• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We should all get rings

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda gratifying to see ol' beams speak up.

Damn skippy it is. I don't know about you guys but I am feeling totally disrespected the last 24 hours after the announcement. The media is pounding VT. I think it will make for good bulletin board material and you better bet Beams and Bud will use it as so...

Some more hatin..on page 2

LSU-Alabama BCS title game rematch hysteria masking great game - Stewart Mandel - SI.com

I won't even respond to this right now. I usually like this guy but he *and many others) are being total hypocrites when this kinda stuff happens for Texas, ND, Michigan etc. all the time..

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
way to go beamer!

that is all.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how Mandel spends 4 paragraphs thrashing Virginia tech but defends the Michigan pick with two words....."fair enough"
What a tool.......

Exactly...That's EXACTLY what I was talking about.

For the record Mandel is a Northwestern grad and Big 10 guy, hence the allegiance to Michigan??

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No response from him. I will go after him again today. Check it around 10am or so. Fuck that guy. Thanks for his alumni info.

Stewart Mandel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I typically like his writing alot (along with Andy Staples on Si.com), especially his "Mailbag", typically published on Wed, and "Overtime" on Sat/Sun. He is usually fair IMO. Not sure where this came from, and he did make himself look like a total homer with the "fair enough" statement. His mailbag will surely be interesting tomorrow with a bunch of Hokie hate mail.

Not sure what is up with Herbie either. I will try to end my ranting on this "hatin" soon.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
At-large teams DESERVE NOTHING. BCS selections are simple. Top 4, or win an AQ conference to deserve it. I do feel K State and Boise had better seasons (relative to their own programs) than Michigan and Virginia Tech. However, the purpose of at-large selections in the BCS is to attract matchups, and that is exactly what the Sugar Bowl went for. I agree that Tech fans are the reason the Hokies are going to New Orleans, and was absolutely shocked when I saw Virginia Tech flash on the TV. We actually got a better bowl and matchup by losing. I hate the system too, but let's not forget this shit happens every year.

Last edited by a moderator:

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normally I would be mad about all this anti-VT bashing in the media, but the past few years have toughened my skin in that regard. I'll say this, after being snubbed so many times by the NCAA Tournament Selection Committee and getting screwed out of a BCS bid in 2000, I'd much rather be on this side of the fence where everybody hates us instead of settling for a lower bowl or the NIT.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, remember 2007 where we were ranked No. 3 in the BCS and then West Virginia lost. We were set to move to No. 2 and play in the championship, but ESPN threw an absolute tantrum to make sure voters had LSU jump us since they beat us so bad. The system in place should have sent us to the BCS Championship game, but ESPN successfully passed its agenda on to voters even though we were No. 1 in the computers that year.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope Michigan walks into the Superdome thinking their shit smells likes roses and we absolutely demolish them. It is only two days after the selection, but how long with these hacks keep bitching about us "backdooring" our way in? I hope they keep it up, we always play better with a chip on our shoulder.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Rumor Time!!! Heard this from a straight shooter in SEC country. I take it with a grain of salt, but it's interesting.

Paraphrased:

A group of SEC athletic directors, including Alabama's Moore, specifically recommended Virginia Tech to the Sugar Bowl.