• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

we need 3-1 split go o's

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The O's are no better than a .500 team. When they play a series against a contender (like Detroit) they get swept away. They have two absolute losers in their starting rotation, and both of these rag arms were off season acquisitions.

That alone shows how little the O's are committed to winning. Acquire losers for your starting rotation. Those two guys won't win 10 games between them. Davis has returned to reality, and sucks. The only player with any real production is Cruz, and when his bat is quiet the O's won't produce enough to win.

The only SP that was acquired during the off-season was Jimenez.

The team has been very frustrating to watch thus far, but they do deserve the benefit of the doubt considering the injuries they had to deal with thus far. Through 42 games so far:
Davis-Missed 12 games
Hardy- Missed 8 games
Machado- Missed 25 games
Wieters- Missed 16 games

The offense is a huge part of the reason why our SP's have taken so many losses.
-The team is 4-4 in games started by Bud Norris. In 3 of those 4 losses, the offense put a total of 3 runs on the board, while Norris only gave up a total of 9 runs in those 3 games.

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its tough to win consistently without being a decent smallball team.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realistically didn't expect Davis to get anywhere close to the season he had last season. Even having said that, what he's done so far is a bit below expectation. Still plenty of time. If it's the beginning of July and we're still having the same conversation, I'll feel different. (I'd taken a peek at a couple of Ranger threads in the past when he was on their team.. he confounded fans with his potential and what he was able to produce. We might be seeing a bit of that now. Still a good trade for us, no question.. even if having Koji as our closer right now might loom seductive.)

What Bud's delivered has FAR exceeded my expectations. I admit it, I'm a convert now, even if I was wishy-washy on him before. Very happy to be wrong on this.

Hardy... he's hard to figure. I can never get a grip on him. Everytime I think of him as a great defensive player with a little offense, he goes and has a lengthy enough offensive output. And then when I get used to him doing that, he seemingly retreats back to the 'great SS with a little pop' form. I know this though... the millisecond he's gone, there'll come a moment immediately after that I'll wish "if Hardy was here, he would've made that play... and made it look easy."

calfan810

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realistically didn't expect Davis to get anywhere close to the season he had last season. Even having said that, what he's done so far is a bit below expectation. Still plenty of time. If it's the beginning of July and we're still having the same conversation, I'll feel different. (I'd taken a peek at a couple of Ranger threads in the past when he was on their team.. he confounded fans with his potential and what he was able to produce. We might be seeing a bit of that now. Still a good trade for us, no question.. even if having Koji as our closer right now might loom seductive.)

What Bud's delivered has FAR exceeded my expectations. I admit it, I'm a convert now, even if I was wishy-washy on him before. Very happy to be wrong on this.

Hardy... he's hard to figure. I can never get a grip on him. Everytime I think of him as a great defensive player with a little offense, he goes and has a lengthy enough offensive output. And then when I get used to him doing that, he seemingly retreats back to the 'great SS with a little pop' form. I know this though... the millisecond he's gone, there'll come a moment immediately after that I'll wish "if Hardy was here, he would've made that play... and made it look easy."

What bud has done so far, he's done that his whole career , albeit it was in Houston on a terrible team...He's doing exactly what I expected solid #3 starter with attitude