• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Weak SEC scheduling....

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not going to look up schedules, but SEC has Whisky and WVU in week one. Doesn't Tennessee play OU or somebody?
Yes, this is the stupid part of the thread ...

Last week: SEC - OOC with Clemson, WVa, Wisky, and BSU, and with meaningful ICs - Arky v. Auburn and USCe v. TAMU. Someone want to queue up the other conferences? Didn't think so.

I would also point out that the PAC is having early meaningful IC games like the SEC. The other conferences, not so much.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it next season when the B1G institutes the D1 only scheduling? Couldn't remember when that was supposed to take place.
I know you go to 9 IC in 2016, not sure about your cupcake rule.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So b1g gets credit for Oregon, but PAC doesn't get credit for MSU.

SC and Stanford don't get credit for ND but b1g does?

I am confused.

Was talking about this week only. In reference to Hokie's posts from Bryan Fischer on 1st page of this post. I clearly missed Michigan State though. My bad.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was talking about this week only. In reference to Hokie's posts from Bryan Fischer on 1st page of this post. I clearly missed Michigan State though. My bad.

Ok. Now I understand.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to comment on SOS this year.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was just a thing on SECN last night with Gene Cheesedick and he made some good points about how people think scheduling is like they have any choice of schools across the country, when usually it's more about choosing a school from a small list of available schools due to needing a free date open and so on.
That explains why Alabama went so hard after Old Dominion - but got turned down.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So b1g gets credit for Oregon, but PAC doesn't get credit for MSU.

SC and Stanford don't get credit for ND but b1g does?

I am confused.
Here is a basket in which you can put all those cherries people are picking in this thread.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That explains why Alabama went so hard after Old Dominion - but got turned down.

Don't know, but I know we have a date either next year or the year after that needs to be filled and we are extremely desperate to fill it. They've even said publicly that they will take any team.

Maybe college football/NCAA could step in and do some things to help schools with scheduling, like setting certain weeks as conference weeks for all conferences, which would increase the number of match free dates for other teams in the future.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know, but I know we have a date either next year or the year after that needs to be filled and we are extremely desperate to fill it. They've even said publicly that they will take any team.
C'mon. You and I both know it will be FIU.

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How could the SEC suspend players if they only played power 5 teams? Inquiring minds want to know, Mr Muschamp

That’s easy. He would suspend them from the 2nd practice of two-a-days at the end of summer. That outta teach em.:yahoo:

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't there a Pac-12 team a few years ago that started the year at #1...then managed to stay ranked loss after loss...finally dropping out of the top 25 after their 4th or 5th loss...hmmm does anybody recall what team that was? How quickly we forget 2012.

I can accept an argument about poll bias from just about any fanbase...except USC. You whiny bitches have had a free ride since they invented the damn polls. Don't get me wrong USC has had some great teams, but they get the advantage of being USC in the PAC-12...

And here's a news flash for you...you and every other PAC-12 team can play whomever they would like in November. Any scheduling issue you have is self-imposed.

They get that benefit because they have played more BCS opponents that any other major BCS program. unlike Alabama who, next to PSU has played the most NON-MAJOR opponents than any other BCS program

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They get that benefit because they have played more BCS opponents that any other major BCS program. unlike Alabama who, next to PSU has played the most NON-MAJOR opponents than any other BCS program

You do realize the term "BCS program" contains such a broad range that it's almost usless? I have no idea off the top of my head which team has played the tougher competition, but the statement "BCS Program" means nothing.

Especially knowing conferences make up the majority of the schedule and conference strength is likely the biggest factor in any individual teams overall historic SoS.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize the term "BCS program" contains such a broad range that it's almost usless? I have no idea off the top of my head which team has played the tougher competition, but the statement "BCS Program" means nothing.
Disagree. While there are weak teams in BCS conferences, how many strong non-BCS teams are there? Holding the record for most non-BCS opponents is a dubious honor, and indicative of a week out of conference schedule.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. While there are weak teams in BCS conferences, how many strong non-BCS teams are there? Holding the record for most non-BCS opponents is a dubious honor, and indicative of a week out of conference schedule.

I don't really care if Alabama is last on such a stat. #1 in the stat that matters. SoS rankings over the years pretty much prove what I said about it being a meaningless label.

Alabama's SoS has dropped last year and this year, but beyond that has played top schedules. This year so far it's actually starting to look a little better on strength, but still too many lower rent FBS/FCS teams. Still, I have a feeling if Alabama wins out, or maybe even has only 1 loss, we'll be in the playoffs while you'll be talking about BCS opponents as if it means something.

It's a meaningless stat because it doesn't say anything about the frequency in which the top teams are played. And trying to pass off a stat that says playing Purdue every year is the same as playing Alabama every year is retarded.