• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We just clinched the NFCW today.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have plenty of Niner's fans posting on this board and usually they are just fine. No reason to ban someone as long as they are civil. If you go to another teams board and post garbage than you takes your chances.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a HUUUUUGE alex smith fan back when they went 13-3.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I try to warn everyone....DO NOT POST ON THE 49er BOARD Nobody listens, everyone feels that they can post there and not get banned/restricted, those guys are sensitive, best not to go there at all. Use the NFL general board if you want to talk to fans of other teams. Team boards are no place to interact with others, those boards are for fans from their teams, nobody wants outsiders polluting team boards.

Will anyone listen to me? I doubt it.

The mods on the 49er board really want to keep a tight lid on trolls, I know that a few of the banned posts were a little touchy, but coming onto the 49er board to gloat or to insult 49er players or coaches will usually get you banned.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The mods on the 49er board really want to keep a tight lid on trolls, I know that a few of the banned posts were a little touchy, but coming onto the 49er board to gloat or to insult 49er players or coaches will usually get you banned.

True. Sonny and a couple others have come on the board, talked straight football, and simply got into arguments based on position, not trolling or talking shit...and to my knowledge nothing happened. But yeah, if you come to talk shit or gloat, you will get banned with a quickness.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Sonny and Boogie have avoided the hammer so far, I wish they would not risk it, I'd hate to lose either one. Also our newest member BoBlake has posted on the 49er board, he doesn't realize how risky that is. There is a general board for interacting with fans of other boards, use it.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Sonny and Boogie have avoided the hammer so far, I wish they would not risk it, I'd hate to lose either one. Also our newest member BoBlake has posted on the 49er board, he doesn't realize how risky that is. There is a general board for interacting with fans of other boards, use it.

But that's my point Harold, they simply talked football and weren't assholes. Some of the respected posters on this board got into heat on the NIner board because they went there specifically to talk shit, they didn't approach it the same way as Sonny and Boogie...and because of that, they got bounced. After the 2nd game of the season at SEA, a FLOOD of trolls went over to talk shit and got kicked because of it. I didn't come over here to gloat after our last game vs. SEA because I know a) that would be stupid of me and b) we still have the post season to play, where it REALLY counts.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that's my point Harold, they simply talked football and weren't assholes. Some of the respected posters on this board got into heat on the NIner board because they went there specifically to talk shit, they didn't approach it the same way as Sonny and Boogie...and because of that, they got bounced. After the 2nd game of the season at SEA, a FLOOD of trolls went over to talk shit and got kicked because of it. I didn't come over here to gloat after our last game vs. SEA because I know a) that would be stupid of me and b) we still have the post season to play, where it REALLY counts.

I have no doubt that many of the posters had it coming, but even just talking football can raise hackles. I made one, just one post...to invite 49ers posters to a thread here on the Seahawks board....yet someone reported me for trolling, true I didn't get restricted, but it shows how how hot the water is over there.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hardly go over there. It gets ugly pretty quick and I get warnings from Misko. Boogie however handles confrontation better than I do.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hardly go over there. It gets ugly pretty quick and I get warnings from Misko. Boogie however handles confrontation better than I do.

Misko is a mod, but not really one of the regs on our board. Ray and Clyde are the main mods on our board that do the troll-hunting.

The other problem is that you have posters like Breaker who have worn out their welcome on boards like the Hawks that then in turn believe it is their job to make any Hawk poster's time on the Niner board full of conflict.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Misko is a mod, but not really one of the regs on our board. Ray and Clyde are the main mods on our board that do the troll-hunting.

The other problem is that you have posters like Breaker who have worn out their welcome on boards like the Hawks that then in turn believe it is their job to make any Hawk poster's time on the Niner board full of conflict.

Clyde is a freaking maniac.

And I notice that with Breaker. He only posts about the Seahawks over there, in very angry fashion.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've been over to read a few times and noticed what clyde is capable as a mod over there. The hammer he put down is harsh and unjustified sometimes and that's why I'm glad we don't have a mod like that here. :noidea:

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clyde keeps the board free of trolls, it's a great board and doesn't have the conflict

He also berates anyone that doesn't agree with him. He's too emotional to be a mod, IMO.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this point.

I disagree with this point...maybe it's because I get along with him just fine. He is extremely unemotional...he just has a serious lack of patience for bullshit and it is color blind. Watch him berate Deep or Toby as an example that he isn't just an asshole to trolls of other teams, he's an equal opportunity asshole and I respect that about him. Come with an argument, come with facts to support said argument, come with respect and he doesn't give a flying fuck. Come to spout off, gloat, troll, etc. and you will assuredly catch his wrath.

Our board is clear of trolls so because of that, I am thankful. If there is someone who got banned with a quickness, I'm guessing you didn't follow the bolded portion above. Our board has survived trolls from ESPN twice, CBS once, and another board I cannot remember years back and he is one of the guys, along with Ray, to thank for that.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with this point...maybe it's because I get along with him just fine. He is extremely unemotional...he just has a serious lack of patience for bullshit and it is color blind. Watch him berate Deep or Toby as an example that he isn't just an asshole to trolls of other teams, he's an equal opportunity asshole and I respect that about him. Come with an argument, come with facts to support said argument, come with respect and he doesn't give a flying fuck. Come to spout off, gloat, troll, etc. and you will assuredly catch his wrath.

Our board is clear of trolls so because of that, I am thankful. If there is someone who got banned with a quickness, I'm guessing you didn't follow the bolded portion above. Our board has survived trolls from ESPN twice, CBS once, and another board I cannot remember years back and he is one of the guys, along with Ray, to thank for that.

I haven't been here long enough, nor do I have the history that some of you guys have from other boards. I think he handles trolls just fine. He is VERY emotional. If you are going to cuss out everybody that debates you, that says you have anger issues. Anger is an emotion.

Anyhow, he's the mod and that's how it is. Maybe one day I will accept that he's just Clyde being Clyde.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he is emotionally consistent. Stupid statement = Stupid response. I guess agree to disagree.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clyde keeps the board free of trolls, it's a great board and doesn't have the conflict

Really? All I see on your board is arguments. Not discussions, but outright arguments even between your own base. There is more drama on that board than the open main board or at least in the few threads I ever read there.

The difference between the SF board and Seahawk board is SF fans can have an actual discussion on this board without us beating the crap out of you while the opposite isn't possible. I've posted on the SF board many times and can't remember ever not getting a few negative posts from some of your base. I'm not saying some of you don't carry on normal conversations, but you sure don't have a lack of assholes just looking to crap on anyone not a SF fan who dares to post there. At least that's how I see it.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? All I see on your board is arguments. Not discussions, but outright arguments even between your own base. There is more drama on that board than the open main board or at least in the few threads I ever read there.

The difference between the SF board and Seahawk board is SF fans can have an actual discussion on this board without us beating the crap out of you while the opposite isn't possible. I've posted on the SF board many times and can't remember ever not getting a few negative posts from some of your base. I'm not saying some of you don't carry on normal conversations, but you sure don't have a lack of assholes just looking to crap on anyone not a SF fan who dares to post there. At least that's how I see it.

There are a lot of arguments on the board, but it's about topics like coaching, qb play, wide receivers, people aren't hand jobbing each other over how great their team is. And I would say that I would come here to correct misapprehensions about the 49ers and i got a lot of shit too at the beginning, although that's changed a little.

I would also note we have 5200 threads and 238000 posts, which dwarfs any other team board. There will obviously be a lot of arguments and personalities.

Last edited by a moderator: