the severity. Initial reports were good, and it isn't as bad of a sprain as the one that Shazier had against CAR. They will likely keep him on ice for the next 2 weeks before giving him a go in practice.

I'm a bit cautious with making predictions anymore… Last couple times that I did we ended up losing I think. I'll err on the side of caution and leave that part out of the discussion lol. But the Jets are better than 1-8. They have their backs against the wall and Rex is fighting for his job. He is going to try and bring the fireworks this week but Haley & Lebeau need to keep the foot on the pedal. They need to make a big statement with this game: that they aren't going to be complacent, and they are real contenders, not just merely spoilers. I'm feeling very confident though!

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like a trap to me. By rights Ben would be setting passing records again against the absolute worst possible secondary you could put together outside of picking fans out of the stands.

I think Rex goes balls to the wall with his front 7, leaving his 2ndary exposed, but hoping it results in some plays. It's really his only chance.

If the Steelers play like they did the last two weeks, it should be epic. I fear for another Tampa style game.

Pass, Pass, Pass. Take what the Secondary gives you, they'll be serving up yards all day.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's always a trap game for the Steelers when they play teams with losing records lol!

Here's an alarming statistic: A total of 9 losses by the Steelers in their last 17 games against opponents that had losing records when they played them. 9!!!

This is a big reason why they are coming off back to back 8-8 seasons. They have to stop that for anyone to believe they have turned a corner.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oakland under Dennis Allen beat Pittsburgh twice. That's a big chunk of his wins.

Yeah, Steelers suck eggs against the dreck of the league.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomlin has admitted that he fears the letdown factor and his taking a different tactic... apparently there hasn't been a whole lot of pats on the back this week.

On the game...the OFC just needs to weather the storm and gets some points on the board early...and force them to play from behind...DEF...stay aggressive...I don't see enough playmakers on OFC for the Jets to win this game.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No reason to lose to the Jets, but we know the Steelers history, so I'm gonna say they play down to their competition, and win 23-20.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be a telling game for the Steelers. Maybe more so than the last two. Have you really turned the corner to an elite offense and a contending team? Not if you lose (or barely beat) a Jets team that is on the ropes.

Steelers 24-13. Ben gets two scores and Blount adds another. The 6TD streak stops but the Steelers get their win.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now there is the problem.. we beat the good teams but get lackadaisical with the sure bets

Agreed, although I think that had something to do with the style of play in the past, ie relying on defense. Relying on defense inherently leaves less margin for error.

You see less under dog let downs from teams with great offenses. Not sure the Steelers have a great offense yet, but they are trending in that direction.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be a telling game for the Steelers. Maybe more so than the last two. Have you really turned the corner to an elite offense and a contending team? Not if you lose (or barely beat) a Jets team that is on the ropes.

Steelers 24-13. Ben gets two scores and Blount adds another. The 6TD streak stops but the Steelers get their win.

I hear ya. You really can't ever take too much from past scores, each game is unique to that effort...BUF got 6 turnovers and blew them out, NE barely beat them...the only consistent thing I see all season is the Jets have trouble scoring...and largely due to poor QB play.

Get on top of them early by a couple of TDs and I think a little "give up" might occur. DEN was blown out in NE, if they beat OAK by 3 this week I don't think they are viewed any different...a low margin win won't really hurt the Steelers, but I would like to a see a 2 possession lead late for certain.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, although I think that had something to do with the style of play in the past, ie relying on defense. Relying on defense inherently leaves less margin for error.

You see less under dog let downs from teams with great offenses. Not sure the Steelers have a great offense yet, but they are trending in that direction.

After the Bucs game, if this team doesn't understand they need to bring 110% effort every game in all 3 phases, they never will.

One of the best things they came out of that game last week was the kickoff return for 6...they gave Tomlin ammo for the week.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey,...I hope you guys kick their ass this weekend.......''nuff-said''..!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the Bucs game, if this team doesn't understand they need to bring 110% effort every game in all 3 phases, they never will.

One of the best things they came out of that game last week was the kickoff return for 6...they gave Tomlin ammo for the week.

I said the same thing to my buddy as we were watching the game! :clap: More ammo for Tomlin! Keep a foot in their ass all week long to keep them on the right path. Let's hope he does or that complacency will set in like it usually does on what is viewed as an "easy win".

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly...this team is good enough to just roll into the Meadowlands and roll out with a win...the Jets are most likely going to have new HC, already have a new GM...those players better be busting it...let them hang around and get some confidence....no...I don't even want to think along those terms....pedal to the metal and get them out of it early...I hope.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly...this team is good enough to just roll into the Meadowlands and roll out with a win...the Jets are most likely going to have new HC, already have a new GM...those players better be busting it...let them hang around and get some confidence....no...I don't even want to think along those terms....pedal to the metal and get them out of it early...I hope.

:pray:

Adanac

beer.....yes please!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oakland under Dennis Allen beat Pittsburgh twice. That's a big chunk of his wins.

Yeah, Steelers suck eggs against the dreck of the league.

howdy Belt!

Adanac

beer.....yes please!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
better play a clean game or we won't beat the Jets......

establish the run and the pass will be wide open for huge gains.....that Jets secondary might be picked at without establishing the run, they have been brutal all year.

Burghfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's always a trap game for the Steelers when they play teams with losing records lol!

Here's an alarming statistic: A total of 9 losses by the Steelers in their last 17 games against opponents that had losing records when they played them. 9!!!

This is a big reason why they are coming off back to back 8-8 seasons. They have to stop that for anyone to believe they have turned a corner.
They tend to play down to their competition, don't they? I'm a little worried that the Steelers might beat themselves.