• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 1: Eagles @ Redskins

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJEwbOlUEAApqu7.jpg

0N7AAgp.png

lD0FBGq.png

Wmmy8sB.png

Qbaac1y.png

bPxBfvA.jpg

Last edited:

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
never forget

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
never forget

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the eagles , tough game coming up

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with those who believe that the NFL powers are doing themselves a disservice by scheduling these divisional games early. Being one of the factors in determining playoff qualification, it seems to me that scheduling them much later in the season gives MORE urgency to winning games in order to qualify for the post season.

Maybe they are taking advantage of historical rivalries to hold as the years go on, but one thing is certain to me and that is...division rivalries can't be taken for granted, they must have meaning, stoked by one being eliminated by the other and as a result, angered, vengeful fanbases, full of vile and vinegar, eager to tune in, buy tickets and part with more money than ever before.

These early division games can't carry the same weight as they would if scheduled much later in the season, if for no other reason than, there are 15 games to recover after an early loss versus, near single elimination when teams are vying for playoff spots.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so far no injuries looks like dox will play and perhaps long and JR

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel this game should be a good barometer of where our respective teams are at. Philly has a lot of optimism after adding Alshon Jeffery and some pieces on defense including CB Ronald Darby and DT Timmy Jernigan. But the running game looked shaky in preseason with Legarrette Blount, who looked like a poor fit for the offense, and even with Darby the corners look suspect.

For the Redskins, I am curious to see how the WR position looks. Losing Garcon and Jackson, that is a lot of catches and experience. I know Crowder is an up and comer and Terrelle Pryor is coming off a breakout season, but it still seems like a wildcard to me.

You guys probably saw, but the Redskins started as a three-point favorite and the betting line shifted dramatically. A lot of money came in for Philly with that spread, which was the traditional home-field spread. So clearly some people out there think it will be close/a Philly win.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel this game should be a good barometer of where our respective teams are at. Philly has a lot of optimism after adding Alshon Jeffery and some pieces on defense including CB Ronald Darby and DT Timmy Jernigan. But the running game looked shaky in preseason with Legarrette Blount, who looked like a poor fit for the offense, and even with Darby the corners look suspect.

For the Redskins, I am curious to see how the WR position looks. Losing Garcon and Jackson, that is a lot of catches and experience. I know Crowder is an up and comer and Terrelle Pryor is coming off a breakout season, but it still seems like a wildcard to me.

You guys probably saw, but the Redskins started as a three-point favorite and the betting line shifted dramatically. A lot of money came in for Philly with that spread, which was the traditional home-field spread. So clearly some people out there think it will be close/a Philly win.

Our games are always close. KC usually has his best games against the Eagles. If Wentz can score with KC then this should be a great game. I tell my fellow posters that If Wentz outplays Kc in this game there should be major red flags about KC. We are paying KC 24m this season. I hope he plays like he is being paid. This should be a game the Skins should win if we want any part of the playoffs this year.

Its a huge game for the Eagles b/c I believe if they lose against the Skins they start of the season at 0-3. They go to KC and have NYG at home for their next two. I am already on record saying if the Skins lose their first two games that there are major questions that should be asked for our team. We play the Rams in Week 2.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I don't see KC and the Giants as invincible by any means, but yeah, it is a divisional game and it counts a lot.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one game does not a career make dean ,

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good to see this well thought out post. I have been watching several Eagles fans rants on YouTube & those fans are an outright embarrassment & make your fanbase look moronic. Their portrayal of the current Redskins team is not even remotely close to being accurate & most appear to portray the Eagles as SB contenders. Nice to see some balance with the opinions - thanks.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also I really liked Josh Doctson at TCU and think he can be a good NFL receiver. But I guess we have to see how he comes back from that injury. The Eagles drafted a corner, Sydney Jones, who is recovering from an achilles injury he sustained at his pro day draft workout, so I have read a bunch about it, and it seems like it is not as hard to recover from as it was in the old days. But in the old days, some guys never regained their explosiveness after these injuries.